Monday, May 2, 2022

Butterflies Sending Smiles

Hi, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a butterfly card!  I like to join Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge as often as I can, even when I don't try the fold that's part of each challenge.  In this case, it was the bright, vibrant colours that inspired me as they are some of my favourites. See the inspiration graphic below.

The beautiful butterflies came from Gecko Galz Stamp Challenge for May, and I had fun colouring them with markers.  It's free to join, and the digital image is free, so why not go over and check it out.


I added accents with a white paint pen as well as little dots between the butterflies using one of my markers.  I added a die-cut scalloped frame in yellow (Impression Obsession Rectangle 6-in-1 Frames) and stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts.  As a finishing touch, I adhered gems to some of the butterfly centers.  

Below are the inspiration colours for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge; I used fuchsia, flax, and flame so I went with Option 1, which is "any 2 of  the colours plus your butterfly."



I would also like to join the following challenges:
Allsorts 674 AG Optional Scenic 1/3
Crafts Galore Encore May 1/3
Die Cut Divas May AG 1/4
Digi Choosday 17 AG 2/2
DL.ART May Linky AG UE
Double Trouble 109 Thing1 Rainbow Colours 1/4
Gem of a Challenge 9 AG 2/3
Incy Wincy May Use a Die-cut or Punch 1/5
Passion for Markers 638 Favourite Colours UE (I love bright colours, especially fuchsia)
Penny's Paper-Crafty 520 AG 1/3
QKR Stampede 443 AG 1/3
SheepSki 62 For the Girlz 1/3
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 2/5
Word Art Wednesday 541-542 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 3/5 wk1

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joy-filled day!

20 comments:

Elaine said...

Lovely and colourful. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Sioban said...

Really hard challenge but this works well. Just imagine a world where there are butterflies as colourful as these.

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so beautiful, and perfect for any occasion. Wonderful colouring. Your gems are a super addition. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

The Crafty Den said...

Your card is beautiful Kitty. The butterflies are gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ellibelle said...

So many beautiful butterflies on thie pretty card and gorgeous colors! Thank so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Makira said...

A beautifully colored card! I love the sentiment you paired with your butterflies. Cheers, Makira

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Kitty! Love the bright colors, and of course your coloring is exquisite!! Thank you for sharing your talents and card with us at Double Trouble for our "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" challenge!!! -Donna

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! It's a true pleasure seeing you colouring with markers, you are very talented and accurate! Such amazing explosion of happy colours used here! The butterflies look really fabulous and it's so clever how you realized the background with all those delicate dots! The yellow frame catch the eyes on the colourful panel and the fuchsia do more vibrant the whole card! You have a really good eye for the colours palettes!! Very well done!!
Thanks for your kind and lovely words about my delay, dear friend! I always keep you in my heart and thoughts! Have a joyful and carefree time sweetie, sending you lot of love across the miles!!

Jane Savage said...

Wow so beautiful, the colours are glorious!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

niki1 said...

Beautiful card and great coloring !
Thank you for linking up at Double Trouble for the "Somewhere over the Rainbow" challenge
Good luck and best wishes!
Greetings from niki1(GDT for Double Trouble)

Jan Mahew said...

Wow! Karen your card sets my heart all a flutter... You dazzle me. ;-) Thank you for sharing your butterfly creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog CHallenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a beautiful and colourful card Kitty. I adore butterflies so this card was a winner from the start!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chandhini said...

Love the colorful butterfly background. So pretty.

Alyson Mayo said...

Kitty, this is so pretty - love the colour scheme. Nothing like butterflies to signal spring, right? Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Mrs A. said...

Always pleased to see you whether you use the card shape or not. Wow what a beauty this card is. I just love those butterfly beauties. thnakyou for coming and playing along in my challlenge. hugs Mrs A.

Linby said...

So many prettily coloured butterflies, it looks beautiful. Thanks for taking part in my challenge week at Allsorts challenge. Lynn x

LV Handcrafted said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck!! - Linh (DT)

Maria Valente said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Penny's Challenges. Love to see you join in again. Thank you.

Kellianne said...

What a darling card full of butterflies! So sweet and definitely magical. Thank you for playing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne H said...

Congrats on the top pick! This was a perfect image for the butterfly challenge. Your card reminded me to download it from Gecko Galz. I'd love to use it in the future.