Friday, October 30, 2020

Day 5 - 2020 Cat Lovers Hop (Tags)

Hello, everyone! Welcome to Day 5 of the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop! This is my final post for the hop, but it's not over yet! You still have tomorrow to link up your cat projects! This year I was happy to read the new guideline setting a limit of 5 projects for the week, and this is my fifth project. That gives me tomorrow to get caught up on visiting and commenting on all of the amazing and creative cat cards and projects! So... have you been hopping along with us? Are you enjoying yourself as much as I am? This hop is always the highlight of my crafting year!

All week I've been sharing some retro-style, cat-themed items that I've created for my journals.  For my final project, I'm sharing a set of three retro-style tags.  These cute kitties make me smile!

The background is made from old sheet-music paper, paint chips, and washi-tape.  Here are the other products used:
  • Clipart:  The Digital Chick on Etsy
  • Punches: Bira Sunlit Tag Shape, EK Success Butterfly, We R Memory Keepers Hole Reinforcer, Marvy Scalloped Oval
  • Other:  Dollarama washi tape, black eyelash trim
I would also like to support the following challenges:

CRAFT 574 Memories 1/2 (memories of my childhood storybooks)
https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/10/challenge-574-memories.html

https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2020/10/challenge-196.html

DL.ART October Linky AG UE 1/d
https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2020/10/revision-dlart-october-2020-linky.html

https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2020/10/wk-22-anything-goes-craft-cardmaking.html

https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2020/10/wk-44-anything-goes-craft-card-making.html

Show Us Your Pussycats 59 Furrything Goes UE
https://showusyourpussies.blogspot.com/2020/10/show-us-your-pussycats-challenge-59.html

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 3/5
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-78/

The Outlawz Colour Monochrome Blues (entering the middle tag only)
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/tuesday-color/forum/topics/colour-challenge-october-20-november-2

Wednesday's Creative Inspirations October AG UE
http://cinspirations.blogspot.com/2020/10/october-challenge-anything-goes.html

I hope you enjoyed all of my cat-themed projects this week!  Did you have a favourite?  

Thank you for looking at my tags!  Wishing you a joyful day, and happy hopping!

39 comments:

Vivian Foo said...

Love looking at them all.

Linda Simpson said...

Cute kitty on these sweet tags.
Hugs
Linda xxx

valscraftings said...

Love the kitties on your fab tags!

NanaConnie said...

Loving the black fibers you used on the tags, Kitty, and that black lace is fabulous! So good to see you on the Cat Lovers Hop again this year. :-D

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really cute once again Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Gina's Cards said...

Gorgeous designs and cute kittys. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Dina said...

These are adorable, and who wouldn't love a package with one of these tags tied to it?

Donna said...

Your tags are just adorable, sweet images and embellishing, is the black lacy part the washi tape? Really like it, adds an elegant look and goes so well with your ribbon.

Becca Yahrling said...

Your tags are all beautiful. Love all the fun trims you used with these wonderful, vintage images. Loved all your makes this week!! (And I for one was very sad to see a limit of only 5! lol But I can understand it. Maybe next year it will be a few more than 5. lol)

Cindy Holmes said...

I have truly enjoyed seeing all of your adorable creations all this week! Yours have been some of my ultimate favorites too!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ooohhh.. Kitty, these tags are just ADORABLE!!! How feminine with the black lacy washi tape and those eyelash trims!!Really lovable!!And the tiny butterflies are so pretty details! Very creative projects!!
Big hugs!!!

Suzanne H said...

The vintage images look so different with the black lace and eyelash trim. Love them this way too.

mandysea said...

The black on your tags make the kitties stand out more. They are adorable. I would have loved to have made more projects than 5 but to be honest, I was really glad it got capped at five, last year was so hard to comment and thoughtfully on them all. I agree, it was too much. Much more manageable this year (big smile) Happy hopping with Cat Lovers!

Lisa Lynn said...

Those tags are so precious. I think I have that washi tape too somewhere. Have a Happy Halloween!!!

Leslie said...

Visiting from the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop... your cat project is awesome!

Andrea W said...

So precious! I'm loving the sweet kitty images and the fringe ribbon is fun.

Margreet said...

adorable tags!
xxx Margreet

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

I love it. Tags - beautiful and cute cats.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those tags are so fun with the cute kitties.

Jane Willis said...

I've really enjoyed seeing all the great things you have made with these adorable images this week. Another gorgeous collection.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous tags Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hug Ginny
SUYP Cats Challenges.
My Blog As I do Rodos

Barbara Godden said...

Super tags, love those kitties and the tag design is great. lots of embillies on them the black eyelash yarn looks super on them.

Mary-Anne V said...

What cute love the different layering.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Adorable kitty cat tags, so fun!
Thanks for visiting LeighSBDesigns Inspiration blog!
Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
Leigh
www.LeighSBDesigns.com
www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh these tags are so sweet, Stay Safe, Happy Crafting, Hazel (Didos) x

Fikreta said...

These are so adorable tag my friend!
hugs

Crafting With Jack said...

I have loved looking at them, my favourite are the vellum pockets.

SHartl said...

I think that my favorite project was the notebooks, but only because I could use one in my bag. These tags are probably second favorite because they're so darn cute!

Catnip and kitty whiskers said...

You knocked it out of the park with these too! Awesome tags Kitty! Simply adorable! You need to give me some of your creativity! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Karenladd said...

I loved all of your projects of course, but I think these might be my very favorite. I am always big on recyling and upcycling, and these tags are a perfect example of creative re-use. The paint chips make wonderful tag backgrounds, and the old sheet music would be proud to claim a spot on these cuties. I also really like the addition of punches, washi tape (yay!) and even some eyelash fiber. I have all of those in my stash (even the paint chip samples) and am feeling inspired to pull them out soon. So happy to see your projects in the hop Kitty!

cotnob said...

Lovely tags, cute kittens and pretty lace details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

terrie said...

Kitty, I loved looking at your 5 days of retro kitties of tags, paper clip and paper pad holder...well done and thanks for sharing them on your blog.

I'm doing fine and mending slowly, I had surgery and getting stronger each day...just need to get my card making mojo in gear...

Happy crafting my friend...

Sheryl said...

Oh I'm in cat lover heaven. Absolutely gorgeous tags.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Tina Z. said...

I love tags, they are super cute!

KandA said...

You have been busy with all your 'Cat Lovers' makes over the past few days. Such fabulous creations and adorable kitty image xx

Roberta Stevenson said...

Adorable tags! I've had fun seeing all of your amazing creations on this hop. Thanks for playing along.

Sue D said...

Love these cute kitty tags.

Carole J said...

Beautiful, Karen! The addition of the black lace gives these sweet kitties a whole new look. All three tags are so pretty. It has been lovely visiting your blog once more. xx

Janis said...

Wow, Kitty!! These tags are just amazing. What clever and creative ways of using upcycled materials like sheet music and paint chips!! The eyelash fiber for these tags just makes them spectacular. I have thoroughly enjoyed your vintage kitty images and all the projects you made this week.
Thank you so much for joining in the purry, furry fun at the #2020CatLoversHop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com