Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Happy Meow-oween!

Hello, everyone!  I would like to extend a warm welcome to my newest follower - Crafty Pearly - thank you for joining me!  And welcome to a new Bloglovin' follower - Tina Rathbone!  Nice to have you here!

Today I am joining Darnell's NBUS challenge!  It's her fifth challenge, and I haven't missed one yet! If you haven't heard about this fun challenge, please head over to djkardkreations and read all about it! Darnell has lined up some awesome sponsors!


I've used two NBUS items on today's card.  First of all, I was the lucky winner of last month's challenge over at Gecko Galz and won a fun shopping spree in their store.  One of the items I chose for my prize was the Halloween Night Digital Collage Set which contains this adorable retro cat in a pumpkin image that I used on today's card.  I fussy-cut and popped it up with foam tape.


If you'd like to win a whopping $25 shopping spree at Gecko Galz, head over and join their challenges! This month the theme is Tricks and Treats and I'm joining in myself with this card!  They have so many gorgeous vintage and retro images in their shop and they offer a freebie collage sheet with their newsletter every month (sign-up on their left-hand sidebar).  Thank you, Gecko Galz, for the awesome prize!


My second NBUS item is the Tim Holtz Sizzix Halloween Words embossing folder. I've had this for over a year and this is the first time I've used it!  I embossed just the bottom angled panel - I was inspired by my friend Debi B at That Might Look Good on a Card and decided to CASE her cute cards.  Thank you for the inspiration, Debi!


The sentiment is a clear stamp from Newton's Nook Designs - Newton's Perfect Pumpkin. The patterned paper is from Doodlebug Ghouls and Goodies, and I added three sequins, mounted on orange cardstock and then onto a white card base.

I would also like to join these three challenges:
  1. Crafty Gals Corner Embossing 2/2
  2. Great Impressions Trick or Tree-t 1/3 (TOP 3)
  3. Send a Smile 4 Kids Cute Fall or Halloween 4 Kids 2/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


34 comments:

KandA said...

Fabulous card Kitty. Super design and fun image xx

New Creations said...

Cute and different image,love that embossing folder, great creation always!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Kitty. You are so clever incorporating a Cat in most of your designs.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Debi said...

Adorable kitty. Love the card! Isn't this a great easy design? I'm so flattered that you CASE'd one of my cards. Hugs, Debi

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely contrast the embossing looks with your image...beautiful
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Pia S said...

I've never fully realized how many cute, cool and fun cat images there are out there! This card goes into the category of cute Halloween cards, I think the clean layout looks great with the pop of orange from the diagonal strip of paper.

Becca Cruger said...

Well this is just stinkin' adorable and this stamp set was practically made for you! Super cute!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, such a fun image and great design.
Pauline
x

Kuni said...

A gorgeous card Kitty, beautiful and sweet image.
Hugs
Kuni

Taunya Butler said...

This card is PERFECT!!! Love that cute image with the kitty in the pumpkin and the sentiment is just such a wonderful match for this image!! And the texture that you added with that embossed background and the interest with the slanted paper - just make this card SHINE!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats for you won, Kitty!! You well deserved it! :D This cute kitty in the pumpkin is cute and perfect for a halloween card! Love so much the design, with the embossed angled panel and the diagonal dp strip so bright, they matches very well!! And the kitty in the pumpikin seems pop-out from the card!! Eeeekkk!! :D :D :D

Monika Reeck said...

another great design Kitty
lovely Image love the embossing in white there
and lovely used all the orange
another awesome design Kitty...
Happy I am finished catch up yaayy..
hope you still like to visiting me my sweet friend
always happy read your encouragement
hugs, Monika

Carol L said...

You have some of the cutest kitty images, and who'd ever imagine one being inside of a pumpkin? Cute stuff for Meow-o-ween!!

Lisa said...

So adorable!! I love the embossing and the fun kitty in the pumpkin!! This is fabulous my friend!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

UTs Hobby Time said...

Gorgeous creation Kitty. The Kitty in the pumpkin looks super cute.

Kylie said...

Great design. I love the split paper with the embossing. The pumpkin is cute! Thanks so much for joining in over at Darnell's using your NBUS. Good luck. Kylie - Happy Little Stampers xx

Mynn xx said...

Aw, she's TOTALLY darling! I LOVE the fabulous image and fun dry embossing folder--it's perfect! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Kath said...

A great card - I love the cute image.
Kath x

Barb said...

Wow a Halloween kitty! Well done on your win. It's a great card Kitty. Barbxx

Donna said...

This is absolutely adorable, sweet image and like how you used the Washi tape!!!

jimlynn said...

There's that wonderful design again! Cute, cute, and fun card Kitty.
Lynn

Lisa Mensing said...

Spooktacular! Yes, I went there. LOL I love the vintage pumpkin you used with that embossing. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner. Lisa DT

Helen F. said...

Oh what a cute card. Love the Old Tyme pumpkin and the slant of PP with theTH embossing Folder panel under!

Julia Aston said...

A sweet Halloween card! love the vintage image!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Super cute card! Love the image you chose for it! :)

Unknown said...

Adorable kitty and a great card for halloween! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

marion said...

love it, it is wonderfull, lots of hugs and love and cuddles to your furbabys, Marion

JD/ Jill said...

Congratulations on your win. This card (and image) is just adorable!

Beverley said...

Cute Halloween kitty :) great to see you having fun with the NBUS challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great card! Love the vintage pumpkin kitty.

Darnell said...

Your design is fabulous, Kitty! I love the sweet image, of course, but I also love the bg Halloween embossing folder and the swath of pp with the sediment above! That layout would work in lots of ways!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 and for never missing one of them!! Hugs, Darnell

OH Babs said...

Very cute Halloween card. The TH ef is great.

Jenelle said...

Oh, this is so adorable! I love the kitty peeking out of the pumpkin!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Super cute card! I love the design!