Sunday, June 17, 2018

Java Great Day

Hi, everybody!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome two new followers - deb r  and scrapdc - thank you for joining me!  (To scrapdc, please leave a link to your blog in the comments and I will hop over and follow you too!)

Today I'm sharing a coffee-themed card. I think this will be suitable for a man; do you agree?


Digital imageSTAMPlorations Latte for Two (this was a freebie at one point; thank you, Shery!)
DiesSTAMPlorations Java Great Day Phrase Die - CUTplorationsSTAMPlorations Bloomtangled 1 Cover Plate - CUTplorations (used as embossing folder)
Patterned paper:  Wilson and MacLagan

The original digital image contains a pair of cups but I wanted just one cup, so I did some fussy-cutting after enlarging the image and paper-piecing with patterned paper.  I dry-embossed the kraft panel using a die (STAMPlorations Bloomtangled 1 Cover Plate - CUTplorations) for some added texture.

Once again I am joining the celebration over at STAMPlorations for their fifth anniversary!  Shery and her team are having a big party this month, and you won't want to miss it!


The STAMPlorations birthday challenge is to CASE the STAMPgirls.  I decided to CASE STAMPgirl Vicki's card - I fell in love with the large coffee cup and die-cut sentiment!


Also linking up to the STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge!



I would also like to support the following challenges: Cards in Envy Let's Hear it for the Boys 2/3;  Crafting by Designs Paper Piecing 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper June UE; Creative Fingers AG 1/3; Creative Moments AG No Twist 2/3; Digi Stamps 4 Joy AG For the Men in Your Life 1/3; Get Creative Monochromatic 2/3; Die-Cuttin Diva's Masculine or Father's Day 2/3; Kitty Bee Designs Masculine Cards 2/2; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 1/3; Pammie's Inky Pinkies AG 2/3; Penny's Paper-crafty AG 2/3; Three Amigos Blog Hop Machine Die-Cutting (Cuttlebug) UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

26 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello there! I hope I can inspire you to make something today! Thank you for leaving a comment - I appreciate all of them!

Donna Ellis said...

What fantastic use of the dotted paper! Kitty, I love this coffee card with the warm colors and textures. It reminds me of my mom - all the warm fuzzies associated with her. Beautifully done! xx

Fikreta said...

so great card!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Very cool with the paper piecing - love it!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another beautiful masculine card, my friend! Love the coffee theme and your paper-piecing that matches so well with the embossed background! Well done, masculine cards are always difficult to do, ad this one is just perfect! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sherri Thacker said...

This is the perfect masculine card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

Linda Mc Enery said...

How perfect for a coffee lover! Super image and lovely papers. I love that embossed background! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!
Linda

Lisa said...

It's so fabulous!! I love the embossing and the spotted cup!! It's so beautiful, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is so cute. Love the way you pieced the coffee cup. Great job and love the papers you chose. Yep this would be a great guy card. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Scrapper69 said...

Very cool card! I do like the embossed background and the coffee cup! The colors are perfect for a Guy or Gal! :)

Theresa

wendipooh13 said...

ahhh I'm always a sucker for a good coffee card!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

Barbara Godden said...

Perfect masculine card. Great case too, fantastic job on it.

L.B. said...

Thank for joining in our challenge at DCD this week. Great card

Annie S. said...

A great guy card for our challenge! Love the sentiment and embossed background! Thanks for sharing over at Cards in Envy!

Margaret said...

What a great design and so suitable for every coffee lover. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
Hugs
Margaret

Donna said...

Fantastic card from your textured background to the paper piecing, great for a guy or gal!

Desire Fourie said...

Kitty this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES with an optional twist of FOR THE MEN in our life challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lisa Lynn said...

Great coffee card.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Get Creative, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lisa said...

Well, you know I love this! Great surgery on your image and love the paper piecing! Happy you linked it up to Three Amigos!

Marjeta said...

Great card. Almost smell coffee. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments.

Laura's Craft Closet said...

I like how you used the die as an embossing folder! Looks great!

MariLynn said...

Great CASE of Vicki. Love how the background looks like tooled leather. Thanks for helping STAMPlorations celebrate 5 years.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent CASE! I love polka dots and on a cup - swoon. Thanks for CASEing me!

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful pierced coffee card. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hello Kitty sweetie...So glad you joined us in this challenge. Love to see your creation. My apology for taking so long to comment on this. All suddenly life became chaotic by mid year {my eldest going to college and lots of prep and paper work to help out, family gathering at my mom's place down south, few weeks away from home plus travels and not best part is my laptop crashed after moments of slowing down on me that I had to use my tab which was a struggle many times. Anyway, my husband gifted me a new laptop on my birthday recently. I'm so grateful to him and feel blessed. So that was the reasons of my silence from blog land. But nevertheless I'm so excited to communicate with you now. Have a good day Kitty and I hope to see more of your gorgeous creations in the upcoming challenges this October. Happy creating!
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}