Saturday, June 23, 2018

Java Great Day 2

Hello, everyone!  I'm back again today with another card!  I had lots of Distress Oxides left on my craft mat after making the card I posted earlier today so I decided to make a background and then kept going to make a coffee-themed card!


Digital stamp:  STAMPlorations Latte for Two (this was a freebie at one point; thank you, Shery!)
Die:  STAMPlorations Java Great Day Phrase Die - CUTplorations
Distress Oxides: Abandoned Coral, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo
Other:  Twine from American Crafts, clear ring sequins from my stash

The original digital image contains a pair of cups but I wanted just one cup, so I did some fussy-cutting and paper-piecing with my scraps.

Again I'm joining the STAMPlorations 5th birthday celebration! There is so much incredible inspiration over there that I can't help myself! Have you checked it out yet? Prepare to be inspired!


The STAMPlorations birthday challenge is to CASE the STAMPgirls. I was inspired by STAMPgirl Shirley.  I love her inky background and overall card design.


My colours were inspired by the challenge at Double Trouble and Color My Heart Color Dare 297, which are nutmeg, glacier, and sorbet. I tried to match my colours as closely as possible. Double Trouble also wanted to see stringed things (I used twine) and asked that we join the Color Dare challenge (done!).


I would also like to support the following challenges: Allsorts Sweet Treats 1/3; Cardz TV AG 3/3; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Jo's Scrap Shack AG 3/3; Mod Squad Coffee, Tea and Summer (add MSC) 1/3; Simon Says Stamp Bright and Cheerful 5/5; The Outlawz Twisted Thursday TT062118 AG Twist Paper Piecing 1/2

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

24 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's great that you don't waste the inks left on your craft mat, these colours blends so well together!! fabulous background for this lovely coffee cup! Your paper piecing looks delicious!
Big hugs my friend, have a fabulous weekend! :)

New Creations said...

Great use of scrap background, so perfect with Java cup, love it!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, such a lovely background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa said...

What a wonderful use of the left-over ink!! I probably would have just wiped it up...you are so creative to use it to make another card!! And it's so beautiful!! I love the design!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

This is stunning, good thing you used used your leftover inks, they made an amazing background and you created a beautiful card with it!

Liz said...

Super background, Kitty and a great use of the left over ink. Lovely card.

Thanks for leaving the tip on my blog for identifying new followers. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful coloring on your wonderful coffee themed card.

Kathleen said...

A super image and background. Thank you for joining our 'Sweet Treats' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

So glad you joined us again, and your first card was such a good match with the colors it deserved a second entry...and loving your background which looks yummy even with the coffee stains. Thanks again for sharing with DOUBLE TROUBLE and Color Dare.

Scrapper69 said...

Cool card. Love the background!!

Theresa

DIANA L. said...

Waste not want not a super card from your leftover ink- I know that feeling.
Have a great day.

papercraftingprincess said...

No one would know your card was from leftovers it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing at the Color My Heart Color Dare & Double Trouble.

scraphappyAnnie said...

Fabulous card! Love your background. Thank you joining us for the MOD Squad Challenge.

Annie - MOD Squad Design Team member

brenda said...

A super inky background Kitty, many thanks for joining in our 'Sweet Treats' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Barbara Godden said...

Super background, I need to buy a second mat for the lake or remember to tote it back and forth. Great card, love those oxides. great take on the card you picked to case.

Liz said...

Popped back to say congratulations on your win over on the Buttons for Brains blog. 😀 xx

Alyson Mayo said...

A great use of the mix of colours for the Colour Dare challenge. Thanks for sharing your coffee card with us :)

Melanie R said...

What a clever thing to do, Kitty. The background is perfect for your coffee card! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #3.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Kitty! The background you've created looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

foleysfriend said...

Love the background - very coffee-like. Great job of CASEing Shirley's card. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations' 5th birthday celebration.

sue

MariLynn said...

That background is beyond amazing. I love the colors you used. Thanks for helping STAMPlorations celebrate 5 years.

Fikreta said...

so great card!
hugs

shirley-bee said...

Love your mop-up background, and the colours are perfect for your coffee theme! Thanks so much for joining in with STAMPlorations' 5th birthday celebrations, and I’m so glad to have inspired you!

Cat Nowak said...

Love your background for this one too!! It works great with the cup of java. Thank you for joining us again at Color Dare.