Saturday, June 2, 2018

Butterfly Thank You

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a butterfly thank-you card I made to help celebrate Mrs. A's 100th Butterfly Challenge!  The theme is Spin the Butterfly Wheel with the Letter H (see butterfly wheel below). You still have a few days to join so please go check it out!

I was impressed and inspired by my friend Terrie, who used all 7 elements of the wheel on her card.  I wanted to see if I could do it too - and I did!


Here are the supplies used:
  • Dies: Gina Marie Stitched Hexagons, Memory Box Lunette Butterfly and Oriel Butterfly, unknown heart banner
  • Stamp: Pretty Pink Posh Thoughtful Greetings
  • Ink:  Versamark, various Ranger Alcohol Inks
  • Other:  The Artful Stamper gold embossing powder, black gems

I die-cut the stitched hexagons from some alcohol ink panels I created a while back and adhered them to a black card base.  I die-cut the butterflies and heart banners from gold-foil posterboard and gold-glitter cardstock and adhered.  I heat-embossed the sentiment in gold on vellum, fussy-cut, and adhered. I finished off my card with two black gems on the butterfly.



I would also like to support the following challenges:  Cuttlebug Mania Birds or Butterflies 1/3; DL.ART June AG Linky 1/d; DL.ART Thankful Thursday Graduation Alternate Thank You 1/5; Jo's Scrap Shack FFC 236 AG 3/3; The Outlawz Twisted Thursday TT053118AG 2/2; Tuesday Throwdown Create Your Own Background 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

24 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for looking at my card! I hope I can inspire you to create something today! Have fun!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So colourful & gorgeous Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Lisa said...

Wow!! This is so stunning!! The hexagons look so amazing!! I love the beautiful colors!! They just pop against the black background!! The butterfly is such a perfect touch!! Gorgeous card, my friend!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh wow!!! Your card is stunning! The color combination is beautiful and I Love The butterflies and hearts! It's just so pretty!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Theresa

Andrea W said...

Such a cool card! I love the colours with the gold butterfly and accents.

terrie said...

I love your card...you did a fantastic job getting all of the elements on one card....for me that is one heck of a challenge so glad that you did it my friend......hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful with those colors.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kitty, I love your brightly coloured hexagons and pretty butterfly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful Kitty. Well done on using all the elements from the wheel, very clever - Michelle x

Donna said...

How stunning, like how you used all 7 elements-so fun! Have a fabulous weekend!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Kitty, you used all the seven elements of the Wheel! Well done!!! Love the alcohol ink hexagons and the gorgeous butterfly! Tat strip of heart looks so sweet, such lovely touch!

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic card, KT! I applaud that you were able to beautifully utilize all the options on the wheel! Well done. Thinking of you both as the June appt approaches. Hugs, de

Lisa Lynn said...

Kitty, this is a beautiful thank you card. Love all those hearts.

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card!
hugs

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, awesome that you would use so many elements of the wheel, it looks like a fun challenge.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is awesome! Love your colorful hexagons! - Btw. thank for letting me know about my wrong links. So glad you pointed this out!

Terri Winske said...

Wow! What a beautiful card....so colorful and pretty! You did an amazing job with all the elements! Thanks very much for joining our create your own background challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week.....it's always great to see your work!

Mrs A. said...

Well done on managing all seven elements on the wheel. Your card is so colourful and vibrant. Love the chain of hearts and that gorgeous butterfly. Thankyou for joining in my celebration challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh, this is lovely! those hexagons are so cool! :) I really like the touches of gold, too.

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty Karen, I love the hexagons with the colors and the butterfly adds the finishing touch. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JUNE 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

scrappymo! said...

I love the way you managed to get all three elements into this card. Well done you. Great butterfly card and perfect for the challenge over at Mrs. A's.

katieo said...

Beautiful Thank You card. I love the butterfly on the hexagons and the chain of hearts. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

Patti said...

What a sweet challenge Kitty and your take on it is delightful!! I hope you are enjoying a pleasant summer so far!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Gail said...

Great background! Lovely Fit Kitty!