Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Warm Winter Comforts (Unity Stamp)

Hello, everyone!  I'm back again today to share a card I made for the Unity Stamp Company's [be INSPIRED] colour challenge.  It ends today so I am cutting it close! This is the first time I've played over there and they have an awesome prize! And the winner even gets to hop with the DT for the next [be INSPIRED] challenge! How fun - I would love to do  this!

For my card I used Unity's Itty Bitty Warm Winter Comforts set, which comes with the little snowman scene and sentiment. I coloured the image with my Prismacolor pencils and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  I added white Flower Soft on the snowman's cap and Icicle Stickles along the snow.


Although I have a Polaroid die cut, I didn't use it here - I made my own!  Then I tried to be trendy by adding the gold thread behind the Polaroid.  The dp is from Lawn Fawn's new Snow Day 6x6 pad (which I won in a blog giveaway, thank you!) and I added stitching along the sides.


I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and added a few sequins so I could play along in the sequin challenge at My Craft Spot. Here's the Unity Challenge colour palette I followed:



I would like to enter the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Snow UE
My Craft Spot Sequins 1E C5
Open Minded Crafting Fun Fowl of All Kinds 2/3
RANDOM WINNER Winter Wonderland Frosty the Snowman 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


P.S. I'm celebrating 200 followers with candy!  Help me celebrate! My candy is here.

christmasblog

22 comments:

jimlynn said...

Super cute! I like the idea of adding flower soft to the hat too. Very pretty paper and the sequins are FUN!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

so cute card.
very nice

Lisa said...

Oh, this is so sweet!! What an absolutely adorable image!! I love how you colored him (or her)!! It just makes me smile!! Awesome card my friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

scrappymo! said...

Very cute.and I love the gold thread casually twined round behind the image.
I have not tried that yet but love the look!

Becca Cruger said...

Adorable! Love that dp and the jute you used behind the image.

Donna said...

Awesome card, great coloring and like the visual effect of the gold thread, sequins and stitching, really makes it shine!

cotnob said...

This is an adorable card. such a cute snowman and fabulous design.
Pauline
x

terrie said...

Adorable image and you used well on your card
Well done Kitty

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hello dear Kitty: thanks for the warm thoughts...day by day better! functioning more normal but always missing her!
I like the idea of the polaroid and the thread behind... nice touch!
bibiana

New Creations said...

Absolutely a gorgeous creation. Love the DP and a charming image and love you made your own polaroid and embellish with a golden thread and few sequins!!

Unknown said...

AWE Kitty this is just too cute, love the pastel colours against the green background, hugs my dear friend xxx

marion said...

lovely xmas card,hugs, Marion

Theresa said...

OMGOSH!!! This card is too cute!!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Debi said...

Love the gold thread. Great card.

Patti said...

Awwww! sweet image and I am really loving your color combo!!

Patti

Karen said...

Aww, I love every precious inch of this! :o) The image is darling and I just want to hug her! I love the addition of Flower Soft.. one of my favorite things! The paper is so pretty and I love the sprinkling of sequins! Thank you for sharing your whimsically delightful card with us at My Craft Spot!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!! Love the colors you have used!! Love your inking too! Gorgeous creation!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov. 22nd)
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Marybeth said...

Adorabe creative polaroid! Love that little snowman, with his puffy hat and the thin gold twine.....darling card Kitty!

Kate said...

What a sweet, sweet card! Your image is adorable and I love the look of the Flower Soft on the little toque. Fabulous!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Crafting Vicky said...

That is very cute! Love the addition of the date to make this look like a real picture!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Unknown said...

What a sweet card! I love the image, it's super cute! And the strong green as the main colour of this card is a real eye-catcher. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT