Monday, November 10, 2014

Butterfly Thanks (IO Dies)

Hi, everyone!  Today I've made a thank-you card.  I've done something a little different for me - this one features no stamping or colouring, just dies.  I wanted to play along in IO Blog's Thanksgiving Wishes challenge.


I used my IO Butterfly Dies DIE008-I and IO Greeting Set DIE174-W and decided I liked the look of the negative.  The dark dp is from MME and the pink kraft is from Colorbok. I wanted to play around with my new Zutter Distrezz-it-All that I got for my birthday (thank you, Brian, I love it!) so I distressed the edges of the dp.  I really like the look!  I did some selective embossing of the panel with my Sizzix Honeycomb and added some baker's twine, gems, and a butterfly charm from my stash.

I would like to support the following challenges:

IO Blog Thanksgiving Wishes UE C5
Craft your Passion Something Beginning with B - Butterflies 1/3
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper AG with Patterned Paper UE
Dies R Us Thankful 3/3
Inspiration Destination AG UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


P.S. I'm celebrating 200 followers with candy!  Help me celebrate! My candy is here.







16 comments:

Darlene said...

Isn't it great that we can typically use BOTH positive & negative sides of our dies! LOVE that!! Your card is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘THANKFUL’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Donna said...

Love the negative die look and yhe bonus of the die for another project, great card! Have a good week, Donna

jimlynn said...

Love the negative use of the dies and those butterflies are so pretty. The distressing looks fabulous on here too!
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

The distressing around the edges is great! And I like how you only dry embossed in certain places.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of negative scraps, stunning and original card!

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, I love your butterflies with the embossed honeycomb background and the distressed edges look fabulous.
Pauline
x

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love the negative cut of the butterflies and the embossed panel!! The distressed edges are so fabulous!! What a beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card

marion said...

love the structure in the white on this one, it adds perfectly to the cute little butterflies, lots of hugs to you and cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy

Michelle said...

Lovely card with great papers.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a pretty creation Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jenny Alia said...

Love the butterflies in brown. Very cool! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us this challenge. Hope to see you again soon! -Jenny, DRU DT

Tanvi said...

Love how you used the negatives & the partial embossing is great. So glad you shared with us at Craft Your Passion#239. Good luck!

Jeanne Streiff said...

Oooh love the cut out butterflies! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession Challenge!

Greta said...

What a neat card!