Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Snowboard Fluffles (Stampendous stamp)

Hello, everyone!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome 5 lovely new followers - priyanka thukralCentellazul, Dangina Martinez, Teresa Arsenault, and Sarah George - so happy you joined me!

I found a fun new place to play (thanks to Becca - I read about it on her blog!).  It's a new challenge blog called Retro Rubber and they would like us to Use Your Oldest Stamp.  Ever since I discovered digital stamps, I hardly ever use my old rubber stamps any more, so I was excited about this challenge!

I can't actually remember my first rubber stamp, but I'm sure it was a cat!  I know I fell in love with Fluffles the Cat when I first started stamping, and it was the beginning of my Fluffles collection, which I still have (but unfortunately hardly ever use).  I don't think there have been any new Fluffles stamps for years - at least I haven't seen any.  So I dusted off one of my oldest wood-mount stamps called Snowboard Fluffles and made another holiday card.


I also wanted to join in over at Colette's Cosmic Colours Challenge so I followed her colour palette:

Cosmic Strawberry
Cosmic Colours Challenge 7
I coloured Fluffles with my Prismacolor pencils, fussy-cut, and popped him up with pop dots. For the snowy hills I used my Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. These were leftovers from a previous project so they were just waiting to be used! To create the background, I heat-embossed the snowflake cluster in white on the blue panel.  Sorry I don't know the source of the snowflakes but it is also an older rubber stamp but I purchased it as a cling-mount and no longer have the package.  The sentiment stamp is from Unity Stamps; it's also rubber but it's not very old because I just won it a couple months ago.

Retro Rubber also wants to know how/why I got into stamping.  A friend asked me to do some stamping with her back in 2005 - we made Christmas tags and also stamped on newsprint to make Christmas wrap!  I had a lot of fun!  A few months later I took some card-making courses given by the recreation department in a nearby town - I was hooked!

I would like to support the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create AG make a RAK Gift 3/3
A Creative Romance Winter Warmers (hat/scarf) 3/3
Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards UE
Bunny Zoe's Snow UE
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round No Patterned Paper UE
Clear it Out Theme Gearing up for Winter / Stash Use 3 of Something (3 snowy hills dies) 1/3
Completely Christmas AG Use Some Blue UE
Cosmic Colours Challenge 7
CRAFT Winter 5/5
Crafting by Designs November AG UE
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Keep it Flat UE
Crimbo Crackers Clean and Simple UE
Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Days of Christmas Cards Link-up UE
DL.ART November AG UE 1/day
Eureka Stamps 4 Legged Friends 1/3
Fashionable Stamping Animals 3/3
Jingle Belles The Great Outdoors UE
TOP PICK Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Sports/Encouragement 1/2
Let's Craft and Create Animal Antics UE
Loves Rubberstamps Cool Colours UE
Melonheadz Friends Add a Sentiment 1/2
Milk Coffee Hand Color Image 2/3
My Craft Creations AG UE
Natalie and Amy's Stitch It (see stitched hillside borders) 3/3
One Crazy Stamper AG No Digis 5/5
Papertake Weekly 2 or 4 Legs 1/5
Party Time Tuesdays AG 1/3
Pile it On Special Occasion (Christmas) UE
Pixie's Snippet Playground The snow hills die cuts were leftovers from a previous project and I used snippets for stamping Fluffles 3/3
QKR Stampede Let's Talk Christmas 3/3
Retro Rubber Use Your Oldest Stamp UE
TOP 3 Robyn's Fetish Cats 1/3
ShowCASe Your Style Tic Tac Toe (I chose white, emboss, die cut, sentiment) UE
Sparkle N Sprinkle AG using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, or Flocking (used embossing powder) UE
STAMPlorations Stamps and Layers 1/3
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' AG Make It Male (for my nephew) UE
WINNER The Cheerful Stamp Pad Here Kitty Kitty 1/2
The Crazy Challenge Your Favourite Technique (colouring with Prismacolor pencils) 1/4
The Cutie Pie Festive Furry Friends 1/3
TTCRD AG 1/2
Whoopsi Daisy Lots of Layers UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!



P.S. I'm celebrating 200 followers with candy!  Help me celebrate! My candy is here.

Kitty Bee Designs

Top Pick
Take my Badge

72 comments:

jimlynn said...

LOL! This is just way too cute! Love the snowy background and the "hills" of snow! Flufflies is beyond cute! I also love those stamps but haven't seen any in so long. I only have one and cherish it! CUTE, cute, card!
Lynn

Donna said...

Cute card, love the hills and stitching!

New Creations said...

A cute CAS card! love that fluffy cat with a glittery cap and skating board jumping from the snowy hills! And the BG is very gorgeous!!!

Bad Kitty said...

lovely card
I like the snowboarding kitty

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love the snowboarding kitty amongst the snow drifts. The snowflakes are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at our first Retro Rubber challenge! Hope you will be back often.

Unknown said...

How adorable!! I love how you made the slopes!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Becca Cruger said...

This. Card. Is. ADORABLE!!! No wonder you love fluffles so much! Thanks for the little call-out ;) you're sweet! I'm glad you had fun revisiting some old favorites.

fiction book reviews said...

Awww such an adorable stamp, I am the same - i never use my rubber stamps - I must try and dig some out. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

fiction book reviews said...

Back again with another DT hat on ... Im trying to think of my first rubber stamp now - probably a butterfly or a flower. Thank you for joining this week at QKR Stampede Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

Katie Skiff said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!! This is very cute, I love your lil kitty image!!

marion said...

Love the colour combo and the card, I had to smile about the image, sending you lots of hugs and love,xoxo, Marion PS I will mail you soon xoxo and cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Moppie and Droppie are sending their love to you all

Manuela said...

Haha, what a great card! The cat is too cute! I like the colour-combo you've used! Absolutely gorgeous :) Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life! Love, Manuela

Basslady said...

a very lovely card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

 

Hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The snowboarding kitty is so cute!! I love the stitched hills!! What a fun card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa xx said...

Great card, what a fun image!

Thank you for joining in with the cuties xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very cute card and stamp!!

StampNScrapJunkie said...

What a super fun kitty image! The card made me go brrrrrr! lol Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, I love your adorable image and pretty snowflake background.
Pauline
x

Sherri said...

Love your adorable snowboarding cat! What a cute Christmas card he makes! Thanks so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

Dee said...

Super cute card! I love Fluffles! Have quite a few in my stamp collection. I should dig them out and play with them more often. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely comment.

terrie said...

What a cute and super fun card...I love your kitty snowboarding and having a blast.
You did a great job on your card...good luck in your challenges

Unknown said...

I love this color pallet and the card you created is simply adorable!! Nicely done:) Thank you for sharing and thank you for participating in our weekly challenge.
Cindy - Iammorethanamother.blogspot.com and DT Member for TTCRD

Patti said...

Such a sweet card! I really love your snowy hills!! Beautiful dies. Super cute image too : )

Patti

Andrea W said...

Awesome card Kitty! The design works perfectly with your Fluffles stamp.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

it makes me smile...this challenge sounds fun and now I realized how many there are!!! OMG, there so many challenges!!! Thanks for participating to mine!
and lovely card too. hugs bibiana

Beccy said...

Fluffles may be old, but he's still a cutie! Great card Kitty, fabulous colours and I love all those wonderful snowflakes.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jane Knudsen said...

Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber challenge! I think your card is adorable - the cat is awesome! Makes me smile!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on 200 followers, Kitty! I loved hearing about how you started your stamping journey and I think your Fluffles card is adorable! It's awesome how you have made such a modern card with your vintage stamp!! And thanks for the info on the new challenge, oh Challenge Queen!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Fantastic card my friend, Congratulations on your 200 followers, I remember posting for your 50 followers, you have come such a long way since then, love and hugs xxx

Leanne said...

Adorable card!! That is a fun card and I loved your post. I can't remember what my first stamp was either but I know it's got to be from Stampin' Up. Like you I hardly use them anymore, it's a shame since I spent a lot of money on them. hahaha! Oh the life of a stamper. hehehe Congrats on your 200+ followers.
Mahalo for joining our Aloha Friday Challenge (#36) at Kitty Bee Designs, this is perfect!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and pretty Kitty. I am probably selling my first stamps on E bay at the moment. Lol!!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Colette said...

Great card Kitty. I have a couple of Fluffles stamps, he's adorable. Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month :o) xxx

Claire Grantham said...

Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Kitty - I love this particular Fluffles stamp - I bet my kitties would love the snow :) Cx

Natalie said...

very cute card, Kitty. :)
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Michele Cunningham said...

This card just makes me smile. Too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at eurekastamps.blogspot.com/

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Kati said...

Rubber stamps - this is an old love... it is always somewhere here :) I like your snow card and this funny cat.Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Kat

Fabiola said...

adorable et si fun carte Kitty, je suis fan de ce chat, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

Furrbster said...

I think my first stamp was a 'Cross Stitched by...' lol. Or it could have been a cat led on a book with 'This book belongs to...'. Not really the sort for making cards out of lol. Your card is gorgeous with the little kitty. And what a lot of challenges too!!
Hugz Tinz

Lynn's Place said...

Those snowy hills are cute ...tfs...and joining us @ CIO challenge blog...hope you stop by to play with us again <((><

jonim52 said...

Love the snow drifts, very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Anonymous said...

Adorable stamp set! I can see how he got his name... he's just one big puff ball! Your card is just as cute. I'm so glad you found us at Retro Rubber! We hope you will enjoy us for each new challenge.

Heather said...

This is super cute!! I't funny how the rubber stamps seem to take a backseat these days. I don't really like digital images much, but I love clear stamps and use them all the time while my poor rubber stamps just collect dust. Maybe I should take a look at that challenge. : ) Anyway, love the little scene you created and the embossed background. Thanks for playing with CSAYL and CHNCC2.

Judy McKay said...

Very cute. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Di said...

Great snippets card Kitty! I really love the sound of the new challenge as well. Once I get time I'll try to join in!

Hugs

Di xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 99, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon - thank you also for entering this forboth of my CHNC challenges x

Anonymous said...

Wow your card is awesome! The kitty is great and your colourations skills are awesome!
Thanks for sharing your talent at challenge up your life! Good look to you!
Jessa

SmilynStef said...

Love the beautiful blues ... so glad you joined us in the great outdoors at Jingle Belles.

Lia said...

so fun! love it

you should join the LiaStampz challenge with it too, it's anything goes

http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2014/11/challenge-77-anything-goes.html

xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and great embossed background you created-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue create
Carol DT x

Unknown said...

Very cute, thanks for joining us at Eureka.

Anonymous said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

Teighan DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet Christmas card!! Love your cheery bright colors and the snowdrifts created with the border dies! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD!!

Christine Traversa said...

gorgeous

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful, I love the blue snowflake background and that image is so cute. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Shanna Shands said...

Adorable card. Thanks so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Nance said...

Very cute card! Love the image and those snow drifts! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Nance, DT

Cvetelina Borisova said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week,good luck!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!!. Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

lauren bergold said...

that snowboard kitteh is just soooooooo cute and so totally FAB! what a terrific holiday card design! so pleased you could join our fun in "the great outdoors" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

BethieJ said...

Your card is DARLING!!!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!!!
Hope you will join us again!
Have a GREAT day!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute card - amazing list of challenges - Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

Anne Temple said...

This is as cute as can be. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

cuilliesocks said...

Super card, love the image and the fabulous embossed background.
Thanks for joining in the CCAYR challenge and good luck, Kate x

Zella said...

Hi Kitty!! So cute - absolutely love your card!!!! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge!
Blessings,
Zella

Gem x said...

Great card, I love the cat cool, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

Laura W said...

Cute card. We had tons of snow here over the weekend and my son went snowboarding for the first time. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends, see you Monday for a new challenge!

E. Marie said...

Love this wintery card with all the snow layers. Thank you for sharing in the Sparkle N Sprinkle November Creative Challenge.

Vicki Romaine said...

I am not sure my comment posted. You are the winner at The Cheerful Stamp Pad. Please send me your full name to me at vickiromaine@yahoo. By 9:00 am CST on Sat or I will have to pick a new winner.

Helen said...

Great card - love the scene you've created.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet!!! And look at all those snowflakes!!! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper