Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sugar and Spice Kitty (2 Cute Ink image)

Hi, everyone!  I'm back again today with another kitty card!  I recently won two fabulous prizes! One was an image from 2 Cute Ink called Sugar and Spice Kitty (thank you, Heidi!) and the other was two Dreamweaver Stencils (thank you, Lynell!).  The stencil I used today is called LJ890 Flourishes. Well I couldn't wait to get started!


Now I should warn you that I am new to both distress inks and stencils.  I'm still in the experimentation phase. This is my first time using distress inks to create a background and also with a stencil. For the background, I applied Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge, and Fired Brick.  I added some water through the stencil but I wanted more of an effect, so I daubed Walnut Stain distress ink through the stencil. I splashed on some water droplets to see what that would look like.  I know I need more practice with these techniques but actually I'm happy with how this turned out!


As for the precious image, I coloured Sugar and Spice Kitty with my Prismacolor pencils, fussy cut, and popped up with foam tape on a brown circle (Nellie's Multiframe Circles).  The sentiment is Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks and I die cut it twice to create a shadow.  

I would like to support these fun challenges:
  1. 2 Cute Ink Orange, Yellow, Brown Color Theme 1/2 C10
  2. Cuttin and Stampin Thanksgiving 2/3
  3. Die Cuttin Divas Thanksgiving 2/3
  4. Dream It Up Thankful/Thoughtful UE
  5. Eureka Give Thanks 2/3
  6. Love to Scrap Say it in Colour 3/3
  7. {PIN}spirational Inspirational Photo (inspired by colours) 3/5
  8. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Thanks/Thanksgiving 2/5
  9. Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE
  10. Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 3/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


P.S. I'm celebrating 200 followers with candy!  Help me celebrate! My candy is here.

32 comments:

Jacee said...

Smashing card, another lovely little Kitty, I do love pussy cats.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

terrie said...

For your first time using a stencil and distressing you did an awesome job for the background...cute image
Well done Kitty

Bad Kitty said...

great card
very nice

jimlynn said...

First time??? WOW! You did fantastic with that stencil!! Love the background. The little kitty is so fun and cute and your entire card is just simply fabulous!
Congrats on those wins too!
Lynn

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! Your background turned out amazon! Congrats on your well earned wins!

Monika Reeck said...

First congrats on your win you are a lucky girl :)
second thanks for following me..now I follow you too sweety..
Third I dont know your name is your name Kitty...I dont think so ...please tell me what is your name sweet lady..
Fourth I adore your cat on your card and the background looks amazing too....
lovely color combo and I adore the sentiment on red too
cute and sweet card you made..
see you soon maybe on my Blog again..
Hugs, Monika

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous design, love the stencil background with distress inks and the little cat is so cute!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! You did a fabulous job with the distress inks!! They blend together perfectly!! And that kitty is so sweet!! Beautiful card my friend!! Love, love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Andrea W said...

Fun card! The colors are fantastic and I love the cute image.

New Creations said...

Your first attempt is just fabulous with a graceful work, always love your sweet Kitty images,
Perrrrr-Fect!!!
Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Debbie Adams said...

How stink'n Cute!!! :D I love this little image!. Great background too. I got your reply on my blog regarding my give away and wrote a reply to you on there. So glad you joined in the fun!
Hugs, xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

A most stunning card Kitty, love the papers you used and that gorgeous image is just a pleasure to view.
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, what a fabulous background, Kitty, love the warm tones, brilliant card my friend, hugs xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous, you are super with those distress inks.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

marion said...

Owwww tooo cute, love this cute image, lots of hugs and love to you and cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

The background is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at LTSCB!
HUGS!
Ann DT

Becca Cruger said...

I would never have guessed this was your first time! I bet you'll be addicted now, though! Your card turned out beautifully!!

cotnob said...

Such a fabulous card, I love your stenciled background and adorable kitty.
Pauline
x

Barbara Godden said...

Great job using the stencil and distress ink work, I haven't had the courage to try it. Super cute image too.(it's a kitty, you know how I like them too)

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Beautiful job on this thanks card ms. fit kitty!!! Thanks for using your stencil winning : ) Very cute kitty image too! Hope you'll join up again here for the Dreamweaver Stencils challenges.

Michele Cunningham said...

love the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Eureka Stamps

Nance said...

Absolutely adorable card with that sweet 2 Cute Ink kitty! Thanks for playing the 2 Cute Ink Challenge!

karalschuknecht said...

Adorable card. Thanks for joining us this week for Give Thanks at Eureka Stamps.
Karal DT

Unknown said...

Great job...I think this turned out really well for your first try at these techniques. I've never tried the water droplet technique myself but it really adds a nice touch. Thanks for sharing with us on the Eureka blog!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' Thanksgiving Challenge.

CA Scrapper said...

So adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas Thanksgiving challenge.

Leslie

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

Very cute and cuddly. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week for our Thanksgiving challenge.
Anita
Co-Host and Sponsor Coordinator
DCD

Unknown said...

Your card is lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Kitty, your background and stencilling looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Indy's Designs said...

The background looks fabulous! Darling card! So glad you joined Cuttin' and Stampin' for our Thanksgiving challenge! Hope to see you again for our new challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie, DT

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.