Friday, November 7, 2014

Kitty in the Kitchen (Crafty Secrets image)

Hello, everyone!  Before I share my creation, I would like to extend a warm welcome to my two newest followers - Sid and lucia.pennella - so nice to have you here!

Today I've made the cover of a recipe album!  This time kitty is in the kitchen, whipping up a batch of something yummy!  Each month I love to play along in the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Linky Party. Did you know that everyone who plays is a winner?  Last month, just for playing I received two awesome sets - Retro Kitchen and Kitchen Queen - both are chock full (and I mean full!) of digital goodies!


I fell in love with this kitty from Retro Kitchen right away and knew she'd be on the cover of my album!  I used a number of other elements from the above sets as well:  shopping list, recipes tag, rose plate, egg beater, recipe card - cream, and delicious day tag.


I started off with a cream cardstock base, which I inked around the edges with distress ink.  The dp is from Mary and Co. and I inked the edges and also distressed them wit a distress tool.  I inked the edges of the recipe card and the shopping list as well.  The buttons are die cuts from Die-Versions Wee Petites Buttons Galore. I won the ribbon in some candy, and the charm and black lace were in my stash.  

This will be my first album - I have been wanting to make one for recipes for a while and I'm so glad I have it started!  I plan to add all my favourite recipes - it would make a lovely gift, but I plan to keep it LOL!  Hoping to share the album here when it's finished!

I would like to support the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Animals UE
Card and Scrap Layers UE
Crafting by Designs November AG UE
Crafts 4 Eternity Ribbon and Lace 1/3
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper AG with Patterned Paper UE
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage November Linky Party 1/4
DL.ART November AG UE 1/day
Fab n Funky 3 Different Embellishments (button, charm, ribbon) UE
Let's Craft and Create Animal Antics UE
Not Just Cards AG UE
One Stitch at a Time AG with Distressing 1/3
Papertake Weekly AG 5/5
Simon Says Stamp Monday Good Ol' Days (I tried to create a vintage/retro look) 3/5
Stamp and Create Ribbons and Bows 1E/wk 2/4
Suzy Bee's Bloomin AG with Layers UE
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday AG Add a Button (see die-cut buttons) 2/2
Whoopsi Daisy Add a Sentiment UE
Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 3/5

Thank you for looking at my recipe album cover!  Wishing you a joyful day!

P.S. I'm celebrating 200 followers with candy!  Help me celebrate! My candy is here.


32 comments:

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable album cover and wonderful use of the Crafty Secrets new Kitchen sets!! Thank you for joining us at our "Crafty Secrets November linky party"!!
Diane CS DT

marion said...

ahhh this is supersweet, love it, lots of hugs and love, cuddles to Kiwi Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card
i like your card very much

Sue said...

Gorgeous vintage image and album idea.

Darlene said...

What can I say??????? ADORABLE!! What wonderful inspiration for our new Retro Kitchen set ... thanks!
Thanks so much for playing along in our November Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

Darlene
Crafty Secrets DT
CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Becca Cruger said...

How great is this! This would make a perfect Christmas card for someone special.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute and very pretty, love the Vintage look.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Diane Noble said...

Love all the fabulous vintage kitchen embellies here. What an adorable creation, Kitty! Thank you so much for taking the time to link to our Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. We are always inspired by our loyal participants and are so grateful you joined us so you could share this lovely creation. Thanks so much! Blessings on your week.
Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Precious! Love it! Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! I love the vintage feel!! The kitty is so cute!! The layers and design are just fabulous my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable vintage look for a cover for recipe album!

jimlynn said...

That little kitty makes a perfect cover girl!!! SO amazing and pretty. The touch of gingham ribbon is perfect on here too.
This will be something to treasure forever.
Lynn

Pat K said...

Gorgeous recipe album cover with another adorable image. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Elizabeth said...

What a cute little kitty chef. So glad you're excited with your new Crafty Secrets kitchen sets. I've been on holidays and haven't had a chance to use them yet. Love your album cover. thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Secrets November Linky Party.
Cheers, Elizabeth Lincoln

Unknown said...

This is do cute love the design and backing.thanks girl joining the Whoopsi Daisy challenge and good luck . Jennifer (DT member)xx

cotnob said...

I love this, such an adorable image and fabulous details.
Pauline
x

Jacee said...

I'm loving that image so very cute, a lovely designed card
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Anonymous said...

Most Fabulous! Thanks for linking up with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge!
Monica - DT

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

Dangina Martinez said...

Totally adorable! Love the cute little kitten! Thank You so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
Hugs xx, Dangina

Teresa Arsenault said...

I saw this at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge and had to come over for a closer look. This is gorgeous and your attention to detail is stunning.
Hugs,
Teresa

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Congrats on starting your first mini album! The cover is looking good! Love that little kitty chef and all the layered elements. Super cute! Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Secrets November Linky party!
kathy clement,DT Leader, Crafty Secrets

Cathy said...

Awesome! Great vintage look!

SirisKort said...

Lovely card in wonderful colors!
Takk for at du deltar på utfordringen hos Card and Scrap
Siri - DT

Gloria Stengel said...

So cute, so Retro, so fun! Thanks for playing along in our November Challenge at Crafty Secrets!

Whimsey said...

That's cute - completely retro; love the color combo!! Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity!! ~Michele, DT

Unknown said...

What a cute and clever use of the Kitchen Kits! You're right, those kits are so full of goodies, and you did a really great job using them here. Thanks for joining the Linky Party at Crafty Secrets!

Beccy said...

Fabulous card, thanks for sharing with Fab N Funky.

Hugs Beccy x

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Your cards always make me smile as this one does, so cute! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Jennie DT