Sunday, May 5, 2024

Retro Kitty Tags

Hello, everyone!  Long time no see.  Although I have not been blogging or reading the blogs, I just happened to discover that Show Us Your Pussycats is celebrating its 100th Challenge this month - Yay!  Who knows what else I have been missing?   Please let me know if I'm missing out on any other exciting things going on in Blogland these days.

Congratulations to my friend Fikreta for continuing this fun cat-themed challenge after the very sad loss of our dear friend Ike (Ike's Art) in 2022.  As a cat lover myself, I could not let May pass by without joining the celebration, so here I am!  I plan to be back with more cat-themed projects this month.  By the way, the challenge theme over there is "Furrything Goes with Cats as the Main Feature." 

Most of the projects I make these days are for my journals.  Here are some retro kitty tags I created for this purpose.  I made 18 colourful tags featuring adorable story-book kitty digitals (The Digital Chick Etsy Shop, Past Paper Pretties Etsy Shop, Crafts U Print, and FAVPNG), which I printed and fussy-cut.


For the tag bases, I cut out tag shapes from digital papers (Cara Brandon Creations Etsy Shop).  All but the yellow were cut using my Sunlit Tag Punch; the yellow were cut by hand. 


The frames behind the kitties are a digital from Cara Brandon Creations and were a freebie at one point. I decorated the tags with tickets (some from thrift shop, some digital), die-cut doilies (several brands used, please ask and I will look them up), digital butterflies, punched butterflies, punched hearts, and various other ephemera from my stash. I also used my We-R-Memory-Keepers Hole-Reinforcer punch, Tim Holtz Bow Punch, and Bira Leaf Punch.  The sentiments were self-made in Microsoft Word. I had a lot of fun creating these tags as the kitties make me smile and remind me of my childhood.

I would also like to join the following challenges:
Crafty Calendar May AG 1/3
Word Art Wednesday 645-646 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk2 1/5

For those who enjoy cat cartoons, here you go:


Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a blessed day!

7 comments:

papierelle said...

I love them all!!!! You have find a very good way to use the very cute cat images!!! Hugs Gundi

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are very cute Kitty.......gr karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty, so relieved to hear from you! Hope all is going well for you, Bryan, Sweet Pea and your family.
How many vintage tags for your journal! Everyone is adorable!! Love seeing all them together, it's a fabulous collection and a great fun!
Hugs and love from afar!

Debi said...

Adorable! I like having a few tags in my stash. It's so easy to turn them into a card if need be! Nicely done, my friend!

Barbara Godden said...

these are adorable, your fussy cutting is awesome. Nice to see you creating again, I hope you are feeling better.

Suzanne H said...

I was so glad to see your post! Look at all those cute tags! That cat meme is perfect too. Why do cats do that? I'm always looking down for tails before I move.

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, my goodness, just look at them all! Gorgeous work, KT. So happy to see you at the SUYP celebration - feels like a lovely reunion for Janis's Helpful Hoppers, Jo x