Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Scripture Card 1 - Hope

Hello, everybody!  Today I'm sharing something different: a scripture card!  Some of my crafty friends already know that I've been reading and studying the Bible for the past few years, and it has become one of the greatest joys of my life. I highly recommend it!  

For my Bible study, I prefer the Authorized King James Version, and I have found a treasure trove of scripture word art over at Word Art Wednesday (thank you!).  The scripture art is offered as a free digital in every challenge post, and you can scroll back on their blog to find lots of scriptures. 

This card features Hebrews 6:19, which was shared at Word Art Wednesday just a few months ago on September 27, and it inspired me to create some scripture cards.  I will be sharing a second scripture card in the next blog post, so stay tuned!

Before printing, I added the scripture digitally in Microsoft Word to a page from Lighting the Way Printable Journal Kit from TLC Creates Vintage.  I like that there was already an anchor as part of the page.  Then I mounted the image on brown cardstock, quick and easy.

I was inspired by the following 9 challenges:
DL.ART December AG UE 1/d
Jan's Digi Stamps November AG 3/5
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 1/5
Word Art Wednesday 623-624 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk2 2/5

For those who enjoy cat cartoons, I hope this one makes you smile:


Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a peaceful day!

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

Another lovely Scripture card, Kitty. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Take care!

terrie said...

Great looking card with the scripture & lighthouse...very pretty.
This lighthouse looks the Portland Head Light in Maine I've been there.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful scripture card.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty! A great change in your cards lately, not kitties at all! :)
I know you have founded a great peace and trust into the Bible and love the way you added some verses of Letter to Hebrews into this card! Beautiful vintage feel and surely a card quick to make!
I'm not sure about differences in faith by Anglicans and Catholics. Here in Italy we are for the most Catholics (obviously, the Pope is here...).
But God is ONE and is everywhere people believe in him, so no matter about differences, isn't it?
Hugs, peace and love dear friend! Have a joyous day!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Forgot to say that the cartoon made me smile! :)

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, the image is stunning and like the sentiment!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love everything about this card - stunning. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful verse and the background is perfect. Lovely card.

Jan Mahew said...

Nothing like a lighthouse along the seashore to light your way, Karen! The one here by our house is black. Thank you for sharing your heartwarming card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is beautiful. Love the image and the scripture.

Suzanne H said...

This image is perfect for the verse. This is super pretty.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Loving your scripture cards Kitty! They are amazing!

Helen said...

Beautifully put together.

Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge and Happy New Year.

Helen x
DT