Monday, February 27, 2023

Joyful Tidings Gingerbread

Hello, everyone!  I can't believe February is nearly over!  I haven't been crafting much this month, but hopefully I will be back to regular crafting and blogging soon. Sorry I haven't been able to do much blog visiting yet.  In the meantime, I didn't want to miss my favourite challenges.  

I've made a grand total of 3 cards this month, and I will be sharing them all today.  This first card came together quickly and easily as everything except the polka dot paper was in my pile of leftovers from last year's holiday cardmaking spree.  I hope they count as snippets!  

This cute gingerbread man is from Beccy's Place Gingerbread Set (sadly this set is now retired).  As mentioned, he was left over from last year, or maybe even the year before, and he has been popped up on foam tape.

For the background, I used brown polka dot paper and a torn-edge white scrap behind a die-cut winter scene.  The die-cut and torn white scrap were leftovers that didn't get used for last year's holiday cards.  Sorry I don't know the brand of this die.  After adhering it to the polka dot paper, I added Star Dust Stickles to some of the trees and along the snow.  To finish off the card, I adhered a self-made sentiment (Microsoft Word), popped up on foam tape.  This sentiment was also a leftover that didn't make the cut last year. 

I would like to join the following 10 challenges:
ABC Christmas D for Die-cuts UE
Beccy's Place February AG w Beccy's Image UE
CRAFT 668 Christmas 1/2
Crafty Catz 626 AG with Optional Twist (Spots, Stripes or both) 1/3
Snippets Playground 448 Snippets are the gingerbread man, die-cut scene, torn scrap of white cardstock used for the snowy landscape, and sentiment 1E C10
Word Art Wednesday 583-584 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!  

18 comments:

Sari / Granne said...

So pretty and fun, love the sparkling snow detail. Thank you for joining QKR Stampede #461 challenge.

jimlynn said...

Cute little gingerbread guy and I love all the sparkle. Pretty and cute card all rolled into one!
Lynn

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card with lots of lovely sparkle too.

Sue xx

Di said...

Lovely card Kitty - and such a cute little gingerbread man! That a super background too.

Hugs
Di xx

Suzanne H said...

I like the gingerbread in this scene. This design is not something I would have thought of with the polka dot paper as the background. Very clever!

Beccy said...

What a great card! I love the little scene you've created for the gingerbread man Kitty, what a nice, cosy cabin for him. I love all the stickle you added too, the forest looks cold and icy. Wonderful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Brenda said...

Such a pretty, sparkly scene youʻve created for your sweet gingerbread person. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

Barbara Godden said...

Really cute scene with that adorable gingerbread man, beautiful design and die cuts. Nice to see you made some cards this month. I almost missed Rudolph days.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi again dear friend!! I read that you would be back with regular crafting and blogging, so hope your health is going better.
Such lovely wintery scene you created! The frame with the trees and the diecut house are a perfect match with the cute gingerbread! Love the touches of glitter and the snow bank you made with a white scrap of paper! The polka dots background adds sweetness to the whole composition!
Hugs, peace and love dear Kitty!

terrie said...

Yeaaaaa, your back to crafting.
Your gingerbread image to the wintery forest background is very nice.
Thanks for sharing your creation.
Take care my friend.

Lena said...

So cute and festive, Kitty! Lena xx

Carol L said...

I love the scene you created with the little house in the woods all covered with snow! The gingerbread man is so cute too. I hope you're feeling well and I'm sorry I'm late to visit. Life happens :)

Sarn said...

Fabulous gingerbread man card using your snippets.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

Aunty Sue said...

such a swwt card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week

tilly said...

love this cute card, so happy, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

Fikreta said...

so nice card!

Marjeta said...

Such a beautiful scene. Little gingerbread man is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at Rudolf days.

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness! This card is adorable, Theat gingerbread man is so sweet and looks great on that scene die!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.