Saturday, August 20, 2022

Colourful Kitty Zentangle

Hello, everybody! I was excited to see that Scribbles Designs is celebrating their 9th Birthday this month!  Woot, woot!  Congratulations to Sandy and her team!  My blog is also nine years old this year so I definitely wanted to join the celebration!  

Their Challenge 111 is Get Your Zen On with a zentangle or mandala as the focus of your project.  I have been wanting to colour this Peek-a-Boo Kitty zentangle for awhile so I had fun and went a bit wild with my colours!  


I printed the image in grey tones and then die-cut with a cross-stitched rectangle (Memory Box Cross-Stitched Frame Borders).  I coloured the kitty with markers, adding some accents with a white paint pen and a black fineliner.  I inked around the image with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and then stamped a fun birthday sentiment.  I mounted the rectangle on black and then teal cardstock, and then finished the card by adhering some black gems, including on the cat's eyes.  This card was fun to make!

The Scribbles Designs 9th Birthday Celebration will be going on until September 14 with puzzles and prizes so you still have lots of time to check it out!  Tell them that Kitty sent you!  There is also a free zentangle digital image available so you can have fun colouring and then join their challenge!  I'll be sharing a card made with that image soon so stay tuned!


I would also like to join the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:
Crafty Calendar August AG 3/3
QKR Stampede 450 AG 1/3
Show Us Your Pussycats 80 Furrything Goes UE
Word Art Wednesday 557-558 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a day filled with joy and peace!

19 comments:

Mrs A. said...

My grandson would just love this card. It's purrfect. Hugs mrs A.

Donna said...

This is so adorable, great sentiment and the coloring on this adorable cat is fabulous, that was time consuming and most likely relaxing and fun! Have a wonderful weekend!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear friend! Your peek-a-boo kitty is awesome and you coloured her so well!! (I suppose she is a female!) The cat's eyes just speak!!! It's a so sweet and cute card and the sentiment makes me smile! :D
Congrats for the nine years old of your blog! :)
I wish you a joyous Sunday and a fabulous week ahead! I think to you always and send good vibes and prayers on your way!
Hugs, love and peace dear Kitty!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful job with the zentangle kitten love the colours and the use of the black gems. Great design.

Lori Kobular said...

I absolutely LOVE this zentangle image and you colored it beautifully! What a fun birthday card! I really love the pastel colors that you choose!

Donna said...

I'm back sweet friend, I forgot to thank you for sharing your amazing card at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge!

KraftyKoolKat said...

My goodness Kitty this is gorgeous, I adore your colouring.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alyson Mayo said...

What an adorable image and I love how you coloured it with the extra touches! Well done :)

Rebekah said...

Oh wow, this is amazing and so pretty! Thanks for playing along in Jan's Digital Images Challenge. ~Rebekah, Jan's Digital Images DT

Suzanne H said...

That's a perfect sentiment for your colorful kitty! I'll have to join in the celebration. I haven't played at Scribbles for a long time. Congrats on your 9th Anniversary too!

Lena said...

Oh how fun, Kitty. Love all the colours you combined together. Just stunning, my friend!
Have a wonderful day.
Big hugs,
Lena

Jan Mahew said...

Oh, My, Karen! Fabulous Calico! Thank you for sharing your colorful creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

martine said...

I love cats! This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Digi Chooseday!

terrie said...

Your Zentangle cat is just awesome...such a pretty card.
I also the sentiment....well done Kitty

Fikreta said...

its so wonderful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my gosh so much colouring, it's fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Chandhini said...

Such a beautiful image, love your coloring. Love the pun in the sentiment.

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous card. I love Zentangle so the image works for me. Love how you coloured it xxx

NickScrapShack said...

Awesome card! I love the way you coloured this image and the sentiment is so purr-fect, lol! Really great work!
Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at Scribbles Design & best of luck with your entry. Nick DT