Friday, November 22, 2019

Cardinal and Holly

Hello, everyone! I'm back today to share another holiday card! Beccy's Place and her Month of Holiday Cards alphabet challenges have been inspiring me again!  I'm almost finished with the alphabet so I'm revisiting some of my favourite letters. For this card, I'm going with "C" for Cardinal.


This cardinal is one of my favourite images and I seem to use it every year.  It's actually a freebie over at Beccy's Place called Cardinal and Holly.  I went with the precoloured version, fussy-cut, and layered it onto an oval die-cut.  The patterned paper is from Carta Bella Christmas Delivery, and the background is embossed with a holly pattern.  The sparkly red scalloped border die-cuts are from Lawn Fawn.  I adhered some Sweet Pea crinkle ribbon/bow from DL.ART, a metal tree charm, and three red sequins.

My card design was inspired by Sketch Saturday 590:



I would also like to support the following challenges: A Perfect Time to Craft AG UE; Arty Divas AG 5/5; Cardz TV 103 AG 2/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas AG Optional Use Glitter UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper November UE; Cute Card Thursday Winter UE; Dragonfly Dreams Christmas/ Winter UE; Polkadoodles 47 AG 2/2; The Outlawz Festive Friday Christmas UE; Winter Wonderland Use Holly and/or Ivy 3/3

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

19 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous cardinal card and I love the traditional Christmas colors.

Lena said...

I love cardinals. I'm always so happy when a little pair comes to visit and stays a while in my yard :-) Beautiful and festive card, Kitty. Love it!
Enjoy your Friday :-) May it be a great start to a great weekend!
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous image and you've colored it up so pretty. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Andrea W said...

Thanks for the link to the freebie! I love cardinals and your card is wonderful.

Bunny said...

Love your beautiful cardinal and the charm you added on the card.
[Bunny]

Nelly said...

such a festive delight !… thanks for joining us at The Polkadoodles challenge “Anything goes” this week, Nelly DT X

Donna said...

This is stunning, great design and like the deep red color of the cardinal!

Beccy said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Kitty. I love the traditional colour scheme, the fabulous embossing and the overall layout. The deep green card base is especially beautiful, and contrasts perfectly with the vibrant red. Great idea to fussy cut the cardinal and then layer the image on an oval of pure white card. Just beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

terrie said...

I think you put running shoe on your hands cause you are really going to town doing your Holiday cards so quick....this cardinal is so pretty again well done...

cotnob said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Suzanne H said...

I do love the dark green card base. I'm having trouble finding a color like that. You've done a wonderful job with the layout. Beautiful.

Barbara Godden said...

Such a beautiful cardinal and a fabulous card, great use of the sketch. I love to use cardinals on holiday cards, I need get busy too.

Kazz Cards and Crafts said...

Love the bird, it really gives dimension to your card. Excellent work. Karen Neil DT

Mel Gee said...

love the colours Thank you for entering our Challenge at Dragonfly Dreams https://http://dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Lisa Lynn said...

That paper is gorgeous and looks wonderful with the bright red cardinal. This card is beautiful.

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking creation! Love the cardstock colour! Thanks for playing with us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

Fikreta said...

its so beautiful!
hugs

Lou Sims said...

Fabulous design, beautifully made. Many thanks for joining in with Polkadoodles Challenges this week. Lou

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely cardinal card1
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!