I made a shaker card with another image from this set here. I won some ITDK digis last week (thank you, Kris!) and fell in love with the hummingbirds! I am on a hummingbird kick after watching these tiny birds at our feeders this summer. Such an inspiration they have been for me!
I die-cut the image with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. You've probably noticed I use these dies on a lot of my cards. Here's a tip: If the stitched rectangle die isn't the right size for your image, die cut it anyway and then die cut it a second time using partial die-cutting, with just the outside edge of the die, to make the rectangle any size you like, and it's still stitched!
Here are the other items used on my card. I am happy to say that I used some items that I won recently. I tend to hoard my crafty stash so I'm trying to get better at using it:
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles, Spellbinders Moroccan Accents, My Creative Time Scalloped Stitched Ovals, Cheery Lynn Ivy Strip, Nellie's Decorative Border (won in candy from Snoopy's Homemade Fun - thank you, Snoopy, I love this die!)
- Ribbon: Crinkle Ribbon (won from Karen at Little Scrap Pieces - thank you, Karen, I love your ribbon!)
- Flowers: Large stitched felt flowers (won from Kerry at The Craft Garden - thank you, Kerry, it was hard to use these beautiful flowers as I wanted to hoard them forever, I love them so much!), two teal flowers from K and Company, and royal blue flower from thrift store - used item.
- Sentiment: Deedee's Digis Spring Blocks
- Charms: Hummingbird (won in candy from Snoopy's Homemade Fun - thank you, Snoopy, I love this charm!), heart (from my stash)
- Enamel Dots: MME (won in candy from On a Stampage - thank you, Mynn, I love them! I am still hoarding most of your candy but I used the enamel dots)
- Ink: Distress Inks - Seedless Preserves and Spun Sugar (inked around sentiment oval)
- Gems: Dollarama
- Button: Thrift store - used item
- Butterfly: Dollarama
- Patterned paper: Dollarama
Here's a photo of a female ruby-throated hummingbird resting on our clothesline this summer.
My card was also inspired by Scrap it With a Song's Rock Song Beautiful Sunday by Daniel Boone. I have fond memories of this song from my childhood! I used the sentiment "Have a Beautiful Day" on my card because the words "Beautiful Day" are repeated in the song many times.
I would like to join the following challenges: Artistic Inspirations AG UE; Beccy's Place AG UE; Brown Sugar Buttons and Bows 1/2; Cheery Lynn AG 1E; Cosmic Colours #16 See Colours Below 2/3; Craft Your Passion AG 1/3; Craft-dee BowZ AG with Handmade Bow UE; Crafting by Designs August AG 3/3; Crafting from the Heart AG 2/3 (DT FAVOURITE); Crafty Calendar Bingo (Pink, Gems, Ribbon) 1/3; Crafty Gals Corner AG 2/2; Crafting Musketeers Sketch 1E; Creative Fingers AG 3/3; Creative Inspirations Flowers UE; Creative Ladybirds AG 3/3 (DT FAVOURITE); Crop Stop Linky #7 Spellbinders Dies available at Crop Stop here and Distress Inks available here 2/5; Dies R Us The Great Outdoors 3/3; Di's Digi Designs Ribbon, Lace, Twine, any or all (used ribbon) 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August AG UE; DL.ART August AG UE 1/day; Dragonfly Dreams Wings UE; Emerald Faeries Favourite Colours (Pink/Magenta) 2/3; Fan-Tastic Tuesday AG with Glitter 1/4; Imagine That... digis by Kris Customer Link-up and Win UE; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Jo's Scrap Shack Lazy Days of Summer 1/3; Little Claire's Favourite Colour Combination (Pink/Magenta) 2/3; Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday 1E; Natalie and Amy's Buttons and Bows 1/3; Not Just Cards August AG UE; Paper Creator's Crafts Dies and/or Punches 3/3; Papertake Weekly To Die For 4/5; Pixie's Snippet Playground Die-cut leaves from snippets 1/3; Scrapbook Blessings Club AG with Twist Glitter 1/3 (TOP 5); Scrappy Moms Stamps Summer Fun (watching hummigbirds) UE; Simon Says Stamp Work-it Wednesday Die Cuts 2/3; Sister Act Cards Only AG UE; Suzy Bee's Bloomin' AG with Border (see border die-cut) UE; Wags n Whiskers Frame it Out 1/2; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 5/5
Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a beautiful day!