Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Butterfly... Just Because

I was inspired by the weaving challenge at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends in making this card.  This is my first attempt at weaving, and I used ribbon to make a little panel. I think it turned out okay. For the card, I stamped two circles randomly on green cardstock with brown and white ink, stamped the sentiment in brown ink, and layered the cardstock to a white card base.  Next I added a brown zig-zag strip of DP that was a scrap from a previous project.  Then I affixed the woven panel with foam tape, added a die-cut butterfly, and embellished with brown gems.  Here are the supplies I used:
  • Stamps:  Simply Circles (Stampin' Up!), sentiment (Hampton Art for Studio G)
  • Ink:  Ancient Page - Chocolate (Clearsnap), Brilliance Moonlight White (Tsukineko)
  • Cardstock:  Recollections
  • DP:  Carson Dellosa
  • Ribbon:  Michaels
  • Dies:  Spellbinders - Classic Edges One and Fanciful Flight
  • Gems:  Dollarama
 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Annabelle Stamps AC167 Polka Dots UE C7
Crafts and Me Challenge #139 Anything Goes 2E #2
Creative Inspirations Paint Inspired by:  Ribbon and Bling UE
MFP Speedy Fox and Friends #169 Weaving 5E #1
My Heart Pieces Use Your Favourite Fruit Colour (I used green and brown for kiwi) 3E #3
Papertake Weekly Die-ing for a Punch 5E #2
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #137 Bling It On 3E #1

Thank you for looking at my card - your comments really brighten my day!  Have a good one!

10 comments:

Pat said...

Your card stock and ribbon match perfectly. Thanks for joining speedy fox an friends.

lostinpaper said...

Your threaded panel is sooo clever and such a great combo of colours too!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Gail said...

Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends with your lovely Butterfly Card - It was a honor to have you enter! Enjoy your day ~ Gail DT

stampingbowd said...

Pretty card! Love the paper weaving and the gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining speedy fox and friends this week!

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh how beautiful! I love the lacy butterfly! Great weaving too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Unknown said...

Now that weaving is fabulous Kitty, wonderful card hun, love the colours you have used, makes me want to go and buy some "chocolate limes" mmmm xxxx

Paper Panda said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)

karen said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the colour too nice and fresh! thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Karenx

Deborah March said...

Gorgeous butterfly...great weaving!!

vania said...

Intersting project
Thanks for joining us at My heart pieces
Vania