Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Tea Cup Kitten and The Hop to Stop

Hello, everyone! Before I share my card, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Suchi - thank you for joining me!

Today I'm sharing another purple card for The Hop to Stop (see more details below).  I used an adorable image from By Miss Rach.  I mentioned to Miss Rach during the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop that I am always on the lookout for kitties with hot beverages, and she quickly designed not one but three adorable kitties, one with coffee, one with cocoa, and this precious kitten with tea.


According to Miss Rach, all of these images will eventually be available as freebies, so you'll have to join her blog and stay tuned!  She offers a new freebie every week (here's the most recent one) and holds weekly challenges as well, so you will want to head over so you don't miss out!

I coloured this precious one with Prismacolor pencils and fussy-cut so I could pop her up with foam tape.  She is layered on some glittery banners (DCWV glitter paper, die-cut with Taylored Expressions Banner Stacklets 1) and a polka-dot vellum circle.  I created the card base by adding strips of purple washi tape and one thin strip of gold washi tape.  The sentiment is from Your Next Stamp, and I heat-embossed it in white on a black scrap and then hand-cut into a banner shape.

As mentioned above, I am supporting The Hop to Stop.  It's a blog hop designed to raise awareness about domestic violence. One in three women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes. Just think about it... that's 33% of all the women you meet.  Purple is the domestic violence awareness colour.  I explained my connection to this issue in a previous blog post.


For more information on domestic violence,you can visit the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence. Canadians can find out more here.  I hope to see you at The Hop to Stop to support this important issue.

I would also like to join the following challenges: Beccy's Place October AG UE; Craft Your Passion Always AG 3/3; Crafting from the Heart AG 2/3; Creative Inspirations Stars and/or Stripes UE; DL.ART October Linky UE 1/day; Great Impressions For the Kids 3/3;  Inspiration Destination AG UE; Just Keep on Creating AG UE; Make My Monday Cats UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; One Stitch at a a Time AG with Awareness (Domestic Violence Awareness) UE; Papertake Weekly AG 2/5; Penny's Paper Crafty AG 1/3; Pile it On 1-2-3 Recipe (1 image, 2 types of washi tape, 3 banners) UE; Scrapbook Blessings Club AG Use Digi Stamps Only UE; Sweet Stamps October AG UE; The Daily Marker - Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge Day 6; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5

challenge_graphic-4-animated-650-october

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


47 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

ooh how adorable your kitty looks!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

suzARTe said...

Hi Kitty,
I love this card, the background created with washi tape looks great and I love the kitten image you have used as well. The whole issue of domestic violence is horrible but caues like the blog hop makes people more aware of what's happening, offering hope. Thank you so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, just keep on creating. I look forward to seeing more of your creations☺

Annette Allen said...

so cute.. i love how you added the hint of turquoise.. pretty

Barb said...

What a dear little kitty enjoying her cuppa. The washi tape background is a super idea. Barbxx

terrie said...


Ahhhhh, how adorable...what's not to like about this card...your so creative with your washi tape as a background and the image is so cute, I like the purple and teal together it's a perfect color combo....well done as always Kitty.......
Looking forward of seeing of your cards.

New Creations said...

Are those purple stripes are washi tape!!! Wow! Splendid job done Kitty! Precious and I love your coloring in this cute image. And how you balanced with it with glittery banners and dotted vellum! An eye catching and creative creation!

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the VIBRANCY of your card!!! It is striking! The vellum paper behind Ms. Kitty, and the teal just makes everything POP! {Love your little grey striped kitten} :)

Becca Cruger said...

Do you know who's really Tea-riffic? You are. Seriously, every card you've made in support of the Hop to Stop seems to be better than the last. Love the big bold stripes in the background combined with the delicate polka dotted vellum. So pretty!

Hetty said...

OMG,this card is absolutely wonderful. The striped background makes the card come alive.
Love the color combo purple and grey.Well done!

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
have a nice day
hugs

Kuni said...

What a cute card, i love it.
Hugs
Kuni

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Adorable card and lovely sentiment. I think I remember seeing this sassy kiten on the coffee blog hop. Continuing my hop on this cause, and it's enlightening to see so many beautiful techniques and ideas.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another fabulous card for the Hop to Stop, Kitty!! Love this cutie kitten with the cup of tea, she is so pretty! And the polka-dot vellum circle is juts amazing!!! I have seen another vellum embossed circle under a fussi-cut image in a your past card and I love so much how it turn out! I want try myself, before or later! The turquoise and green glittered banners match so well with the purple! Great make, my friend!!

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- your card is adorable. I'm jealous since I think you got a kitty that I don't have, hehe. He colored her beautifully with the pencils!!!

Jacee said...

Super cute Kitty today, love him!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Unknown said...

Great to see your cats back, Kitty, another fabulous card my friend, you sure are busy these days, great to see, hugs xxxx

jimlynn said...

What a cute card - Tea-rific is right! Love the design on this one too Kitty.
Lynn

cotnob said...

A super card Kitty, gorgeous colours.
Pauline
x

Monika Reeck said...

The Kitty is soooo cuteee
Love the vellum behind Kitty
And I was thinking it was a DP wohooo clever you using purple washi tape Kitty..
Great idea and i love your purple Cardbase..
Wonderfully made sweety...
Hugs
Monika

Tiffani Trumble said...

adorable, its a nice switch from coffee! Though I love coffee! I like to see tea cards too.

bymissrach said...

Eeeeek! I just love it! Thank you so much! :)

Lisa said...

Oh so adorable!...I'm not surprised that she did something so nice for you...I love the vellum circle behind the kitty...I don't think of vellum enough...

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That purple washi tape is so vivid. This card is fabulously put together. That is the sweetest image.

Mynn xx said...

Another darling card! LOVE the fun background you created for your kitty! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Really cute! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

marion said...

owww I so love the images you use, they always make me smile, just look at this cute kitty, such a wonderfull card. Sending lots of hugs and love and cuddles to your lovely furbabys, Marion

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, and I love how much you are supporting the hop xx

NGCARDS said...

A cute creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cute creation Kitty, awesome colours, well done you in the support you have given to this hop.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

katieo said...

Super cute tea-drinking kitty. I love the vellum circle. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Challenge
katieO
DL.ART-DTmember

Shawna said...

This is a great card for a great cause!! Plus your cat image is just purrr-fect (I just couldn't resist). The bold purple stripes are so... well.... bold and so pretty and straight (not an easy thing to do). I also like the way you dulled down the stripes with your vellum circle to make room for your adorable cat... Thank you so much for joining us at MMM. Your work is absolutely fantastic..

Cazro said...

A super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday Caz DT

Rubeena I. said...

This card is sooo adorable!!!

Camille Short said...

Awww, this is so sweet! Love your darling image and fab coloring! Another great design, love that pretty palette and paper and perfect design! :^)

Amy Cohen said...

Great card- the image is colored perfectly and the vellum backing is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

VanessaB said...

adorable!

Taunya Butler said...

Love the design and styling of this card - so dynamic in the purple and with those awesome stripes!! WOW - just so great!! You are a card making ROCK STAR!!!

Pia S said...

You inspired someone to make new images and you received them before anyone else, how nice! It's cute! And you're the queen of purple!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

It's a kitty! Wow! You are just all over the blogosphere AND this hop too! Great cards, wonderful comments, and amazing inspiration for all of us!
Take care!
Michele

Nikki Byrne said...

Gorgeous card and the image is beautiful :) Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this fortnight and good luck. Nikki DT

Jerrie said...

Your kitty is super duper cute and I love the vellum behind it! The sentiment is perfect for the hop to stop!

Unknown said...

I really love what you did with our recipe, this is a gorgeous, funny, warm project. Thank you for joining us at Pile It On and please come back for the newest challenge.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Michelle said...

This is so cute.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable!! The image is too cute!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Happy Dance said...

What a sweet, sweet kitty!! Love her expression, and her tea cup! Putting her on the polka dotted vellum is absolutely perfection too! Wonderful card. Bev

Cindy said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC.

Unknown said...

Super CUTE card! Thank you for joining our October Challenge at Great Impressions.
Ruza ~ GI Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner