Monday, October 26, 2015

Cat Lovers Hop - Day 1 (Thanks)

Hello, everyone!  I'm still on my blog break, but as promised I am popping in to join the Cat Lovers Hop! Today is the first day - I plan to participate each day of the hop, so stay tuned for lots of kitty inspiration!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome two new followers - Veronica Tovar and Olga Fink - thank you for joining me!

I was so excited when I heard about the Cat Lovers Hop!  My followers already know how much I love kitties, so there's no way I could miss it!  October 29 is International Cat Day, and Janis at Her Peaceful Garden has organized the hop to celebrate this wonderful day.  The blog hop starts today and runs until Friday, October 30. Janis has lined up some fabulous prizes, so you will want to head over to her blog for all the details! Guidelines and FAQ can be found here.


I hope I meet some new cat-loving friends during the hop!  For those who don't know me, I have three beautiful kitties, and their photos can be found at the upper left of my blog - Honeydew, Kiwi, and Snowie are my inspiration!  I make a lot of cat cards, so this hop is purr-fect for me!

Today I am sharing a thank-you card I made for a very thoughtful friend. I actually made this card way back in August but forgot to post it on my blog, so now's the purr-fect time!  


I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's faux textured metal technique here. I followed Jennifer's technique and sponged Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks onto a masked-off rectangle. I brushed on white metallic Perfect Pearls, and it created a lovely shimmer effect. The panel was then embossed with Cuttlebug Cross My Heart and mounted on a leftover snippet of black cardstock with a piece of fun foam behind to add dimension. Here's another photo showing the shimmer.


I received the sweet kitty cut-out in a RAK (random act of kindness) from Ike. Thank you, Ike, I love all the kitties, and I thought this one was purr-fect for the card. The thanks die-cut is from Lawn Fawn, and I added three metallic gold heart sequins.

I would also like to join these 3 challenges:  
DL.ART Fall Foods Alt. Thank You 1/3
Pixie's Snippet Playground Snippet used for embossed panel, black layering piece, and word die cut 2/3
Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

36 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

Cute card, love that background, thanks for the link..yours looks perfect!

D.Ann C said...

Great to see you again! I've wanted to try that technique, but haven't gotten to it yet. You rocked it! Furry hugs! >^.^<

ike said...

Eeeee - great to see this card on here. I can gloat over it and covet it in person :-D Super and I am glad you liked the gifties :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxx

New Creations said...

Your Faux technique card is awesome, cute image!

Barb said...

A dear little kitty card. The technique shows up really well in the second photo in particular. I love that embossing folder. Barbxx

Andrea W said...

Oh, I love your card! Orange kitties have a special place in my heart and the cut-out really pops off your colored background. Very pretty card!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and I love the two colours, it really lifts the pussy.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Janis said...

Awwww.....love that playful little orange kitty!!! What a wonderful shimmery background. I'll have to try that technique. I have lots of Perfect Pearls that I need to get out and play with. Love how you did the very narrow black frame layer.....ties in your diecut sentiment so well. How sweet of Ike to send you this terrific RAK!!! Thanks for sharing your card and helping me kick-off the Cat Lovers Hop!!

I only have two orange kitties right now: Chaienne (Shy-Cat), who is my blog logo cat, and Alexander, a young man kitty, who showed up here in his virile youth and decided to stay and get neutered...(well, that part was OUR decision! lol....)....
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP going on now through Oct. 30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Darnell said...

It's the purr-fect time, Kitty, and it's a purr-fect card! Your sweet kitty looks gorgeous with that beautiful background panel!! Lovely to see you at the Snippets Playground, too! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Such a darling card Kitty! Love that technique too - hoping the hop goes well!

Hugs

Di xx

Becca Yahrling said...

Your rectangle came out purr-fect! Cute card. We had a kitty when I was young and he looked just like this one.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Sweet and adorable kitty card! Aren't RAKs something amazing? Thanks for playing along with this sweet cat nation! Meow!
Take Care!
Michele

Jacee said...

A sweet, cute card, love the little kitty, fabulous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lisa Lynn said...

This card is adorable. Always need a "thanks" card in the stash.

cotnob said...

A super card Kitty, such a sweet image.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

I've used Jennifer's technique as well, I love the look, even got myself some perfect pearls for this purpose. Definitely going to make more cards using this technique. It makes a very beautiful and simple background for this sweet cat...

Fikreta said...

this is wonderful card!
cute kitty

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Kitty, this is just a cutie!!! Love this kitten, seems my Dory when she was young (now she is ten years old). The Cat Lovers Hop is a great idea and a wonderful hop!! I hope to have time enought to play with!! You made a wonderful card with this kitten, Ike has given you a very beautiful image and you have made a fabulous work with it! Love the techinque you used for the shining background, I will try myself! Love the colour and the embossing folder you used, so appropriate! The sentiment and the little gold hearts looks great! Wonderful work

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute kitty! Great heart embossing! Thanks for joining us over at DL ART! DT member DL.ART Carri~Abusybee
My Blog!

Donna said...

This is just as sweet as can be! That double embossing is a great idea but your cat steals the show!

Monika Reeck said...

I really love that shimmer effect on your card Kitty
stunning CAS design and love that cat there
perfect CAS card my dear friend
and I am happy you get mail for my new post
hugs,
Monika
PS: I asked my friend whos drew image on my Etsy Shop to draw Kitty I still wait hehe (see my first post Kitty I EDITED it with a new card and my Etsy Shop link too...just peek there please if you have time)

Christi Conley said...

Gorgeous!!! And I have been missing you - checking out the winners of some blog challenges and not seeing your name nearly enough!!

Hetty said...

Hello Kitty, what a great card.Love the colors and the kitty is so sweet. Not only do we both love coffee, I love kitties too. I will follow you on the cat hop!

mandysea said...

oooh sweet sweet sweet little card... there's something about ginger kitties that just make a smile appear! Love your sequins! they add sparkle. Its been lovely to 'meet' you!!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card!! So cute!

marion said...

ahhh this is too sweet, love it, perfect combo of kitty colour and paper in the background. Sending you lots of hugs and love and cuddles to your furbabys.

Teresa Doyle said...

Aw, I love this card. Such a cute kitty.

Tami said...

What a cute kittie and love the background

Karenladd said...

Hey there!! I often see your cards in various challenges across the internet so am happy to learn more about you and your cats! I figured that anyone with a blog named of KT Fit Kitty had to either love cats or WAS a cat! What a great way to use this darling little kitten image and send some cheer to a friend!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is sooooo sweet!!!!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Olga Fink said...

Thank you Kitty for welcoming me to your blog!! lovely Kitty card! I love cats so much as well! I have noticed that most of the people that love to craft have a big love for cats!!

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous gorgeousness and one of my favourite types of cat too! Love your panel in the middle. I follow Jennifer too and her techniques are inspiring and I love to try them out too. TFS Karen xx

Taunya Butler said...

Super awesome and I love the details in the background and the hearts and the sentiment - superbly done card!!! Happy day!!

Lisa said...

So cute! This one is right up your alley! I expect to see your name on here a lot...lol!

Donna said...

Super cute kitty card for the Cat Lovers Blog Hop!

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like the faux metal panel--I watched Jennifer's video too and enjoyed making them.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com