Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hello, Friend

Hi, everyone!  I'm back again today to share another card.  I was inspired by two challenges this time. First, Deedee's Digis is having a "Pick Your Pal" event for World Card Making Day.  More about this below.  Second, my friend Taunya over at Daisies Girl is celebrating her 4-Year Blogiversary! Congratulations, Taunya!  She would like participants to send her a card based on her mood board (see below). Here's the card I made, which will be mailed off to Taunya tomorrow.


Taunya loves daisies!  Her blog is named Daisies Girl!  Below is her inspirational mood board. She is looking for new followers so I hope you'll head over, join her blog, and help her celebrate! Her blogiversary celebration is running during the month of October.

collage4year

For Taunya's card, I chose the adorable image and paper from Deedee's Digis - Bugs and Blooms.  I love this little cutie holding the daisy!  I fussy-cut the image so I could pop him up with foam tape.  I added Clear Wink of Stella to the center of the daisy and Glossy Accents on the bug's eyes.  Behind the image, the cardstock is embossed with Couture Creations Crazy Daisy.

I chose a friendship scripture from Deedee's Digis - My Heart is Yours and added a label sentiment with my Dymo. Taunya was feeling overwhelmed last month and took a blog break - she's back now but she could use some encouragement. I hope you like my card, Taunya!  It's going in the mail tomorrow!

The "Pick Your Pal" challenge at Deedee's Digis is a Tic-Tac-Toe game. When you complete a row, you get to "pick your pal"!  I'm going for #7 Oscar Stocking Pal - he's the cute kitty in the Christmas stocking!  I'll be posting my card on my fb wall as part of the first square. You can find all of the guidelines and a larger version of this Tic Tac Toe board over at Deedee's Digis.  I hope you'll go check it out - it's open until October 16, and everybody who plays, wins!


I would also like to join the following challenges: Allsorts Nature 3/3; Beccy's Place October AG UE; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Just Keep on Creating AG UE; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 2/3; QKR Stampede AG 2/3; Scrapbook Blessings Club AG Use Digi Stamps Only UE; Suzy Bee's Bloomin' AG Embossing Wet or Dy (I used dry) UE; Sweet Stamps October AG UE; Taylored Expressions Share Joy (Color); Wednesday's Creative Inspirations AG Option Sketch UE



Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

33 comments:

Barb said...

You do put some cute critters on your card Kitty. My SIL would love this one. She has a thing for snails. Love his eyes on stalks..... Barbxx

Donna Ellis said...

This is SO CUTE! Kitty, wonderfully soft card - so pretty! hugs, de

Kelly said...

just darling!

Taunya Butler said...

Kitty - I AM OVERWHELMED AND SO TOUCHED by you and your friendship - YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Life has been almost more than I could handle - I have Depression and with the migraines it all got messed up into one big challenge!!! Things are slowly getting better - I have been just so impressed and so amazed by how busy you have been and all the amazing and incredible things you have been posting - YOU ARE SUCH A DELIGHT TO ME!!! Thank you, Thank you SO VERY MUCH for all you do to make my life brighter - I will be back to share my thoughts and praises with you on all your wonderful creations soon!! I want you to know that I TOTALLY an in awe at your goodness and kindness to me!!! Sending GREAT BIG HUGS your way!!! Be back soon!!!

Taunya Butler said...

Ah, I was feeling so overwhelmed - I forgot to tell you how much I love your card - love the colors - the flowers and that cute little snail!!! It represents how much I love snail mail!!! =] Such a sweet thought and sentiment to top it all off - just so wonderfully done and I cannot wait to hold it in my hands - love and huge hugs to you!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful tought you have and very cute card, Kitty! Your friend Tayuna has appreciated it soooo much!! :) and I agree, it's really sweet and lovely! You are a very beautiful person, your heart is a true teasure, full of love and of kindness!! I know it!!
The snail in your card is so fun, love these sweet and nice eyes, great touch you given them with the glossy accent! And the daisy in her mouse is so sweet! Lovely background and warm colours!! Beautiful design! You are full of mojo!!

Fikreta said...

super cute card
hugs

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet, Kitty, both in how you made it, and in the motivation behind us. It is wonderful that you are sending this to encourage Taunya! What a fun challenge she has issued, too -- I might have to check that out. Oscar will be in the email for you shortly! :-)

New Creations said...

Oh Kitty, I love that paper with a cutest image! So beautiful and your creation is so fresh, Adorable!

Beccy said...

Awwww, what a lovely card KT. I really like the beautiful soft colours on this one, and that image is adorable.
Cheers,
Beccy

Sherri said...

This is just such a super cute card! LOVE the image and that matching paper just makes the whole thing perfect! Anyone would be thrilled to pieces to receive this in the mail! I'm SO glad you could join us for this week's challenge at QKR Stampede!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Adorable card. Love the super cute snail image and the daisy background paper.

Regina said...

just adorable! The image is cute!
Regina*

ike said...

What a delightful card and I really LUV that cute little snail :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxxx

Unknown said...

Hello my Friend, right back at you, Kitty, love this card hun, so cute, hugs xxx

brenda said...

A lovely fresh feel to your pretty card Kitty, perfect for this morning as it's raining here in the UK.

B x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Kitty thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne x
IDCB DT

Unknown said...

Such a well thought out card and those daisies are gorgeous xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kitty, such lovely fresh colours.
Pauline
x

Donna said...

This is adorable and that background paper is perfect with your image!

Petra-loves-paper said...

great colourcombinations! thanks for joining october challenge, Petra DT Beccy's Place

Monika Reeck said...

this image so so cuute Kitty
I adore how you colored it and I love tha daisy flower
you made a really great card with this image
I love love love this much dear Kitty
I will join too I hope I still have the time will catch up your card and will go to my desk making card hehe

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute and pretty. Great colours and layout.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So awesome! I love all the daisies and the whimsy of this card.

Annette Allen said...

so totally cute.. great coloring.. that image is adorable

Tracey said...

Super cute image......love the papers, really nice card!

Mervi said...

Cute and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!
Welcome again;-))m

Kathy D. said...

I love how homemade cards can be so personal. You can tell you made this with your friend in mind to encourage her which makes this card extra special.
Thanks for playing in our WCMD challenge! Don't forget to join our Digi of the Month Challenge.
Kathy D.
Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

Pia S said...

What a cute snail, nothing like the disgusting slimy things I see everywhere after rain.... Adding lots of daisies to your card is a nice personal touch as the recipient loves them.

suzARTe said...

This is such a cheerful and happy card, I love the main image and the flowers look so pretty. So nice being back on your blog again Kitty and thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes October link-up, Just keep on creating

Leanne said...

Great job, love that background paper and the image is so cute, wonderful job and thanks for playing our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Leanne DT
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! That is the cutest image!! I love the design and the colors!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rae Ann said...

Such an adorable snail and I love the matching paper. The cheerful colors are perfect and I am sure she will love it.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.