Monday, October 12, 2015

Cornucopia and The Hop to Stop

Hello, everyone!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Created by Terrie - thank you for joining me!

I'm back again today to join The Hop to Stop for domestic violence awareness. Purple is the colour for domestic violence awareness, so I have been making a lot of purple cards lately.  I explained my connection to this issue here.  My card features the October Stamp of the Month from From the Heart Stamps called Cornucopia, which I coloured with Prismacolor pencils.


I was following this week's sketch at i {heart} sketches (see below) but just realized that I should have angled the image. All the elements are there so I hope it passes muster.

Sketch121

The purple patterned paper is from MHK Designs (I won this, thank you, Mynn!). It's from the Pawsitively Purrfect Paper Pack. Mynn is one of the sponsors of The Hop to Stop. Behind the image, I layered some Echo Park striped paper and a scrap of jute.  I die-cut the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks sentiment and Top Dog Dies cat from a purple scrap.  I layered the sentiment onto fun foam to give it some dimension.  I added googly eyes and a hand-drawn face to the cat.  I finished off the card by adding several purple gems.

One in three women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes. Just think about it... that's 33% of all the women you meet. Please become informed about domestic violence, its impacts, and available resources. You can visit the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence for more information. Canadians can find out more here.  I hope to see you at The Hop to Stop to support this important issue. 


I would also like to join the following challenges: Beccy's Place October AG UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper October AG; Fan-Tastic Tuesday Two Patterned Papers 3/4; HIMCR Super Scraps Saturday (scraps used for die-cuts and jute) 1/3; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Just Keep on Creating AG UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; One Stitch at a a Time AG with Awareness (Domestic Violence Awareness) UE; Pixie's Snippet Playground Snippets used for die-cuts and jute 1/3; Scrapbook Blessings Club AG Use Digi Stamps Only UE; Sweet Stamps October AG UE;  The Daily Marker - Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge Day 12; The Paper Girls Food 3/3; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 4/5
challenge_graphic-4-animated-650-october

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

40 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute. Again....there's always room for a kitty!

Unknown said...

Another fabby make, Kitty, love the image and your detail and of course the added signature cat, hugs xxx

New Creations said...

Love this purple cat with googly eyes, lovely image, another great creation Kitty!

Far North said...

What a fun card with too cute of a cat with googly eye and delightful expression! Thanks for sharing and supporting the Hop to Stop!

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card!!!
LOVE your PRETTY PURPLE kitty, great colouring on your cornucopia too!!!

Mimi said...

Such a lovely creation Kitty, fab with the addition of the hessian too :) :) Thank you for joining us this fortnight at OSAAT and we hope to see lots more of you super artwork :)

brenda said...

Beautiful rich and vibrant colours Kitty and the added hessian adds a lovely dimension.

B x

LesleyG said...

Kure kitty kard kornukopia, and such a good kause xxx

LesleyG said...

Kute not kure.... Wish predictive was never invented lol

marion said...

sweet and lovely, hope you had a lovely weekend, lots of hugs and love, cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

Unknown said...

lovely card n worthycause ...keep crafting Kitty x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, gorgeous colours and you cat looks so cute with his googly eyes.
Pauline
x

suzARTe said...

This is such a lovely card, I love the way you have coloured in the main image and the purple cat and lettering looks great. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another awesome creation for a worthy cause sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Barb said...

What a sweet little kitty with is googly eyes and happy smile. The burlap backing looks great and I really like the stamp you've used. Barbxx

Becca Cruger said...

Well this is just stinkin' cute, Kitty. I'm thankful for YOU as a friend. :) Thanks for linking up to the Hop to Stop!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Wonderful make in purple, so vibrant! The juta layer looks great! Love this cornucopia, the gorgous paper and the design, and above all I love your kitty....!! He (she?) is so cute and fun with the googling eyes and the sweet hand-made smile!!
Wonderful card, my sweet friend!

tiffelijah said...

such a cute halloween card, the cornicopia is well colored!

Eve said...

Hi Kitty
thank your for entering the playground with your fabulous card.
I love that cute cat and the jute adds a lovely texture to your card.
Eve xx

Kuni said...

Lovely card Kitty, i love it.
Hugs
Kuni

Pia S said...

It's a lovely image and you colored it so well. I really like your use of textures on this card and that purple cat is a cute and fun detail.

Monika Reeck said...

I love that Image too Kitty
and lovely color there so feeling fall
and the kitty oh so cuuutee
lovely texture the burlap and I love the thanks in Purple
you know I am fan of purple..
love this card my sweet friend
I will be missing you if you are on repaired your home...
see you maybe around sweety
maybe Brian can buy you a smartphone and can catch up blog from there sweety..
just a wish hehe
hugs, Monika

Fikreta said...

very nice card! love it!
hugs

Fikreta said...

me again!
Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnutus!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.

Donna said...

What a sweet card, like the purple with your cornucopia and your burlap, fun card!

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Cute card, thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Jerrie said...

What great cards you have created for this hop to stop DV! I love the pumpkins and all the goodness in the cornicopia. Love your burlap and cat on the side!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card, love the burlap!

Thank you for playing along with us at FTHS!!

Hugs,
Kelly

Imke said...

Great Card, Kitty ! Like the burlap and the purple.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month October Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 121 @ From the Heart Stamps !

Cathy said...

adorable card, thanks for sharing with us at HIMCR challenge,'Cathy DT

Jerrie said...

Hi KT (I could not find your name) I would like to send you a card from the hop to stop. If you would email me your address to jerriejabber@yahoo.com I will put it in the mail. Hugs, Jerrie

Anonymous said...

Fab card - love the purple :-) Thank you for joining us at From the Heart Stamps in our Stamp of the Month and I (heart) sketches with a tWiSt challenge!

Beccy said...

I love the googly eyes on the cat KT, very cute! I also like the addition of the piece of burlap behind the image panel... that's a great idea for adding texture. The cornucopia image is fabulous and you did a great job with the colouring. Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the cornucopia and the cute kitty!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Kitty the card is perfect, even with it not angled. Love the colors and great accents choices too. Thanks for joining us at FTH Sketch and SOTM Challenge.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty!

Thank you for participating in the OSAAT "Anything Goes with Awareness" Challenge!

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous great job Kitty xxx

Craftdee said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card in Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge
Hope to see you in our next challenge too, Donna ☺

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful, creative and very meaningful thank you card!!! SO awesome!!!