Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Haunts and the Hop to Stop

Hello, everyone!  This is my final card for The Hop to Stop in support of domestic violence awareness.  It's been an emotional hop for me as I explained here, but it's enabled some healing I think. I encourage you to check out the purple beauties over at the hop. You still have a couple days to join; the hop closes on Wednesday at 12 noon CST.

None of my hop cards have focused on domestic violence or survival.  I just went with purple, which is the colour for domestic violence awareness, and that's what I've done again today. I made another fun Halloween shaker card - I started the hop with a Halloween shaker and I'm ending it with a Halloween shaker!  For this one I used the three creepy cats from Beccy's Place - Witching Hour Set (I won these in Beccy's challenge last month - thank you, Beccy!).


I printed the images on watercolour paper, masked the eyes, and sponged distress inks (Shabby Shutters, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot) to create a spooky background.  I added water droplets and made some splatters with Black Soot and Dusty Concord mixed with water.  The sentiment is from Newton's Nook Spooky Street, and the shaker frame is die-cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. I added lot of sequins in black, silver, and various shades of purple.

Please become informed about domestic violence, its impacts, and available resources. You can visit the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence for more information. Canadians can find out more here.  I hope to see you at The Hop to Stop to support this important issue.


I would also like to join the following challenges: Allsorts No Design Papers 2/3; Artistic Inspirations AG Halloween UE; Aud Sentiments Halloween Sentiment 2/5; Beccy's Place October AG UE; CRAFT Autumn/Halloween 3/5; Craft Your Passion AG 1/3; Crafty Calendar Halloween 2/3; Crafty Girls Creations 3/3; Creative Corner Halloween 2/3; Creative Fingers AG 3/3; Dies R Us Halloween 2/3; Di's Digi Designs Too Cute to Spook 1/3; DL.ART October Linky UE 1/day; DRS Designs Spooky or Cutesy UE; Get Creative Halloween 2/3; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Just Keep on Creating AG UE; Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Animals 2/2; Left of Center Sketch or LOC theme UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; One Stitch at a a Time AG with Awareness (Domestic Violence Awareness) UE; Our Crafty Corner Getting Ready for Halloween 2/3; Paperbabe Stamps AG UE; Pile it On Funky and/or Freaky UE; Pixie's Snippet Playground Snippet used for purple frame and black cardstock 2/3; Scrapbook Blessings Club AG Use Digi Stamps Only UE; Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Beginning with S (sequins, shaker, spooky) UE; Sweet Stamps October AG UE; The Corrosive The Dark Side 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

53 comments:

brenda said...

This is an adorable shaker card Kitty and the colours a combination that I very much like.

I am pleased that the Hop has helped you get some emotions out of your system.

B x

Hetty said...

What a great shaker card,kittyand those cats are super. A fun card for such a sad information,but important to keep being aware. As a teacher I know how important itis.

Kuni said...

Wonderful shaker card Kitty.
Hugs
Kuni

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card
you know I love it because this super cute cats!

Pia S said...

I'm a cat person, I'm afraid of dogs but never cats, but I'm not sure I would fancy meeting these, they look quite spooky. Which makes them perfect for a Halloween card. Beautiful mix of sequins, I love shaker cards!!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Kitty I adore that cat image
so cool on your card
and lovely Shaker card you made
I never made shaker card
because I dont like bulky card but I love to see it
great all your purple card my friend
big hugs
Monika

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, these cats are so spooky!! Love your ink background, it's wonderful! And this is a great shaker card perfect for hallowen!
I'm so happy that the Hop have helped you to healt yourself, my friend! You have made a lot of fabulous works for it!!

Eve said...

Hello again Kitty!
Thank you for entering the playground with another fabulous card.
The background that you have created is just perfect and I love all of those sparkly sequins.
Eve xx

Unknown said...

My goodness that is one awesome shaker card for halloween! I love it's spookiness, and that glow edge around the cats, that add to the atmospheric haunting feel! P.S. keep up your amazing work with The Hop to Stop xx

Sue said...

Fab halloween shaker card ! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx

Andrea W said...

Those kitties are definitely SPOOKY! Another fun Halloween card.

suzARTe said...

This shaker Halloween card is great Kitty, I love the colours and the cat spooky cat images are very cool as well. Thanks so much for sharing your cards at Anything goes,Just keep on creating. I always enjoy seeing your entries.

Jerrie said...

EEK! Another scary card!! Just kidding! I love shaker cards and you have made a fantastic one!

New Creations said...

Love this adorable shaker card, the background is glowing so well with darkness! Stunning always!

Lisa said...

omg... biggest shaker yet... love it! Those spooky cats are pretty cool too...

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooooo! Spooky! Those cats are super Halloweeny! Kitty, I can't thank you enough for all of your support for the Hop to Stop. Sending BIG HUGS your way!

Annette Allen said...

the cutest shaker.. those cats are too cool

Unknown said...

Oh Kitty, I am a survivor of domestic abuse, and I am so glad that this hop, has helped you, your cards have been fabulous...much love my friend xxxx

Brenda said...

WOW! This is an amazing treat for the eyes! Sending big hugs! Thanks for joining us this week for CRAFT Challege. Brenda

lavina agarwal said...

That's a beautiful shaker card..thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)

Lisa J said...

This is a great card. Those cats look like spooky shadows! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenge

Cyndie said...

I love these spooky cat stamps and your distress inking technique is perfect! Even though the cause is very serious it is energizing and fun to see what people create. xo

Glenda said...

I love everything about your card. Just too cute! Thanks for joining in our 'Get Your Boo On' challenge at Dies R Us!

tiffelijah said...

great card Kitty, Love the shaker, all the diffrent sequince you put in it are beautiful

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another gorgeous creation sweetie. You have done well in doing this hop for this very worthy cause. I hope it has help you too in some way. Bless you.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Nancy Richards said...

This is an adorable shaker! I love his the background seems to glow around the cats! thanks for sharing!

marion said...

your card is wonderfull as the kitty are in the background, lots of hugs and cuddles to your furbabys, Marion

Christine Harrop said...

Super shaker card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Get Creative this time. Good Luck. Christine DT

Darlene said...

OMG this is too cute! Thanks for inspiration on making a shaker card ... I never think to go that route! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘GET YOUR “BOO” ON’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Beccy said...

Another fabulous shaker card from you KT, love it! The background you made looks fantastic... I really like the way you spattered the water droplets on to give that mottled look. I also love your choice of colours for the sequins, they are perfect for Halloween.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lisa said...

Love the fabulous shaker card, Kitty!! The scene is awesome and spooky!! Perfect for Halloween!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is such a cool card- love the images, the sequins in the shaker & love all of the purple. Glad to meet you on this HOP!

T.L. Creations said...

Your card is AWESOME!! Every detail is absolutely perfect. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog and for helping to raise awareness for domestic violence. You ROCK!!

Michelle said...

Outstanding shaker card - love those spooky cats in the background - Michelle x

conil said...

Oooooh spooky kitties. Such a great shaker.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again next week. Helena DT xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such a cool shaker card with those spooky cats! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Suzy Bee's Bloomin challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Katy said...

Love your shaker card! Those cats are awesome! Purrrfect for Halloween :) Alos, thank you for leaving kind words on my blog :)

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome shaker card and your Background is awesome! Love the colors and the card. Thanks for sharing this with us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Hugz

raven said...

What a fantastic card..I do admit to loving the cats..I have 11 of my own..and most are black..lol. This is your second entry..and I have to say that they are both fantastic. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC. Good Luck. Genny DT xxx

Mummylade said...

This shaker card is fantastic, love the purple colour! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week!

Nikki Byrne said...

Fabulous card and cause! Love the cats. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at OSAAT and good luck. NIKKI DT

Crafty Judith said...

super kitty card Kitty crafty hugs Judith xxx

Unknown said...

Cool one. :)
Have a great day!

Sandy said...

Great shaker card, love it! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Leanne said...

Great shaker card! Those cats look like they're taking over! hahaha

This perfect for our current Aloha Friday Challenge with Kitty Bee Designs. Mahalo for joining us!

CraftingMum said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

Taunya Butler said...

This is so perfectly Purple and so spooky and cool!! Way to go - this really rocks!!!

Cindy said...

Great scary shaker card. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

This is a great spooky Halloween card ! thanks so much for playing with us at LOC, hope to see you next week !

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker card,love the spooky cats and sequins----Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner
Carol DT x

Olga Fink said...

I love shaker cards and I love cats! so this card is perfect!

aussie aNNie said...

Kitty, you won over at http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/sparkle-bling-embellish-with-crafty.html
xx  { aNNie}