Friday, October 30, 2015

Cat Lovers Hop (One Last Card!)

Hello, everybody!  I thought I was finished with the Cat Lovers Hop but I am sharing one more card! So sorry for the blitz of cat cards this week but I really wanted to support this hop! There are 98 entries so far (I just took a peek!) and I want to help Janis make it to 100, so I've actually gone into my craftroom for the first time in 3 weeks to make a card!  Still no news from the contractors about when they are starting our repairs.  When our electricity went out today, I took the opportunity to do some stamping!


Newton's Nook is one of the generous sponsors of the Cat Lovers Hop so I decided to make a card with some of my NN stamp sets.  I've been seeing a lot of stamped wreaths in blogland and I have been wanting to try this trend!


I started by drawing a circle in pencil (I traced around one of my circle dies).  Then I started stamping snowflakes from the following Newton's Nook sets: Beautiful Blizzard, Newton's Holiday Mischief, Winter Tails, and Newton's Curious Christmas. I also used two of my older snowflake stamps (The Old Island Stamp Company and Inkadinkado). The inks used were: Brilliance Pearlescent Coral, Vivid Soft Pink, Simon Says Stamp Mint, Brilliance Pearlescent Lime, and Memento Bahama Blue. Here's what my card looked like when I started.  Either my SSS Mint ink is going dry or it is a very pale ink, so I switched to a different green.


I stamped Newton from the Hanging Around set in Pumice Stone Distress Ink (black seemed too dark for this card) and I coloured him with watercolor markers.  I fussy-cut Newton's head and paws and popped him up on foam tape with his tail behind. I was going to have his body hanging from the wreath but I couldn't achieve the look I wanted.  I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Blizzard in Memento Bahama Blue.

On a top-folded notecard, I added two strips of washi tape on the left edge (I won the sparkly washi - thank you, Tracey!).  I trimmed the stamped panel and layered it onto the card base and then finished the card by adding several sequins.

My colour inspiration came from the Inky Paws Challenge over at the Newton's Nook Blog.

#inkypaws Challenge 26 - Color Challenge | Newton's Nook Designs

It's not too late - if you are quick, you can still join the Cat Lovers Hop!  The fun ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. 

I would also like to join these 2 challenges:
7 Kids College Fund AG UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 5/5


Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

25 comments:

Fikreta said...

super cute card!
love this inkpad on paws! cute!
hope you will soon hear news from the contractors !
hugs

Lisa Lynn said...

Adorable

New Creations said...

Wow, I love this awesome snowflake wreath in soft colors, purr-fest for Newton! Love this sweet creation!

Michele said...

wish i'd known about this sooner so i could have played along! but i love what you've made! xo

D.Ann C said...

Newton looks so happy there! I love that sentiment!!

Olga Fink said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful card 😊 I love the idea of using snowflakes as a wreath! Very inspiring and I will try it myself 😊😊

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!! Love this supercute card! It make me so paceful! Love so much your snowflake wreath! It's just a genial idea, I will try this!
The sleeping kitten is a delightful! I love all the kittens by Newton's Nook and this is no an exception!! So cute and sweet with light colours! Great inspiration, Kitty!
Hugs and love. I'm so sorry to hear that still no news from the contractors! :( I hope they will begin the repair soon!! You can't ask notice to someone?

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty and cute Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Rachel Parys said...

So adorable!! Love the snowflake wreath, and the kitten in the middle! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Kitty, a cute image and lovely pastel colours.
Pauline
x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Kitty!! I love the sweet little cat!! The snowflake wreath is so awesome!! And I love the strip of sparkle along the side!! I hope your power comes back on soon and everything gets fixed!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Barb said...

The wreath works really well Kitty. A very pretty card and I love those fresh colours with the little grey kitty. Barbxx

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty - great job on that wreath. I, too, have been wanting to try the wreath trend going on; I started a card, but had to make some cat cards instead. haha

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, amazing wreath and this adorable kitty is the perfect adornment for it!

Gail said...

I love the colour combo- such an original mix - love the sentiment and the cute kitty.

mandysea said...

Oh my this is just stunning! Love how you created this beautiful wreath for your kitty to sit in... wow - the colours are so pretty and serene!

Kuni said...

Lovely card Kitty.
Hugs
Kuni

Pia S said...

All the different colored snowflakes make up a beautiful wreath, Kitty. And the kitten peeping out from it is so sweet, as is the sentiment. A lovely card!

Monika Reeck said...

yay so many colors for the snowflakes and so soft too Kitty
and I love that bling paper at the left side
and this Image ooh sooo cuuutee I love newtons nook CUTE CAT Image
and your card so sweeet my dear
love this!!

ike said...

Ooooh - the wreath is soooo pretty and I just adore that little Newton :-D Super Fab card Kitty :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

Janis said...

I LOVE how you used so many different sizes and color of snowflakes for Newton's wreath!! The colors are just so pretty and go so well with little gray tabby Newton. He's adorable nestled in there.
Thanks so much for linking this up in the Cat Hop!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP EXTENDED!
Last day to LINK: Nov. 1. Last day to COMMENT: Nov. 3. HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

Petra Swart said...

Love your beautiful snowflake wreath in the pretty colours, Kitty!!! The glitter strip at the side is so beautiful and the little Newton is so cute!!!! The sequins round it off perfectly!!! So pretty!!!
Hugz

Gayatri said...

Very pretty card. Love the kitty! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is gorgeous! I love the pink, blue, and teal wreath with the kitty on the bottom! So adorable! The added silver sparkle gives it the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.
- Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

Lisa said...

Oh my... how sweet this is! I just got my Newton's Nook coffee set... you're getting all the blame for that purchase...I mean... credit :) ... LOVE this card....