Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cat Lovers Hop - Day 4 (Kiwi Bonjour)

Hello, everyone! I'm back again today with another card for the Cat Lovers Hop! Thank you to Janis at Her Peaceful Garden for organizing this fun hop!  Guidelines and FAQ can be found here. I hope you will join! You have until tomorrow - Friday, October 30, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.


I've been on a blog break and haven't had any time for crafting, but I remembered some cards I made a while back that I haven't shared on my blog. They are my "Honeydew and Kiwi" collection - it's a set of 12 cards, each one featuring either Honeydew or Kiwi (my cats).  I shared one of the cards from the set prior to the hop - you can see it here.  I have chosen 5 cards from this set to share this week in addition to the cards I already have scheduled! This is the fourth one. I want to support the Cat Lovers Hop as much as I can - I am hoping it's a huge success and that it will become an annual event!


This card features Kiwi and he's done a bit of travelling!  I covered the card front with patterned paper.  I stamped the French Village and greeting (both All Night Media) on kraft and layered with black and then green cardstock.  I stamped the French address onto the patterned paper. I fussy-cut Kiwi from a photo and popped up with foam tape. I finished the card with some puffy acrylic butterfly stickers.

I think this card fits well with Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge, where the theme is Butterflies plus N for Numbers. The stamped address contains numbers, as does the patterned paper, so I am linking up over there as well.

I hope you head over to the Cat Lovers Hop and join in!

I would also like to join these 3 challenges:

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

28 comments:

Karenladd said...

Oh, I am loving this series of cards with your adorable Kiwi and and Honeydew photos!! Kiwi looks right at home as he poses for a selfie while touring the continent!!!

New Creations said...

Oh! How cute! Love this selfie creation travelling to the french village! Your Kiwi is just adorable in this pic!

Hetty said...

This is such a wonderful idea odf sharing your cats on the card. Love the travel theme!

Kuni said...

This is so beautiful Kitty.
Hugs
Kuni

Lisa Lynn said...

What a cute traveler. You really have been creative with your cards.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, another stunning beauty!! Love your layered collage and the back papers matches perfectly with Kiwi's eyes! Amazing both :) Great landscape! The butterfly is so pretty!
Have a great day, my dear friend! Hugs!

Barb said...

What a stunning card Kitty. It's a genius idea that you've come up with to showcase your two beautiful cats in different venues. Barbxx

Fikreta said...

what a great card
you make great scene behind Kiwi
have a nice day

Tami said...

Oh a cute travelling kitty. Thanks for sharing. Here from the cat hop

mandysea said...

Kiwi looks perfectly layered over the top of the background of paris... definitely a well travelled kitty!

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness your cats are doing selfies now! Lol. Fabulous idea and love thee content. Thankyou for fluttering by#41 again. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Ellis said...

Cute kitty card, KT! hugs, de

D.Ann C said...

Love, love, love your Honeydew & Kiwi collection!! I especially like the small black edge before the bright green... a perfect frame for Kiwi and that gorgeous stamp! And I second that vote for a yearly event!!!

jimlynn said...

Another pretty kitty card! Kiwi looks like she's ready to grab the suitcase and head out. Such a lovely, lovely card.
Lynn

marion said...

ohhh love it, it is such a wonderfull pic of a very special boy, love it. He sits promenantly on your card as his place is . Lots of hugs and love to you and cuddles and perhaps a treat for your furbabys, Marion

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Kitty, a pretty scene.
Pauline
x

Taunya Butler said...

Another PURRfect card with great details and awesomeness!!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is a very pretty card! Love the papers & stamp you chose.

Monika Reeck said...

Bon Giorno Kitty
I really love that Background
remind me the time we were in Venice last september Kitty
great DP
sweet Kitty and lovely layout
beautifully made my friend

KraftyKoolKat said...

All of these cards are awesome daily. I don't know where you think up all these fantastic backdrops from.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

ike said...

An adorable card Kitty - I LUV this set :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

Petra Swart said...

It is really so special to have pics of your darlings on your cards, Kitty!!! And sweet Kiwi looks as if he is really posing for the photo!!! I always struggle to take nice photo's of our siamese, Timothy - he never wants to look at the camera for long enough - by the time I've got him in focus he turns his head again!!! Love the bg you've created - the patterned paper is lovely and the stamped image and address such a good idea!!! The butterflies are so sweet!!!! Beautifully done!!!
Hugz

jenn shurkus said...

so creative to use a picture of your kitty :) love all the embossing!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Pia S said...

I really love this set! Here's another fab one, I really love your choice of stamps and how the look with the photos. Brilliant!

Fikreta said...


Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.

Janis said...

Kitty, I have been so inspired by your kitty photo cards!!! I just love the imaginative settings you make for them. This sophisticated world traveler looks very debonair!!
Thanks so much for linking up with us during the hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP EXTENDED! Last day to LINK: Nov. 1. Last day to COMMENT: Nov. 3. HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

Sue D said...

I like the travel theme for Kiwi and the butterfly sticker.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

weim house said...

Cool! :) So creative! Thanks for inspiring! and a reminder that I have that stamp too! :) and a thank you for your awesome comments! Have a great evening too! :)