Sunday, October 11, 2015

Glitter n Sparkle DT - Use Some Pink (and Candy Winner)

Hello, everyone!  It's Sunday, so that means there's a new challenge starting today over at Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog! This week we would like you to Use Some Pink. This is a fun one for me - pink is my favourite colour!  I used an adorable image called Mini Snowman from Glitterbabe at The Stamping Boutique, and I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils.


I decided to make a shaker card - they are so fun!  I began by die-cutting a large snowflake (Penny Black) from white cardstock and then embossed it with Darice Snowflakes.  I added some beautiful ribbon from Crafty Ribbons that I won last year (thank you, Crafty Ribbons!).  I stamped the sentiment from Whimsy Stamps in Brilliance Pearlescent Coral and die-cut into a stitched tag (La-La Land).  Lastly I filled the shaker with sequins from my stash.

Please come over and join us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Use Some Pink challenge. We have some fabulous prizes up for grabs again this week! 

Candy Winner

As promised, I would like to announce the winner of the candy I offered during the Glitter n Sparkle Birthday Blog Hop (pictured below). And the winner is...

11. bad kitty

Congratulations, Bad Kitty!  Woohoo!  You have won two Little Darlings Rubber Stamps shown below!  I will put them in the mail to you on Tuesday!  (Monday is a holiday here.)


I would also like to join the following challenges: A Snowflake's Promise AG Christmas/Winter 1/3; Allsorts No Design Papers 1/3; Beccy's Place October AG UE; Craft Rocket Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness 1/3; Craft-Dee BowZ AG with Handmade Bow UE; Crafty Catz Embossing 1/3; Crafty Girls Creations 2/3; Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra AG UE; Crafty Ribbons Christmas Carols (Let it Snow) with Ribbon UE; Creative Fingers AG 2/3; Crimbo Crackers Pink UE; DL.ART October Linky UE 1/day; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Jingle Belles Pink Christmas; Just Keep on Creating AG UE; Lauralcraft Dragonfly Dreams Ribbons and Bows UE; Let's Craft and Create Ribbon or Twine 1/3; Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday 1E; Natalie and Amy's Snow People 2/3; Not Just Cards AG UE; UE; One Stitch at a a Time AG with Awareness (Pink or Awareness) UE; Paperbabe Stamps AG UE; Papertake Weekly AG 5/5; Penny's Paper Crafty AG 3/3; Scrapbook Blessings Club AG Use Digi Stamps Only UE; Send a Smile 4 Kids Early Holiday Wishes 4 Kids 3/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Clean and Simple Christmas 1/5; Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Beginning with S (snow, snowflake, snowman, sequins, shaker) UE; Sweet Stamps October AG UE; The Daily Marker - Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge Day 11; The Outlawz Saturday PAM Girly (snowgirl) 1E; The Ribbon Girl Anything Goes Any Image; The Stamping Boutique Facebook Group AG UE; The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up Christmas Optional Card for a Child 3/3 (FT); Tuesday Morning Sketches See Sketch Below UE; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 3/5

challenge_graphic-4-animated-650-october

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

66 comments:

KandA said...

Gorgous card Kitty. It looks so festive with the snowflake shaker and super snowman xx

brenda said...

A gorgeous Christmas shaker card Kitty and such a bright and happy snowman. Afraid I can't read the small print of your challenge list, but if you have not entered into Allsorts, then this wold be perfect.

Enjoy your Sunday.

B x

New Creations said...

How cute! Love this Snowflake shaker one with wonderful embossing! The snowman is so cute in pink, lovely idea!

Tracey said...

So pretty n pink.....beautiful shaker card!

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh this is adorable! I love the shaker sparkle!

Fikreta said...

card is very nice!
love it!
happy me ! thank you !
have a nice day!

Barb said...

What an adorable shaker card. That snowman is so cute. Barbxx

terrie said...

Kitty, this card is super cute...the snowman image is perfect in the snowflake shaker card....
I like it a lot....well done my friend.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Kitty! A snowflake window with a snowman and pink, it doesn't get any better than that!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Super cute shaker
Cheers
Dr Sonia

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cute and pretty creation Kitty. He looks a very happy chappie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

suzARTe said...

Shaker cards are always fun, I love this card with all the pretty embellishments. Thanks so much Kitty for sharing your card at Anything goes, just keep on creating. I always enjoy seeing your cards ☺☺

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kitty, a fabulous shaker design.
Pauline
x

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. You do so well with pencils - I have a fear of them. Your shaker card is so much fun! And they always impress people, hehe.

Monika Reeck said...

I am happy get your update per Enail...now about your card..clever opening of your shaker card...sweet pink bow ribbon too...awesome made dear...big hugs n happy sunday...oh congrats for bad Kitty won at KT Fit Kitty blog yeah lucky you ♡

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute shaker! Love the adorable snowman and snowflake window!

Pia S said...

Purple is my favorite color, but pink has grown on me lately. This little creation is lovely, whatever the colors, because I love shaker cards and I love the snowflake shaped opening, clever!

Laura said...

This is so pretty Kitty!
I love the sparkle of the sequins
Thanks so much for joining in Crafty Ribbons Christmas Carols challenge!
Laura

Jacee said...

This is a very pretty card, a great idea!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

jimlynn said...

So pretty! Love the way the snowman is inside the snowflake. Very creative!
Lynn

Unknown said...

Oh I love the snowman in the snowflake - cool shaker card xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the snowman peeking out from behind the embossed panel!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Liz said...

Fabulous shaker card, I love the design. xx

UTs Hobby Time said...

Fantastic creation. The pink and white combination is outstanding.

Camille Short said...

I love that you made the snowflake a shaker card.

Andrea W said...

Such a happy snowman card! Your bow looks awesome and I love the shaker design.

Beccy said...

Awesome shaker card KT, I love that cute snowman! I really like the idea of using a snowflake shape for the "window". Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Stampsnob. said...

Really cute Love the BLING Thanks for playing at Craft rocket Challenge....Lis

Annette Allen said...

aww what a sweet card.. i love the snowflake shaker..

Elizabeth Hart said...

I LOVE this shaker card - so festive and pretty for the winter. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Unknown said...

Utterly fab, love the cute snowman, great work, hugs xxx

katieo said...

love the way you framed the cute snowman with a giant snowflake, Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful ThursdayAnything Goes October Linky Challenge.
KatieO
DL.ART-DT member

ike said...

Great shaker card and lovely colouring :-)
CONGRATS to Bad Kitty - I am sure she will love those cuties :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

marion said...

what a lovely wintercard, so sweet, lots of hugs and love, xoxo Marion

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Kitty thank you for joining us over on Crafty Catz
Dianne x
CC DT

Dee said...

Love your snowman shaker card! So clever with the die cut snowflake and so pretty in pink!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely comment.

Unknown said...

This is just about the sweetest snowflake card I have ever seen, perfect in pink. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 204th AG challenge!
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Stacey said...

Gorgeous card - love this image and that bow is just perfect! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
Creative Fingers DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I totally love this pink snowman card! And the shaker in a snowflake - HELLO! Such a great design! :)

Sheryl said...

I love the snowflake aperture on this shaker card. I like the idea of pink as an alternative to the usual winter colours. Great use of embossing in your design. Good to have you join us at Natalie and Amy's this month. Hugs Sheryl DT xx

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful shaker card!! Love that snowman! Cute design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

SmilynStef said...

What a fun shaker card ... I love the iridescent sequins ... so glad you joined our PINK for the holidays at Jingle Belles.

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, I really like the cut out snowflake you've used the shaker card.
Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

Hugs, Lori m
littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
DL.ART DT Member


Diane said...

Fun card!

lauren bergold said...

what a super-fun holiday shaker card, i love that the window is snowflake-shaped! thanks for rockin' pink xmas with us at JINGLE BELLES!!! ♥

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome shaker card, I love the embossed snowflakes and how the snowman looks in the snowflake cut out. Thank you for joining us in this months blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the shaker design!! The snowman is so sweet!! Fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card !
Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create Challenges blog and Good Luck !
Maryvonne , DT Member

lalkygirl said...

What a cute card kitty love the little snowman
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck in the challenge
Tracey X

susiestacey said...

Lovely shaker card, l like the way you have used the snowflake die.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'No Design Papers' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Mummylade said...

This is so very adorable! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week!

Darlene said...

This is beautiful Kitty! I've been looking for a snowflake opening that size and haven't been successful. Can you tell me the number of the die you used for the snowflake? You can email me at akadafney@yahoo.com. Thanks

Gail said...

I like snowmen and your card!
Thank you for joining the DLART Thankful Thursday October Linky Challenge - Have a blessed day!
Gail Scott http://DL.ART DT member
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Lisa J said...

This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

Nikki Byrne said...

Beautiful card and image. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at OSAAT and good luck. NIKKI DT

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 101 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this for my CHNC extra October challenge. x

Unknown said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing your project at Lets Craft & Create challenge Mary DT x

Marianne said...

Love this. Maybe I should try my hand at another shaker card for the current JB challenge...

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, that is so sweet! thanks for playing along with Craft Rocket

Tanya R. said...

I really like your snowflake die cut for the window. What a great idea.

Nancy said...

Beautiful shaker card! You've entered some wonderful projects in our October Challenge!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

Taunya Butler said...

This card is so beautiful and I LOVE the pink!! You have amazed and delighted me with this card!!!

The Craft Princess said...

Your card is soooooo creative and adorable!!! I love it!!! And pink is my favorite color :) Hugs...Janie

Ammaris Art said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create! Good luck!
Catherine DT

Cindy Groh said...

This is so cute.