Friday, October 30, 2015

Cat Lovers Hop - Day 5 (Honeydew Friendship)

Hi, everyone! I'm back again today with another card for the Cat Lovers Hop! Is anyone else sad that this is the final day of the hop?!  I am so thankful to Janis at Her Peaceful Garden for organizing this fun hop!  I really enjoyed myself this week and saw some great kitty inspiration!  It's not over yet, so you still have time to join - check out the guidelines and FAQ here.  The card I entered a few minutes ago was entry #94 - I would love to see the hop reach 100 entries before closing!  If I have a chance to enter one more, I will do it!


As I've mentioned before, I've been on a blog break and haven't had any time for crafting, but I remembered some cards I made a while back that I haven't shared on my blog. They are my "Honeydew and Kiwi" collection - it's a set of 12 cards, each one featuring either Honeydew or Kiwi (my cats).  I shared one of the cards from the set prior to the hop - you can see it here.  I have chosen 5 cards from this set to share this week in addition to the cards I already have scheduled, and this is the final one! So I hope you like kitty cards!  I want to support the Cat Lovers Hop as much as I can - I am hoping it's a huge success and that it will become an annual event!


This card features Honeydew! I stamped the cat trio (Stamp Oasis) on mustard cardstock, layered with black, and then adhered to a red card.  I stamped the sheet music (Stampington and Company) on a white scrap, tore, and adhered in upper right and lower left corners.  I fussy-cut Honeydew from a photo and popped up with foam tape. I heat-embossed the friendship sentiment (Kolette Hall) in white on a red scrap, fussy-cut, and layered with black cardstock, fussy-cut again, and popped up with foam tape.

I hope you head over to the Cat Lovers Hop and join in!

I would also like to join these 3 challenges:
DL.ART October Linky UE 1/day
Eureka Stamps Pets and Animals 1/3
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 4/5

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

25 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card KItty, such a lovely sentiment.
Pauline
x

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
Im happy to see you at this hop! I love your creations!
hugs

DIANA L. said...

This is so super cute I need to make a kitty card and enter it thanks for the reminder
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes OCTOBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm sad, because I haven't had any time to make a cat card to enter in this fab challenge! :(
I wish this will become an annual event, so I can make something in time.
You have made a lot of true beauties, and this is another pearl! Such a great scene! It remember me so much the Aristocats (eheheh.... I love this Disney cartoon as I was a little girl!...) at the point when there are the cat's jazz band! ...Each one want make jazz... :D Also Honedew... :D Fabulous!! The sentiment is a perfect touch!
Hugs and love, Kitty!

Hetty said...

I love all your cards. This one is a great one too. You have been very busy!
Wonderful background stamp!

Karenladd said...

I too am sad to see the Cat Lovers Hop end, but I'm sure that Janis would like to get back to her pre-Cat Hop responsibilities so all good things must end...sigh... That's just wonderful that you joined in even as you took a blog break, and I have loved seeing your Honeydew and Kiwi cards. This is one of my favorite out of that series, with the cat concert in the background and Honeydew acting oh so cool and unimpressed!

Lisa said...

So sweet and adorable my friend!! I love the kitties in the background!! Honeydew is so cute!! The sentiment is so beautiful!! I have three kitties...I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to participate in the hop. Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Barbara Godden said...

Love the background kitties, awesome picture of Honeydew, Fabulous card.

C. M. Taylor said...

I love the cats howling on the fence! What fun! TFS

D.Ann C said...

Well, Janis is only 3 away from 100, and I'm sure she'll top that before the night is out, so I'd say it was, indeed, a huge success! Wish I had to energy to do one more, but I'm just barely getting some comments in and calling it a day. It's been great fun.
I really do love your Honeydew and Kiwi sets and this card is no exception! That strip of music is the perfect finishing touch to your fun card! Be seeing you around blog-land once you return!!

Lin said...

Here I am again to comment on one of your kitty cards! I know that you have been a big part of this very successful hop! Thanks for sharing once again with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

New Creations said...

Well, this is a sweet creation, love the pic of Honeydew! You are so talented and featuring all the creations beautifully along this amazing hop!

Michele said...

so much fun! xo

Olga Fink said...

Honedew is so beautiful and lovely card, I especially like the background!

Lori m said...

Adorable, your kitty is so beautiful, beautiful card.Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

Hugs, Lori m
littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
DL.ART DT Member

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another lovely fun filled creation Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lisa Mensing said...

Great card! Love the stamped background, fun. Thanks for playing along at Eureka! Stamps Pets and/or Animals Challenge. Lisa DT

Barb said...

This is great Kitty. I actually laughed at that stamped background. Honeydew doesn't look impressed. It's a great fun card. Barbxx

Becca Yahrling said...

Very cute - your card and your darling Honeydew.

mandysea said...

Oh my my my! How fabulous does Honeydew look in front of the fabulous singing trio! (what a great stamp!!!!) in front of a full moon! Perfect for Halloween!

Pia S said...

The trio in the background make a great scene for your real life cat, so fun and brilliantly designed!

Monika Reeck said...

hihihi that background makes me smile Kitty so sweeeet
and the color combo is perfecto
lovely sentiment too Kitty
beautiful and lovely design my friend

Janis said...

Love that trio of cats singing in the moonlight....such a great image!! Love how you included the music paper. Your kitty is wondering how those cats could act with such indignity. Ha.
Thanks so much for linking up with us during the hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP EXTENDED! Last day to LINK: Nov. 1. Last day to COMMENT: Nov. 3. HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

ike said...

Ooooh - Honeydew - such a purrfect puss and that is one fabbo background :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

Petra Swart said...

Love that fun bg, Kitty!!!! And the little pieces of music and the sentiment really look great!!! The red card base is so perfect!!! Your sweet Honeydew is so beautiful!!! Another cute kittie card, Kitty!!!!
Hugz