Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Word of the Year: Love

Hello, everyone, I'm back again today.  I've had enough of the sympathy cards and I wanted to make something cheerful.  Just look at these little cutie-pies - this image is called Spikey Friend and it's from one of my favourite artists, Diane Carubia of Di's Digistamps.  The thought bubble is from Squigglefly - it's a freebie over there and it was exactly what I was looking for here.  The word "love" inside the bubble is from Paper Smooches.


I coloured the image with my Prismacolor pencils, die-cut into a circle, and mounted on a heart-themed cupcake wrapper.  I added a number of glittery hearts, two heart charms, and some heart-themed ribbon, all from Dollarama.  The twine is from American Craft, and the polka-dot paper is from MME.

I made this card specifically for these three challenges:

1.  Berry71bleu One Little Word.  My word for 2014 is love - love of my family, my friends, my beautiful cats, and most of all myself - this is the difficult one, the one I struggle with, but I will be working on it in 2014, so thank you for the reminder.  UE C3

2.  Digi Designs Spots and Dots 3E #3

3.  Squigglefly Have a Heart 1E

Thank you for looking at my card - I look forward to reading your comments.  Wishing you a joyful day!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous and so sweet...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge and using one of Di's images :)
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Aww this is adorable!!!! Love it!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Adorable! I love Diane's images and you have coloured this wonderfully! Thanks so much for playing along in our Have a Heart challenge at Squigglefly!

DIANA L. said...

Super cute card that is one of my favorite words to. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

marion said...

very very sweet, hugs, marion

Unknown said...

Hi Kitty, oh this is just adorable, love the bear, papers ribbon and in particular your colours...a little wow factor.xxxx

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute! Love that image and your Squigglefly speech bubble is perfect for this card. Great Valentine's card - thanks for joining us at Squigglefly.

Holly Young said...

Absolutely adorable! I love your coloring on the fuzzy little bear. Wonderful embellishments! Thanks so much for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Patti said...

SWEET! how clever to use the cupcake paper!! I love it! and your ADORABLE images : )

Dana Tatar said...

Adorable card! I love the glittery hearts. Thanks for joining the challenge at Berry71Bleu!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card and gorgeous image!
Thanks for joining Di's Digi Designs Challenge this time.
Lorraine x

Denise van Deventer said...

Super sweet card...love the hearts and beary image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)