Sunday, January 12, 2014

Deepest Sympathy Flower B&W

Hello, everyone.  I'm back today with a third sympathy card, another one for my parents' stash.  I used two floral images from Crafty Secrets, from their Flower Garden set; the sympathy sentiment is a clear stamp from Hero Arts from their Everyday Sayings set.  


I followed this sketch at Sketch Saturday:

Here are the stamps used (links to purchase are above):  


Here are the other supplies used:
  • Ribbon:  May Arts
  • Cardstock:  Stampin' Up, Staples
  • Embossing folder:  Sorry I don't have the name; I was given some embossed panels
  • Vellum, gems:  Dollar store
I would like to enter the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero One and Four (one Hero Arts stamp, four gems) UE C5
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage January Linky Party 4E #4
One Sweet Challenge Black and White 1E
Sketch Saturday Sketch (see above) 3E #1
Winter Wonderland Monochrome 3E #3

Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments.  Wishing you a joyful day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kitty now my favourite kind of card, but this is so very elegant hun, love and hugs xxx

ps fixed my printer...yeah, saved myself some pennies xxx

Unknown said...

Sometimes you need such a card. It's not fun, but I know it is well appreciated from the reciever. The card is very elegant. Thank you for entering your special card at One Sweet Challenge "Black and White". We wish you good luck and hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

marion said...

Lovely card for such a less pleasent life occasion, love the colour combo and the images are perfect for this card, hugs, Marion

Debi said...

So great with the black on white and white on black images. Did you use pigment ink?
I find,with some stamps, you almost need pigment to get such a nice image.
Only 5 challenges? Must have been bedtime for you!
Wonderful card. Your parents will love this one.
Hugs, Debi

brenda said...

Black and White always looks so smart and elegant Kitty.

B x

Fran said...

Beautiful, popping in from the Stamping Dragons Group FB Blog ladder xxx

Donna Ellis said...

A lovely and classy card, KT, so pretty, and your parents will love it. It is thoughtful for you to share your cards like that. Handmade cards are especially meaningful when it comes to Sympathy. hugs, de

Patti said...

I LOVE this card!! I may just have to "lift" this idea! : )

Cathy P said...

Lovely card, KT. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with us again this week at Sketch Saturday.
Hugs, Cathy xx

Macarena said...

Wow! Beautiful. I've never done a Sympathy card and your is very elegant!
Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Saturday.
Hugs, Marzena, DT