Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Sympathy

Hello, everyone, I'm back again today.  As I was going through the sympathy cards I made for my parents' stash, I realized there were a couple I hadn't posted here on my blog.  This card features a freebie image from Beccy's Place.  The sentiment is a wood-mount stamp from The Old Island Stamp Company.  I added a torn page out of an old dictionary that I picked up at the thrift store.



I would like to enter the following challenges:

  1. 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes (I didn't use optional twist) 3E #2
  2. Beccy's Place Use Beccy's Place image UE
  3. Country View Monochromatic UE
  4. Crafty Cardmakers Black and White UE C15
  5. DRS Designs So Sorry UE
  6. Eureka Stamps Anything Goes 3E #1
  7. Izazovi i slatkisi Challenges and Candies Monochrome 3E #1
  8. Let's Craft and Create Make It Masculine (I think this is more of a masculine card because of the colours and the image) UE
  9. MFP Speedy TV Use Newspaper or Page from a Book 5E #1
  10. Milk Coffee Monochrome 3E #1
  11. Oldie but a Goodie Recycle (I recycled a torn page from an old dictionary from the thrift store.  My other old item is the wood-mount sentiment stamp - I've had this for over 8 years) 3E #2
  12. One Stitch at a Time White + one other colour (I went with black) 3E #1
  13. Paper Creator's Crafts Anything Goes 3E #3
  14. Through the Craftroom Door Always Anything Goes 2E #1
  15. Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes with Uplifting Sentiment 5E #2

Thank you for looking at my card - I look forward to reading your comments.  Wishing you a joyful day!

23 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

I really like this black and white beauty. Those trees are fabulous with the newsprint. Thank you, for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Josephine said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Lin said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely sympathy card with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Stampsnob. said...

Two wonderful cards TFS.....Lis SF&F

Ali said...

I love this simple yet striking design. The black and white is so striking and I love the addition of the dictionary page.

Thanks so much for joining in with our "White +1" challenge this week. :)

Ali

Sandra said...

Beautiful sympathy card, love the image, I like the dictionary page.
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Unknown said...

This is just perfect, the image and the dictionary page for some reason are amazing. Thank you for posting with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Love the black & white and the interesting way you used the dictionary page. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

Ingrid Mason said...

Oh Kitty, isn't it so sad that as our parents get older they experience the loss of so many who have meant so much to them during their lifetime. What support and love you give to your own parents by keeping them stocked with such beautiful and thoughtful cards as this. As the sad 'need for this card arises your parents will be supporting the bereaved with a card so full of empathy and Love.

Thank you for sharing this lovely card in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your sympathy card with us at OBAG. Like the use of the dictionary page. Good Luck. Sarah

Viv said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely make with us at Crafty Cardmakers & More for our Black and White challenge and good luck.

Shelia said...

Thank you for playing along with us this week at DRS Designs. You've created another beautiful sympathy card. I really like the torn edges on the background and the black and white combo is perfect for a sympathy card.

Janice said...

A super card, and I love the recycling, newsprint looks surprisingly good on a card. Thanks for this entry also at an OBAG, Jx

Patti said...

Another amazing design!

Keti's Projects said...

Another beautiful design. I loke this images very much. Thanks again for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous design for a sympathy card. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts. Sue C x

Beccy said...

I love the printed paper in the background KT, the torn edges are fabulous. I also like the black and white colour scheme, it's very elegant and perfect for a sympathy card.
Cheers,
Beccy

Pat said...

Great trees!! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

stampingbowd said...

Lovely! Your card speaks to the heart! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Margaret said...

Very striking image, and I love the touch of paper that you used. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck. Maggie - DT

Kim x said...

What a lovely card, thank you for joining my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
hugs Kimx

Feebsy said...

What a lovely sympathy card, very elegant.

Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M
Feebsy
xx