Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spotlighting Technique

Hi, everybody! Before I share my card, I would like to welcome four lovely new followers - kladd94803, Denise Bryant, Jenny L, and Sue D.  So nice to have your here!

For today's card, I decided to try something different! I used a fun technique I saw recently called the spotlighting technique, which is not new, but it is new to me! Basically you select just a part of the image to colour so it's in the spotlight. I'm joining the 200th challenge celebration over at The Friday Mashup, and this is my third entry.


I used a sweet image called Just So Cool from All Dressed Up Stamps and coloured just her head with my Prismacolor pencils.  I mounted it on a glitter circle and added a tiny puffy heart sticker on her hair clip.  A strip of the same glitter (it's actually ribbon!) was added on the right edge of the card, along with a strip of washi tape. Yes, I'm still on a mission to use my washi tape! The sentiment along the bottom is from Desert Diva, which was a freebie at one point (thank you, Hannelie), and I added a triple-looped bow made from yarn.

My inspiration came from The Friday Mashup, specifically Challenge 45 - Option 1 - Spotlighting Technique and Challenge 126 - Option 1 - Washi Tape.



I would also like to support these fun challenges: 
All Dressed Up AG 1/3; Not Just Cards AG UE; Papertake Weekly Girlie Card 1/5; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


22 comments:

Carol L said...

You did good on your first spotlighting card! That sparkly panel looks so pretty with the stripes! Fun card!

Lisa said...

I love the spotlight technique!! Absolutely fabulous card!! The image is beautiful!! I love the washi tapes!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your cute card. I need to give that technique a try.
I spotted you over at Friday Mash Up.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Unknown said...

Cute Card! I've never tried this technique before, it looks fun. Thanks for sharing with us at All Dressed Up Challenges.

ike said...

Ah, now that is excellent :-D I like doing spotlights but haven't for ages and now you've made me want to :-D Great card kitty :-D xxxx

New Creations said...

This is a genius creation Kitty!!!! Love the spotlight technique never tried before, a stylish image too with your beautiful washi tapes, love them!!

Bernadet said...

So beautiful Kitty!
Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up!!!

Sheila said...

I love this technique and you have done a fab card here. Thanks so much for joining us at All Dressed Up and good luck.
Sheila
*All Dressed Up DT *

Bad Kitty said...

great card

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kitty and I have only ever done one of these and that was years ago.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Judy McKay said...

Love the layout of your card. Very nice. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

Unknown said...

Such a cool technique and your take on is is perfect! Great way of making your card stand out! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!

babydoll4uonly38 said...

Hi KT
Great technique! I never saw that before (the spot light technique) until this week...and now your the 2nd card I am seeing like this! Great image to do this with. Thanks for joining us this week at All Dressed Up
MichelleVata - All Dressed Up DT

Kati said...

So sweet,interesting technique. Thank you for joining us over at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Kat DT
♥ Kakichka Blog ♥
♥ Kartishok - blog for ideas ♥

walchowDesign said...

This technique sounds new to me too! Love your spotlight and how it turned out!

Monika Reeck said...

I love to do spotlight at 2009 Kitty and never do it again for ages hehehe
cute Image and lovely dp and nice add of that pink...
great card my dear friend..hugs, monika

cotnob said...

A fabulous technique Kitty and a pretty image - I love your sentiment and CAS design.
Pauline
x

Donna said...

Great job spotlighting and I like how you used the washi tape!

Lisa said...

I love the spotlight technique, you did a great job with it! Very fun card!

Thanks for joining our celebration at The Friday Mashup!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You with your washi! You go, gurl! Fun card! I like that you used the glitter to accent your spotlight spot instead of just a bit of black. That really adds to the teen scene feel of this card.

marion said...

Lovely and sweet, lots of hugs to you and cuddles to your furbabys, Marion

Kim P said...

Wow! This is so cool!
You really nailed this technique!
Thanks for playing again with us at The Friday Mashup!