Sunday, March 15, 2015

Quirky Crafts GD - Let's Play Dress-up

Hello, everyone!  Today I have the privilege of being a Guest Designer over at Quirky Crafts. Thank you for inviting me! We have a new challenge for you starting today, so I hope you'll play along! Our theme is a fun one: Let's Play Dress-up - with Ribbon, so we would like to see kids or animals in costume - plus ribbon. We have two fabulous sponsors:  Bugaboo Digi Stamps and Crafty Ribbons.


For my image, I chose this adorable Rainy Day Bear - Rain Rain from Bugaboo Digi Stamps and I coloured him with my Prismacolor pencils.  I used My Creative Time Scalloped Stitched Ovals to die-cut the image and layers. On the base of the card, I added a panel of patterned paper and some polkadot ribbon that I won from Crafty Ribbons (thank you, Ali!).  I stamped a sentiment from Impression Obsession Sentiments 1 clear stamps and doodled faux stitching around the edge of the patterned paper.  I decided to keep this card fairly CAS as I wanted it to be suitable for a male.  I think the little bear needs some cheering up!

My colour combo was inspired by Colette's Cosmic Colours Challenge #11 and I think I managed to use all six colours.



Please come over and join us at Quirky Crafts for our Let's Play Dress-up - Plus Ribbon challenge. I think you'll have fun!  Check out my cool GD badge.



I would also like to support these fun challenges:
Catch the Bug Spring 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper March UE; Creative Fingers AG 3/3; Creative Inspirations AG Optional Sketch UE; DL.ART Thankful Thursday AG 3/3; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Little Miss Muffet AG; My Craft Creations AG UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; Simon Says Stamp Monday's B is for (bear) 5/5; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE; The Corrosive Animal Friends 1/3; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 5/5

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

21 comments:

Jacee said...

This is a lovely design Kitty, fabulous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Monika Reeck said...

ooh so sweeet Image and cute
and I love the color combo you choose
blue and yellow
hmm I never did it and maybe I must try this time
do you like to make layers card Kitty
see my last post
it has a challenge making layering cards
maybe you can win some stamp from their company
I have won some already but they have theme on their challenge
just visiting me again my dear..and you can get the info there :)
hugs, Monika

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, such a cute image and pretty colours.
Congratulations on your GDT spot.
Pauline
x

Bad Kitty said...

lovely card

Jo said...

Lovely card Kitty
Jo x

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your guest design spot!! Your card is so beautiful!! I love the sweet image!! The design is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

Congrats on your guest design spot, what a beautiful card for this!

Moni said...

Adorable card, beatiful color palette. We are happy to have you as a GDT at Quirky Crafts. Monica-Dt.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card and great layout. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous creation Kitty, it is so sweet and I love the colours.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Becca Cruger said...

I love your pattern mixes going on here! Everything is so bright and cheerful - even though he is battling the rain. Super cute card and CONGRATS on the GD gig! They couldn't have asked a more talented cardmaker.

Colette said...

Congrats Kitty on your guest spot. The card, as always, is adorable. Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month :o) x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ooh--a guest designer spot--so fun! What a sweet image! Love the blues.

marion said...

Congrats on your GDT, it is so lovely this image, it made me smile, tfs, lots of hugs and love, xoxo, cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

Unknown said...

The blues and yellow look sweet the way you have used them. Thank you so much for entering our A.G. family friendly challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Remember, you can enter up to five times. We enjoy seeing your lovely creations.
BLESSINGS, Carole

Debbie Adams said...

What a lovely card you created. I really like the yellow ribbon with the blue so pretty. And your coloring is just beautiful on the bugaboo image. :D
So happy to have you join in as a Guest Designer at Quirky Crafts. :D
Deborah GD

Tindaloo said...

Sweet card and great color-coordination! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks for joining in on our March Theme "Spring" Challenge @ Catch the Bug! I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us! I hope you will join us again very soon!

sammi said...

Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “Spring Into Spring” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new challenge and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x