Sunday, March 22, 2015

Quirky Crafts GD - Mid-challenge Reminder

Hello, everyone! As a Guest Designer at Quirky Crafts this fortnight, I have made another card for our Let's Play Dress-up - with Ribbon challenge. We want to see children or animals in costume. I hope you can join us! We have two fabulous sponsors: Bugaboo Digi Stamps and Crafty Ribbons.


I chose an adorable image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps called Flower Bird and coloured it with my Prismacolor pencils. I tried a new technique called Fold-out Window Card that I learned in Stretch Your Dies Online Card Class (I won this class; thank you, Laura!). It was really fun to make! I finally used my Spellbinders Blossom Two dies - I've had these for over a year and this is the first time I've used them! On the front of the card, I added a triple-looped bow, made from EK Success ribbon, and three yellow gems. For the sentiment, I stamped a Clearly Besotted stamp repeatedly on a gold strip and then affixed along the bottom. On the inside of the card, the image was die-cut with my Simon Says Stamps Stitched Rectangle.  I stamped a sentiment from Newton's Nook and added three gold dots, one was die-cut using my Nellie's Multiframe Circles and two made with handheld hole-punches.


My colour combo was inspired by Colette's Cosmic Colours Challenge #11 and I think I managed to use five of the six colours.

  

Please join us at Quirky Crafts for our Let's Play Dress-up - Plus Ribbon challenge. I think you'll have fun!  Thank you to Quirky Crafts for having me as your Guest Designer! It was my pleasure!


I would like to support these fun challenges:
Catch the Bug March Bingo (Spring/Easter image, Player's Choice (gems), Die Cut) 1/3; Craft Your Passion Always AG 3/3; Crafting from the Heart AG 3/3; Crafty Ribbons AG with Ribbon 1/5; Creative Fingers AG 2/3; Cuttlebug Mania Use a Frame or Make a Frame 3/3; Die Cuttin' Divas Celebrate Spring 2/3; DL.ART Thankful Thursday AG 1/day; DL.ART March Linky AG UE 1/day; Dragonfly Dreams Add Some Embellishments UE: Inspiration Destination AG UE; Inspiration Journal Flowers UE; Kartenallerlei Spring with Blue Ribbon 1E; Little Claire's Springtime 2/3; Love to Scrap AG 3/3; My Craft Creations AG UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; Papertake Weekly Happy Anything 3/5; Penny's Paper-Crafty Use Your Favourite Embellishment (gems) 2/3; 
Pixie's Snippet Playground Snippets used for die cuts, dots, and sentiment strip 2/3; Robyn's Fetish Add a Bow 1/3; Scrap and Craft Inspiration Flowers 1/3; Scrapy Land Spring and/or Easter using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells - Spellbinders dies sold here 1/3 (HONOURABLE MENTION)Scribble and Scrap AG 3/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Spring Pinterest Inspiration (see below) 1/5; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE; Stretch Your Dies Online Card Classes Gallery Day 3; Tuesday Throwdown More than One Fold 2/3; Whimsy Inspiration Use a Die Cut 2/3; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5

SSS Pinterest challenge
Simon Says Stamp:
I was inspired by the photo of the bird
at the bottom left corner 

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

P.S. I am celebrating 250 followers with candy. Click here to enter.  

50 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card
like the bird image

Regina said...

Oh, your card is is gorgeous!
Regina*

terrie said...

I really like your little bird in her bonnet...so stinkin' cuteI
The fold-out window card it's perfect to highlight your image.
The triple bow is a great added embellishment to the card.
Well done

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the fold!! It looks amazing!! The image is so sweet!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Kitty, your Fold-out Window Card is just fabulous!!! Such a lovely design!!
Love these two shaped windows and the bird is so fun and cute!! Gorgous bright colours, too! Very beautiful card, thanks for the inspiration. This design have a great effect but it doesn't seems too difficult to realize, one of these days I will try.

scrappymo! said...

What a great fold ans a sweet card!

AO Creations said...

What a cute card!!! Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania, good luck!!! Amy DT

Monika Reeck said...

wohoo I never try that Shape Kitty
this is wonderful made
I guess you love yellow and blue these time
and your coloring so wonderful too
I adore your bow its look so cuutee
ADORABLE made again Kitty..
big hugs
Monika

Jo said...

Love this Kitty, a great shape & that image is so sweet!
You asked about my art journal....mine is from Dylusions & is approx A4 size but they do a smaller one with pages of 5 x 8 inches & the quality is brilliant. Beware though, it's soooooo addictive lol!
hugs Jo x

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! What a great card! That fold is awesome!I love the image! I was going to take that stretch your die class, but I wasn't sure if I would get that much out of it. Did you like the class? Would you recommend it? Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #14!

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Terrific card! Love that you are challenging yourself to try new techniques. I really like the fold out on this card. The little bird made me chuckle with his puffed up self! Thanks for playing along with us @ Cuttlebug Mania!
Blessings,
Belinda

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kitty, such a fabulous design and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

HeatherM said...

Very cute! Love the window! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
HeatherM

Anne Temple said...

Love your spring card and the fun fold. (I took this class too and loved it. Although I haven't posted it yet, I made something very similar :-).....great minds.....) So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

so adorable. I love this card.

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

New Creations said...

Such a fabulous image and love this new style fold creation(Congrats on your win:), so amazing and that bow is very lovely too!

brenda said...

As always a lovely creation Kitty, always a delight to see your work.

Hope you have a good week.

B x

marion said...

A lovely shaped card with such a sweet image, lots of hugs and love, xoxo, cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic card Kitty. Love the apertured front and folded back. Wow!!! Such a cute image too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Di said...

Wow Kitty! a stunning card, such a clever shaped aperture and also the image is such fun as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Lori said...

Love how you created the gatefold with the diecut! Such a cute card!!

Jacee said...

Wonderfully cute card, I love the fold!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like how you colored the pretty bird. Especially like the blue die framing opening.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

vic said...

Beautiful kitty love that cute chick and your folds on the card are great!!
Hugs
Vic x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

TRIPLE loop bow?! Now you are just showing off. Love this quirky card! Great colors and that's a nifty design. Was it as fiddly to create as it looks?

Moni said...

Kitty, this is adorable. We are happy to have as our guest designer at Quirky Crafts Challenges.-Monica Dt.

Donna Ellis said...

awww, what a sweet image, KT - love your color choices. REALLY love your creative use of the die cuts in your folds! Looks BEYOND fabulous! Wow! Thank you for photographing everything so well! hugs, de

Marybeth said...

Wow, what a fun card Kitty! This is amazing, with lots of work!

Donna said...

This is awesome, I've never seen this fold!! Great image, colors and coloring too. You should enter it in Darnells NBUS challenge, the link is on my webpage.

Annette Allen said...

congrats on guest designing and wow what a sweet card.. i love the way it opens and that little image is so sweet.. thanks for the inspiration

Judy McKay said...

Love your design. very sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

Becca Cruger said...

Now THIS is an amazing fancy fold! Wow! I really like the way that opens up. And it's so springy - such a great design, Kitty!

cass said...

Great bow, cute card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week for our "Add a Bow" challenge

Unknown said...

Love how you've created the centre and the way it opens up - that's amazing!! Stunning card xx

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is really adorable! Love the card fold and the colors used with this sweet Bugaboo image. Thanks so much for joining the March Bingo challenge at Catch the Bug!

jenn shurkus said...

so very fun! i am seeing all kinds of fun folds on the cards submitted- its inspiring me!!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a wonderful card! Love the fold and cuteness of this card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Cindy Beach said...

Love all your extra touches on the framed window card. Beautiful and bright and so well done!

Colette said...

Such an adorable and clever card! Thank you so much for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month :o) xx

Joanna said...

what a great card you made, the shape is so original and I like the little bird :) thanks for taking part in scrapyland challenge

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks for joining in on our March Bingo Challenge @ Catch the Bug! I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us! I hope you will join us again very soon!

Alyx said...

How cute is this? I love it! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Sandy said...

what a great card you made!!!! thank you for joining us at kartenallerlei.

sandy

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the fold!!Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Anonymous said...

This is really cute. I love the layout. Such inspiration! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap.

Laurian said...

Beautiful project!

Thank you so much for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Sharon said...

Gorgeous window card. Thanks for joining us for the Little Claire Spring Challenge.x