Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Spring

Hello, everyone!  I'm back again today with another card! I haven't played over at IO Blog for a long time, and today I was inspired by their fun Think Spring challenge.


I really had fun making this card with my Impression Obsession dies and stamps. First I die-cut the basket in pale yellow and sponged Antique Linen Distress Ink on the handle and around the opening of the basket to add dimension.  I filled the basket with two die-cut bunnies, some tall grass, and three stamped and die-cut purple flowers, accented with gems. I also added some tall grass behind the basket.

Next I created a background by sponging Tumbled Glass Distress Ink using a cloud template (printed from Netty's Cards - thank you!) for the sky, and sponged Shabby Shutters Distress Ink towards the bottom to represent the grassy landscape.  I added two die-cut grass borders in front of the basket and two strips of striped DP along the top and bottom edges of my card.  I stamped a sentiment in CTMH Cotton Candy and finished off the card by adding two butterflies, accented with gems. I love how this turned out!  Here is a detailed list of the Impression Obsession dies and stamps I used, including links:


My card was also inspired by the 200th challenge celebration over at The Friday Mashup.  I chose two of their previous challenges to mash up: Challenge 98 - Option 2 - Bunnies and Challenge 14 - Option 1 - Flowers.



I would also like to support these fun challenges, for a total of five challenges entered: 
Crafting from the Heart AG 1/3
Inspiration Journal Flowers UE
TOP 3 Scrapy Land AG using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells - Impression Obsession dies sold at Scrapy Land here 2/3

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving the layers and texture with the grass leaves - a perfect Easter card!! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three fabulous card you posted today, Kitty! I love this one expecially, so full of beatiful details! Love the distressed basket that has a stunning dimension, the diecut grass, the cute bunnies and the little butterflies!! The liliac flowers are so pretty and your handmade clouds so sweet and light! Love so much these colours, perfect card for Easter!!

Lisa said...

Goodness - you have been busy!! This is so awesome!! I love the springy basket!! The clouds look fabulous!! I love all of the grass!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Babies-Beth said...

Such a fun Spring card; I love the bunnies in the basket!

Andrea W said...

Very pretty card Kitty! I love the Spring colors and wonderful die cuts.

D- said...

Oh your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing.
I spotted you over at Friday Mash Up.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

New Creations said...

Such a fun cheerful and happy SPRING creation, totally love it! Love all the detailed work with beautiful color combo and such fun dies!!!!

Bad Kitty said...

very cute card
I like bunny's

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute and adorable. I love the little scene you have created, it is gorgeous.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Kitty ~ I absolutely LOVE everything about this adorable card! I love all the dies you used, the colors and the design! It really screams Spring! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #13!

Jacee said...

Such a fabulous spring card Kitty, love your design!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Donna Ellis said...

A VERY happy Spring, Kitty! Love your sky behind the darling easter basket - and the grass inside the basket is adorable! disheveled, like me! LOL xoxoox

Monika Reeck said...

Kitty this is my favorite from your Spring or Easter card
made so perfectly and so preciouse
I adore the scene you made
my finger so pain I dont know why but I try to catch up all you made many post darling woohooo
you rock :)

cotnob said...

Such a beautiful spring card Kitty, your die cut scene is perfect with the cloudy sky backdrop.
Pauline
x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning!

Lisa said...

Another great card! Lovely scene you created!

Thanks for joining our celebration at The Friday Mashup!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great punch art card! I mean I know no one was punched in the making of this but I consider dies and punches to be equivalent. Love all those dies and how you put them together nicely. The cloudy sky is perfect to show off your spring basket o' bunnies!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Gorgeous!!! And I love the bunnies! Adorable card! :)

marion said...

Definately spring, love this, lots of hugs to you and cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy and perhaps a brush for your loved ones ?

Unknown said...

Super sweet card, love all the die cut elements. Also wanted to give you a "thumbs up" on your fit goals for 2015. :) Cheering for you!

Thanks for your participation on our 200th celebration at the Mashup on facebook and commenting on blogs, etc. Love your enthusiasm.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi KT, I love your card. It makes me smile and hope for Spring, which seems to be a long time coming. Those bunnies hopping out of the basket and the flowers are simply delightful.

hollybeary creations said...

This is so pretty.. Love all the soft colors and details. Thanks for helping us celebrate at the Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

Another wonderful card...those dies are fantastic!

Debi said...

I see you made Top 3 at Scrappyland. Congrats! But where is your tiny cat?

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Love your scene and springy colors!!! Thanks for playing along with Inspiration Journal, hugs, Karin

Janice said...

This is just gorgeous! Love it! Jx