Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gertie Goose

Hello, friends.  Today's card is for a progressive challenge at Imagine That... digis by Kris  Anyone who played along last month received this cute Gertie Goose image to use for this month's challenge.  I just recently discovered a couple progressive challenges and now I'm hooked.  It's great because as long as you participate, you receive next month's image for free.  I'm getting my progressive challenges done early this month - I waited too long in September and missed some fun ones.  Lesson learned!


I love washi tape!  I know, I'm sort of late to the party, but I won a bunch in a challenge and now I'm hooked.  So I started my card by covering a white card base with golden cardstock and added several strips of washi tape.  I used the pre-coloured version of Gertie Goose - I didn't think I could colour her any better myself than she already looks - she's adorable - so I fussy-cut and attached Gertie with foam tape.  The sentiment is a freebie from Create with TLC, which I sponged with black ink to give it some texture.  Lastly I added four gold leaves, three at the top right, one bottom left.  Here are the supplies used:
  • Digi stamp:  Gertie Goose - Imagine That... digis by Kris  (thank you, Kris)
  • Digi sentimentCreate with TLC (thank you, Paulette)
  • Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black (for sponging)
  • Cardstock:  Recollections, Staples
  • Washi tape: Downtown Tape, Elmer's, Loblaws
  • Embellishments:  Gold leaves (a gift, unsure of source)
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Allsorts #227 Autumn Colours 3E #3
Aud Sentiments Sentiment Suitable for a Child 5E #5
CRAFT #227 Cats and Dogs/Pets/Animals 5E #5
Craftin' Desert Diva's #16 Anything with a Sentiment UE
Create with TLC Show it Off Sunday Linky Party #2 (see button below and on sidebar) UE
Creative Moments #27 Anything Goes/Autumn 3E #3
DL.ART Thankful Thursday October Linky Party Anything Goes UE
Eureka Stamps #60 Anything Goes 3E #2
House of Gilli Anything Goes Fall UE
Imagine That... Digis by Kris #13 Gertie Goose 1E
My Craft Creations Oct.7-19 Anything Goes UE
One Crazy Stamper October - Thankful/Autumn 5E #3
Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover #109 Playing with Leaves UE
QKR Stampede #59 Fall Colours 3E #3
Ribbon Carousel RCC86 Fall and Halloween (used washi tape) UE
Scribbles Designs Celebrate World Card Making Day UE
Send a Smile 4 Kids Bright Colours 4 Kids 3E #2
Simply Create Too #47 Fall/Autumn 3E #3
Sister Act (Cards Only) Anything Goes UE
The Crafty Bloggers Network Anything Goes 3E #2
The Scrapbooking Queen Royal Digi Challenge #28 5E #4
 
 
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments - wishing you a wonderful day!
 

21 comments:

Julie said...

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie T

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

The image is gorgeous love the way you have coloured. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

alex said...

What a super image and lovely card, thank you for sharing at Creative Moments

Alex (DT)

Unknown said...

Goosey Goosey Gander, where shall I wander....LOL...love this Kitty, gorgeous as ever, look out for some happy post coming your way shortly, love and hugs my wee friend xxx

Hermien said...

Wonderful card love your image and colour combo, thanks so much for joining us at papermakeupstamps.

Hermien
dt member

Sandy S said...

another fabulous entry!!!
Thanks for joining us on our special World Card Making Day challenge...

Sandy S
~Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs~

Wendy L said...

So sweet, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous colours, love the image. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylv xx
Crafty Bloggers Network DT

Migdalia said...

Super cute & fun!
Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything with a Sentiment“ Linky Party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

karalschuknecht said...

Love the colors on this card. Thanks for joining us this week for "Fall Colors."

Karal QKR Stmpede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Mian said...

Great design and I love your use of washi tape!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
QKR Stampede Design Team Member
Mian's Crafty Corner

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is lovely - all that Washi tape - came out great! Thank you so much for entering Simply Create Too’s challenge! I hope you will play again in the upcoming challenges!
Cornelia – Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your card is SO cute!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, KT: We are so glad you joined us for our Fall Challenge at Simply Create Too. Your entry is very pretty--please join us again soon!

Diane
Simply Create Too Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Moments this fortnight
Claire DT

Cathy P said...

Very fun card! Thanks for linking up with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
Cathy xx

Karen said...

Adorable card! Love the gold leaves! Thanks for linking up your project at Craftin' Desert Divas! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Sue said...

A very cute card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Kristine said...

WOw, what a neat background with the washi tape!! I've heard of it, but I've never used it before. Love it *Ü* Thanks so much for playing with my Gertie Goose this month at Imagine That! Digis by Kris™ - have a lovely weekend!!
xKris

Unknown said...

Great card love the backing .Thank you for joining us in our October challenge at Imagine that. Hugs Txx(DT)

Ger said...

Sweet card! Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network