Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mosaic Reindeer

Hello, friends.  Today's card was inspired by the "12 Days of Christmas" challenges going on at Mark's Finest Papers.  I followed the tutorial on faux stained glass (mosaic) found here.   It's the first time I've tried this technique, and I'm very happy with the result. 


I was also inspired to create a matching envelope by A Blog Named Hero's Embell-Ope challenge.

Coordinating Envelope
To complete the faux stained glass challenge, I needed a homemade mosaic stamp, which my BF Brian kindly created for me - thank you, Brian.  Here's what it looks like:


Here are the other supplies used:
  • Stamps:  Reindeer, snowflakes (Hero Art Christmas Reindeer), sentiment (Plaid), homemade mosaic (Brian)
  • Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
  • Coloured pencils:  Prismacolor
  • Cardstock:  Recollections
  • Patterned paper:  Lawn Fawn
  • Accents:  Snowflake, gems (Dollarama)
I would like to enter the following challenges:
  1. A Blog Named Hero #34 Embell-Ope UE C5
  2. Hero Arts Holiday Challenge Favourite Stamping Technique (colouring with pencils, also this mosaic technique may become a favourite) UE
  3. MFP 12 Days of Christmas Day 2 Faux Stained Glass (Mosaic) 5E #1
  4. Send a Smile 4 Kids Early Holiday Wishes 4 Kids 3E #2
  5. Stamping for Pleasure Rudolph Day 1E C6
 
 
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments.  Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Sarn said...

Oh this is COOOL! And I LOVE the little reindeer in his Chrimbo jumper! Great technique.

Thank you for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Di said...

What a fun card, Love Rudolph of course and how diligent to even do the envelope.

Great technique too - I'm off to check the link!

Hugs, Di xx

Unknown said...

Totally fabulous, Kitty and a fabulous technique, must give that a go, thank you for sharing, love and hugs my friend xx

scrappymo! said...

Interesting technique...makes a great card...like cracked ice!

Love the inside of your card too!

Cris said...

What an awesome technique! Love how it turned out! And the reindeer is so cute decorating the envelope too ;-) Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!