Monday, October 14, 2013

Ladybug Kitty

Hello, friends.  Today I am sharing something a little different.  I made this decoupage card today - this is the first one I've made.  I really enjoyed it - love how I turned out - and I will definitely be doing more of these.

 
I used one of the Joanna Sheen Cup Kitties decoupage sheets that you can find here.  They are on sale right now at an amazing discount, regularly prized at 9.99, now 3.99.  I couldn't resist! 
 
Here's a close-up of all the layers:
 
 
I started with a white card base and added an embossed strip of red cardstock.  I fussy-cut and layered all of the cup kitties, mounted on red cardstock, and affixed to the card.  I stamped the sentiment in black, die-cut into a circle, and mounted on a white circle.  Lastly I embellished with five ladybug stickers and a red ribbon bow.  Here are the supplies used:
  • Decoupage sheet Joanna Sheet Cup Kitties
  • Stamp:  Sentiment (Art Gone Wild)
  • Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
  • Cardstock:  Recollections
  • Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug Baby's Breath
  • Dies:  Nellie's Multiframes - Circles
  • Ribbon:  Offray
  • Stickers:  Dollar store
I would like to enter the following challenges:
  1. Challenges 4 Everybody #31 Anything Goes UE 5E #1
  2. Charisma Cardz Challenges Animals 3E #1 C10
  3. Joanna Sheen So Sweet (if this kitten isn't sweet, I don't know what is LOL) 1E 
  4. Just B Creative Crazy Oct. Linky Party Just Because/Anything Goes UE 1 per day
  5. My Craft Creations Oct.7-19 Anything Goes UE
  6. Robyn's Fetish #181 Square Cards Only 3E #2
  7. Sister Act (Cards Only) Anything Goes UE
  8. Word Art Wednesday #101 Anything Goes with Uplifting Sentiment 5E #3
  9. 2 Sisters #165 Anything Goes UE
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments - have a wonderful day of crafting!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute card, Kitty, love this, used to do quite a bit of decoupage, but using scissors is not so much fun, now, with my shaky hands...love and hugs xxx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh this is adorable love this card. I got some stuff to do decoupage but haven't done it yet. Yours is wonderful!
Linda K.

Bubbles said...

Oh my goodnes, such a cute cute card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Vee said...

Fabulous card, love the image. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xxVee

Unknown said...

So cute, ladybugs bite but I still like them, This is so beautiful. We hope to see you again next week with more projects.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Denise Goeldner said...

Wow such a sweet card love the 3D efect thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog
~ Denise DT

Donna Ellis said...

Your darling decoupage kitty is wonderful KT! Love the pretty layering and lady bug details - especially the antennae and wings on your kitty! Wonderfully colorful and so sweet! hugs, de

NGCARDS said...

Such a cute creation! Thanks for playing at Charisma! xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for joining us at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week. Marlene DT

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

An adorable kittie decoupage card.

Thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz in our animal challenge and good luck.

Hugs Sarahxx

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card!