Monday, January 15, 2024

Steampunk Kitty Birthday

Hello, everybody!  I hope you are all having a good day!  Today I am sharing a steampunk-kitty birthday card.  First let me say that steampunk is not my style, but I do love how this card turned out!  This card will be going to Brian, and I know he will love it too!

The fun steampunk cat image is the January freebie at Gecko Galz Monthly Steampunk Challenge (thank you!).  It's the first time that I joined their steampunk challenge but I couldn't resist the cute image.

I was inspired to use mostly scraps/snippets for this card (see photos below) so I could join the fun at Snippet Playground Challenge 471 - Celebrations.  Congratulations to Di, who has been running the Snippets Playground for 12 years - Woot, woot!  

The green cardstock panel was a leftover in my scrap bin, as was the die-cut black panel, which happened to fit this image perfectly.  It had been the leftover inner piece from a frame die-cut, and you will notice I had also die-cut a greeting from the middle, but this was completely hidden after I adhered the kitty to the black panel.  Aside from the image, the only non-snippet is the silver-foil happy birthday greeting that I received in happy mail from a dear friend last week (thank you!).  

Green and black cardstock scraps used
(brown scraps not used)

I had intended to die-cut some gears from the brown cardstock scraps shown in the photo above, but when I located my gear dies, I was thrilled to discover some metallic-embossed gears already die-cut and ready to use.  They were a leftover from way back in 2014 (prepared for this card but not used).  The brand is Memory Box Gear Assembly, and I snipped them apart to use just five of them, with plenty left over for my next steampunk card!

Heat-embossed metallic die-cut
left over from 2014

The embossing folder is part of a set (Sizzix Texture Fades Pocket Watches and Steampunk by Tim Holtz) and this is my first time using it.  Lastly, I adhered a metal clock charm.

I would also like to join the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10:
CRAFT New (the die-cut birthday greeting is new, as is the image) 1/2
Crafty Calendar January AG 2/3
Creative Fingers 269 AG 1/3
Die-Cut Divas January Never Before Used Stuff (embossing folder) 2/4
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 221 AG 2/3
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2402 AG 1/3
Show Us Your Pussycats 96 January Furrything Goes UE
The Paper Funday 61 AG Celebrations (birthday) 1/4

For those who enjoy cat memes, here you go:
Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a  joy-filled day!

25 comments:

Sarn said...

That is pawsome Steampunk kitty card! Love all the elements you used to make this unique card.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse shortly to party on xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Steampunk isn't your usual style, but such wonderful card you made for Brian!! Love that GG free image, I saved it too for future using! The green shade of your card is so lovely and looks just fabulous wit that gears embossing!! Great use of your old precut metallic gears and the sentiment seems made just for this occasion! :D Love so much the charm!
Hugs!! Have a lovely week!

Carol L said...

Steampunk may not be your style, but you knocked it out of the park with this fabulous card. I LOVE every fantastic detail. Nice job!

Barbara Godden said...

What an awesome Steampunk card, love the colours, love the kitty love the design. great use of the EF and the gears. Always good to stretch your creativity to something you think you are not fond of but seriously this is an A1 creation anyone would love to have.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic card Kitty...........gr karin

Spyder said...

Super cute but mean in a nice way pussy cat card! Love it!
((Lyn))

Sheryl said...

What a brilliant Steam punk card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Gail said...

What a fantastic card - I love your layout - we have WINTER here in Michigan - not a bit of snow up until a few days ago and then we got it-- brrrrr cold too - wishing you a fabulous week - God Bless

Mrs A. said...

Great card. I wouldn't have a clue how to start with a steam punk design. Hugs Mrs A. I haven't been outside since getting covid so not posted your pirize yet but I will do as soon as I can and let you know. So sorry for delay I have caused.

Donna said...

Very striking card! I was surprised to see Steampunk on your blog, you did it well and Brian will be pleased, wish him a Happy Birthday for me.

terrie said...

Kitty, that cat image is just fantastic and so is your card for Brian (Happy birthday Brian) Putting everything from scraps from this and that is awesome and a true card maker...well done Kitty and thanks for sharing it.
Take care & sending hugs.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kitty, I am not into Steampunk either but you have done well with this.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alyson Mayo said...

Steampunk isn't my style either but this is purr-fect! I'm sure Brian will love it :)

Arlene said...

Fantastic card - love that steampunk cat. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Di said...

What an amazing Steampunk card Kitty - I love it! Handsome chap isn't he?! And lovely to see your snippets as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Suzanne H said...

Steampunk is not my go to style but sometimes I just have to use the steampunk image at Gecko Galz. I think they're great for masculine cards as I have nephews who are young adults now. You've done a great job with this card. I hope to use it soon too.

DIANA L. said...

Super fun image!! great card I love it

Brenda said...

Steampunk may not be your style, but you certainly did pull it off here. What a wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CRAFT Challenge the week!

papierelle said...

Steampunk isn't really my thing either, but I'm thrilled with your card and the design!!! I take my hat off!! And I'm also impressed at how well you used your leftovers!!! Hugs Gundi

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Cool card Kitty! You did great with the steampunk theme! Your card is awesome! Hope you are doing well and staying warm this winter! Give Sweet Pea some pets for me!

DIANA L. said...

This is interesting!! I love it.
Thank you for entering my
DL.ART 12th BLOGAVERSARY and GIVEAWAY

Have a blessed day,
DIANA L.

Tanis Buckton The Creative Outpost said...

This is fantastic. Love seeing your process too!!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is fabulous! Steampunk is not my cup of tea either but I may just have to try it. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card! Loving all the metallics, the gear theme and that adorable kitty. Thanks for joining us at Die-Cut Divas.

sue n.

Fikreta said...

its awesonme!
hugs