Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Guest Designer - Carlin's Card Paradise - January Challenge

Hello, everyone!  This is my first blog post of 2024, so I would like to wish you a Happy New Year, and I hope 2024 is going well for you so far.

I am delighted to announce that I was invited to be a Guest Designer at Carlin's Card Paradise for their January Challenge, where the theme is Hearts plus Special Card Shape.  I hope you will head over to Carlin's Card Paradise and join the challenge.  There is a prize to be won, and the sponsor is Beccy's Place.  Three entries are permitted.

I decided to make a Diagonal Z-Fold card featuring lots of kitties and lots of hearts!  You can find a tutorial on this card shape at Beccy's Place - A-Z Card Folds.  

I decorated all six panels of the card and had a lot of fun colouring the kitties with my markers.  I added some accents with a white paint marker and fussy-cut the images.  The stamps are from Sunny Studio Stamps, called Meow and Furever.  This is my first time using these stamps, and they are so cute!  I used all but one of the images, along with several of the sentiments included in the set.

The patterned paper, glittered cardstock embellishments, and chipboard pieces are from a very old MAMBI (Me and My Big Ideas) scrapbooking kit, and I added some of my heart-themed die-cuts and punched bows.  There are too many brands to list, but if you have any questions, please ask.  I do remember the small heart border die (cut from pale pink cardstock) is from Die-Versions.

Here is how the card looks laying flat:

Below is the other side of the card; the panel on the far right has space to write a greeting:

Thank you to Karin at Carlin's Card Paradise for inviting me to be your Guest Designer!  I had fun!

Here is the lovely badge I received for the occasion; thank you so much!


I would also like to join the following 10 challenges:
Allsorts 762 Mood Board Inspiration or AG 1/3
Crafty Calendar January AG 1/3
Die-Cut Divas January Never Before Used Stuff (stamps) 1/4
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 221 AG 1/3
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Something New (stamps) 1/5
We Love Stamping January Something New (stamps) or AG 1/3
Word Art Wednesday 629-630 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk2 1/5

For those who enjoy cat cartoons, here you go:

Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a joyful day!

23 comments:

Linby said...

This is so cute and you've put so much work into the design, it looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

carla said...

I love this beautiful card with the cute cats, you have made for Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Thank you for being our Guest Designer.

Carla

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cute in shades of pink and I love the fold! Cartoon is perfect - as all cat lovers know!

Mrs A. said...

Wow, Kitty your Z fold of kitties is perfect. Such a lot of work gone into decorating all six sides. Wishing you a Happy New Year too. All the Best for 2024. hugs Mrs A.

terrie said...

Fantastic Z fold card Kitty...I can see how much love you put into making this card with all of the extra embellishments, especially with all the cat & kitty images...well done all around.
Happy New Year to you, your love one & family.
Hugs...

Donna said...

Gorgeous valentines card, like your fold and how you decorated the front and back, it could be used as a decoration every year even! You might want to enter it in the Creative Creases Challenge(https://secretstamper.com/2024/01/creative-creases-73/)

Chris said...

A super fold and design, pretty papers and the cutest cats, completely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

Ellibelle said...

This is cute with all the wonderful details, adorable cats and beautifully designed all around! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Kitty....gr karin

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done, love that you decorated both sides of the card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this January.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty!! Happy New Year!! I'm so glad to see you again on blogland and with this a-Mew-zing card!! Love, love, love it! Love Z-folding cards but I don't know why I never make one! Thanks for remembering me this shape! You filled it with awesome stamps, embellishments and papers!! Wow! A lot of lovely little scenes here! The stamps are just adorable and love how you coloured all the kitties!
Congrats on your GD, very well deserved!!
So glad that your happy mail has arrived safely! I will replay to your email as soon as I can.
Big hugs and love from so far!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm here again with my DT hat. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping! Your Z-fold is absolutely adorable, such lovely kitties and beautiful colouring! Your design is delicious in any panel, so many cute details! There is a lot of work made with love, here!

Liz said...

Happy New Year, Kitty. Lovely card, I love the fold. xx

Carol L said...

Wishing you a very happy new year in 2024 and thanks for always keeping me in your prayers, much appreciated. Congrats on your guest design spot and what a fantastic way to send love in a card. All those darling images, hearts, bows and pretty papers combine to make one amazing card. I love the fun fold too! That's a cute cartoon too :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love the cute imagery and fun card shape too. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Dena J said...

Very pretty Z-fold Valentine. Great details and such bright and happy color. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Pattie G said...

This is so cute. It goes perfectly with our theme “Anything Goes” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
I am a cat lover too. My Allie girl is almost 19 years old.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

papierelle said...

Congratulations to your guest designer spot!!!! You designed an enchanting Z-fold card. Not only is it particularly cute, but it is also designed with so much attention to detail!!!! Love it!!!! Gundi x

Sarn said...

Lovely shaped card, beautifully decorated. Lots to look at and bound to be appreciated by the recipient xxx

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

Arlene said...

Such a wonderful card. I love the colors and the images are so very cute. Oh, That cartoon is so funny and true. LOL

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Suzanne H said...

So cute with all those kitties. I love the one with the kitty looking through the newspaper. Adorable. You've showcased the set so well.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Kitty, that joke is hilarious! Thanks for the giggle! LOVE your Valentine card! It is so pretty, and I love all the sweet kitties and hearts you used on it. What a terrific z fold card; so much to look at on each section of your card; totally LOVE it!!! You have such a good eye at designing cards. I keep hoping some of that talent will rub off on me. :) Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!