Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Anniversary Butterflies with Aperture

Hello, everybody!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Tanis Buckton - thank you for joining me!

Today's card was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 191, for which the theme is Anniversary Card.  I have chosen three of the colours (Amethyst, African Violet, and Apple Green).  The requirements, in addition to Butterflies, are Sentiment, Acetate, and Aperture, and I have included all three, so it looks like I'm eligible for the second prize or the first prize.  Without further ado, I present my card:


Here is the open view, showing the acetate and aperture:


I made this card using a topper that I won from Mrs. A, way back in her Challenge 110.  Using a stitched octagon die, I cut out the tulip so I could insert the acetate into the aperture and also adhere the tulip die-cut on the inside of the card.  I actually used two pieces of acetate and sandwiched them together so I could include two little butterfly sequins inside the window, like a shaker.  They did move around at first but appear now to be stuck at the sides, which is fine with me.  

Other products used were a layered butterfly die, cut twice so I could adhere one on either side of the acetate window, a happy anniversary greeting die, a happy anniversary stamp (Lawn Fawn), and a stitched rectangle (Gina Marie Designs).  There is plenty of room to write a personal message on the inside of the card, under the octagon die-cut.  

This was a fiddly card to make but I'm delighted with the outcome.  I also used plenty of snippets / scraps so I will also be joining the Snippets Playground 472.  Below are the remnants of my scraps as I forgot to take a photo before die-cutting into them.  I will now discard the one with the rectangle but will be keeping the other two as there is still plenty of room for small die-cuts.


I would also like to join the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10.
Crafty Calendar January AG 3/3
Creative Fingers 269 AG 2/3
Die-Cut Divas January Never Before Used Stuff (octagon die) 3/4
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 222 AG 1/3
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2403 AG 1/3 C10
The Paper Funday 61 AG Celebrations (anniversary) 2/4
Word Art Wednesday 631-632 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

For those who enjoy cat cartoons, here you go:


Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a joy-filled day!


22 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kitty beautiful card.......gr karin

LesleyG said...

So pretty, and I can see how much work went into it. Great way to use your snippets too xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW wow wow!!! How amazing is this card, Kitty!! I pinned it immediately! I would love CASEing it first or later! It's so harmonious and accurate, and any detail is a joy for the eyes! Your design is so well thought!! Love the colours, the patterned paper and that very impressive tulip topper in the hexagonal aperture!! The doubled layered butterfly has been a great choice to enhance the aperture and so also the inside is perfect! Love that it is near the swirl of the patterned paper, they go so well together! Love the other smaller hexagon too, I think it's part of the same tulip topper and that butterfly is marvellous. Lucky you that the two butterfly sequins are stuck in those point of the acetate window, they are PERFECT! :) You have to be proud of this card for sure!
I saw your remnant snippets and I think you could recycle the parts with the negatives of the butterflies shapes and layered them, as they are so pretty, and also have the antennas! :D ah ah ah! I'm since hope LOL
The meme is hilarious! Hugs dear sweet friend! I will replay to your mail when I can!

papierelle said...

Wow, I'm really thrilled with your card. By using the acetate the tulip looks so real!!! Great job. Hugs Gundi

terrie said...

Beautiful card Kitty, the color purple is awesome and I like how you did your butterfly from the front & back. Well done.

Carol L said...

What an absolutely stunning card you've created today! I love the colors, design and all the fiddly work you put into making this. Anyone celebrating an anniversary is going to be thrilled to receive this card. I love the cat cartoon too, it adds a whole new meaning to opening a can of corn LOL

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous card, just love the shades of purple and the way you created the opening. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

Sarn said...

It’s a stunning anniversary card in a lovely colour scheme. Certainly something to treasure.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and for sharing a picture of your snippets xxx

Donna said...

This is stunning, your aperture shape is fabulous along with the rest of your design! And my favorite color!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is gorgeous - love that flower and the colours are gorgeous :)

Barbara Godden said...

Absolutely stu Ning card, gorgeous colours ans design. Fabulous card

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful butterfly card with the window, Kitty - love the patterned papers you used too!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Suzanne H said...

I echo everyone's sentiments on this card. It's fabulous! The colors are so lovely with that little bit of green. A very pretty card.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such an awesome card Kitty, it is really beautiful and I love the colour palette. I love the cartoon too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Di said...

What a lovely card Kitty - still laughing here at the 'cat tale' at the end! So true!

Hugs
Di xx

Mrs A. said...

So pleased and happy to see you have used your prize from a previous challenge. Your card is supper and what a great idea to use two pieces of acetate and sandwich an embellishment between. Thankyou for coming and playing along in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Tina Z. said...

wow, so beautiful, great idea and design.
great cat cartoon too!:))))

SarahR said...

Hello there, oh wow what a stunning card! Love the images and colour choices - your design is inspired as well. Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenges this month - Sarah, DT.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the colours.

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Arlene said...

Beautiful colors and such a beautiful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn Woods said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Paper Funday Challenge xx Dawn xx

Fikreta said...

its gorgeous card!