Sunday, December 17, 2023

Recycled/Upcycled Kitty Cards

Hi, everybody!  I'm back to share some kitty cards!  I needed a couple of quick cards for friends/family who love cats as I was running out of time for mailing.  I decided to recycle/upcycle some cat-themed gift-card holders from a couple years ago. The images are too adorable not to re-use, and they were a great size as a focal point on A2 cards.

Everything on these cards was from my scraps/leftovers/snippets:  the kitty cards, the red cardstock, the embossed kraft cardstock, and even the self-made sentiments (Microsoft Word).  All of these things have been in the pile for years so it felt great to use them!  That was the last of the snowflake-embossed kraft cardstock so if I need more, I'll have to emboss it.

The red foil accents on the recycled cards doesn't show up well in the above photo, so here are some angled shots to show the foil:



I was inspired by the following 8 challenges:
ABC Christmas Y is for Your Choice UE
Christmas Kickstart 81 AG Christmas 2/3 C8
Show Us Your Pussycats 94 Furrything Goes or Meowy Catmas UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Christmas Critters 1/5
Snippets Playground 469 AG w Snippets (described above) 1E C10
Word Art Wednesday 625-626 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk 2 2/5

For those who enjoy cat cartoons, I hope these make you smile:



Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a peaceful day!

15 comments:

Donna said...

Great cards with these cute images, like how you added them to an embossed panel and the red layer! Hope you are enjoying the Christmas time preparations.

Sarn said...

Great recycling of the cute images.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and offering to be in the Nativity Play xxx

Karen Letchworth said...

How cute! Thanks SO much for sharing your sweet cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful to have you play along with us and I hope you'll stop by again soon. Blessings to you.

Carol L said...

Those cards are just the cutest ever! I love the smiling cat on the first one especially and the trio of kitties wearing Santa hats is nothing but fun! Great cards and fun cat toons too :)

terrie said...

These re-cycle cards turned out fantastic with the super cute kitties.
These would be perfect for any cat lover.
I wish you the best during the Holidays Season.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Your upcycled cards are awesome Kitty! What a great idea!!! Hope you are doing well and having a wonderful day! I always enjoy looking at your adorable cards! :)

papierelle said...

I always think it's a shame to throw away such pretty and cute pictures. You recycled them very well and created some very charming Christmas cards that will bring a lot of joy!!! Merry christmas!!! Enjoy the time!!!

Dotty Jo said...

What a great idea, Kitty! They make great 'toppers' - how clever. Thanks for playing along at Christmas kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

How adorable are they, great design too. and awesome upcycling.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty! Fabulous recycling! You have done so well giving to those images another chance! And you made quick cards, so this is a bonus!The foil looks so beautiful and I think also better IRL!
The memes are SO fun!! Both them make me giggle, and especially the first one!! :D
Hugs and love from so far Italy!

Di said...

Really lovely cards - I'm all for a bit of upcycling! Especially with such sweet images.

Hugs
Di xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Awww - thee are so adorable :)

Suzanne H said...

The images are too cute not to reuse. The foil is beautiful and I can't believe you could capture it in a photo. That's so difficult to do.

Fikreta said...

gorgeous cards!
oh I think my cats also was planning to destroy our Christmas tree.
Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

Fabiola said...

quelle magnifique création Kitty, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Creations, biz