Sunday, December 17, 2023

Scripture Card 3

Hello, everyone!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Cynthia Olheiser - thank you for joining me!  

Today I'm sharing a scripture card (you can scroll down to see the two shared previously).  This one is about the birth of our Lord and Savior, and I made two of them.  

The featured scripture that inspired my card is Matthew 2:2, and it was shared at Word Art Wednesday on December 6.  Scripture art is offered as a free digital in every challenge at Word Art Wednesday, and you can scroll back on their blog to find all of the scriptures shared previously.  It's like a treasure hunt!

For the image, I scanned a vintage greeting card and modified it digitally.  On the original card, the onlookers were looking to the west, so I rotated it so they were looking to the east as the scripture says.  I lightened the colours of the image and cropped the edges to make an A2 size card.  Before printing, I digitally added the scripture word art.  After printing I adhered a die-cut star (Memory Box Star of Wonder) in gold glitter and then mounted the image on coordinating cardstock.  Below are the two identical cards I made.


I was inspired by the following 8 challenges:
ABC Christmas Y is for Your Choice UE
Christmas Kickstart 81 AG Christmas 1/3 C8
DL.ART December AG UE 1/d
Simon Says Stamp Monday Use Dies (Memory Box Star of Wonder) 1/5
Word Art Wednesday 625-626 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk 2 1/5

For those who enjoy cat cartoons, I hope these make you smile:



Thank you for being here! Wishing you a joy-filled day!

8 comments:

Carol L said...

That's such a beautiful scene and I love that gold glittered star too! The colors look wonderful, and those naughty kitties are at it again I see LOL

terrie said...

Such a wonderful scene looking above the shinning star and having the newborn child come into this world many years ago...thanks for sharing.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So pretty Kitty! What a gorgeous card! So creative!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards - such a beautiful scene. Love the memes too! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely scripture card with a beautiful scene. I like the cat funnies too. Thanks for sharing.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You are going to be the queen of digital manipulation, Kitty! :D You selected and rotated the onlookers, wow! Not so easy to do! Beautiful scripture cards and the sparkling star looks great!
Big hugs dear friend, you are in my prayers too!

Suzanne H said...

Loving your cat memes! Your card is quite lovely and gets me in the mood for the season.

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely Christmas design and I loved hearing about your clever use of the computer.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x