Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Scripture Card 2 - Eye Hath Not Seen

Hi, it's me again!  I'm back to share another scripture card.  As mentioned in my previous post, I've been reading and studying the Bible for the past few years, and it has become one of my greatest joys!  

If you would like to make scripture cards, there is treasure trove of free scripture word art over at Word Art Wednesday (thank you!).  It's free in every challenge post, and you can scroll back on their blog to find the scripture art shared previously.  

This scripture card features 1 Corinthians 2:9, which was shared at Word Art Wednesday on February 12, 2020, and it's one of my favourit texts:  


Before printing, I added the word art digitally in Microsoft Word to a beautiful scenic image from Creative Fabrica, which was a freebie at one point (thank you).  I adhered the image on green cardstock, and added a die-cut tree, to which I added Distress Ink around the edges and texture with my old Fiskars paper crimper.  

I was inspired by the following 8 challenges:
Jan's Digi Stamps November AG 4/5Polkadoodles 47 AG 2/2
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 2/5
Word Art Wednesday 623-624 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk2 3/5

For those who enjoy cat memes, I hope this one makes you smile:


Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a joy-filled day!

12 comments:

Pam Sebring Iowa said...

58
What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining our PIP challenge. Best of luck in the draw and happy holidays!

Cynthia said...

The Scripture is perfect with this beautiful scene. I'm so happy you've found the WAW scripture word art helpful. It's such a blessing to hear that you are also reading the Bible. My daily study and mediation on God's Word is such a great joy in my life as well.

Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

terrie said...

Kitty, you're doing a great job putting these scriptures with fantastic background.
They would make wonderful gift card set...well done my friend.
Looking forward in seeing more.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You choose a fabulous image to show up the beautiful Bible verses, Kitty! Love the crimed tree you added!
Sending you big hugs dear friend! Enjoy your Bible studies and any moment of the life!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

And forgot the cat meme again!! :D This one is fabulous!

Donna said...

Beautiful card and scripture. I like how you are combining these and that you are studying the Bible.

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, the background is perfect for the verse.

Jan Mahew said...

Beautiful Mountain scene, Karen! Uplifting scripture! Thank you for sharing your Heartwarming creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

papierelle said...

A really lovely idea and so beautifully designed. I really like the sayings on the cards!!! Hugs Gundi

Carol L said...

Those words hold a lot of meaning for me and they're perfect for this lovely card! Cute kitty meme too :) Have a great weekend!

Suzanne H said...

Hi Kitty! This is just lovely. You found the perfect image for the verse.

Alyson Mayo said...

That background is stunning and I love the verse as well :)