Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Retro Kitty Countdown 15

Hi, everyone!  It's been a while but I'm still here!  No worries - I've been enjoying the summer season and haven't been online or crafting much. It's just too hot in my craftroom!  However, this morning is a bit cooler and, in any event, there are challenges calling my name!

If you've been following my blog for a while, you might remember that last year I had a goal of making a set of 25 "Retro Kitty Christmas Countdown" cards.  You might also remember that I did not reach my goal (sad face) and only made 11 of the 25.  Well... I'm going to try again!  Maybe this year I will finish them!   

For those not familiar with countdown cards, they are similar to an advent calendar, but in the form of a Christmas card.  The recipient gets to open a card each day of December as they count down the days to Christmas, and accompanying each card will be a small gift.  For reference, here are the previous countdown cards that I shared:  
23456810121618, and 24.

For today's card I used a bunch of my patterned paper scraps (also called snippets) and did some paper tearing and gluing to create the background.  I stamped around the border with a stitching pattern (Kelly Panacci) and stamped a tiny snowflake (Newton's Nook) on the upper left and bottom right corner.  The numbered countdown card (Design by Dani) and retro kitty (Past Paper Pretties) were mounted on coordinating cardstock (from my scrap container) and adhered.  I adhered a self-made sentiment (Microsoft Word) along with a scrap saying December and then finished off the card with some snowflake sequins.  


I would like to join the following 10 challenges:
Ally's Angels 59 July AG 1/3
Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Christmas in July Linky 1/3

Christmas Craft Creations Patterned Paper 1/3
Crafty Gals Corner 233 Christmas in July 1/3
DL.ART July Linky AG UE
Rudolph Day July AG Christmas 1E C10
Show Us Your Pussycats 79 Furrything Goes AG Cats UE
Snippets Playground 433 Christmas in July (lots of snippets described above) 1E C10
Taylormade Cards4U Holidays in July 1/3
Word Art Wednesday 553-554 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a peaceful day!

26 comments:

Migdalia said...

This is adorable!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez

Wilma DeG said...

Great card! I love your collaged background... what a great way to use up scraps of paper!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute Kitty and lovely papers and layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Sweet card, Kitty! I'm so glad to have you join us again for another linky party! I love the cute kitty on your card and the stitching on the sides... purr-fection! Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

Denise Bryant said...

Love this sweet kitty and pretty background!

Sarn said...

Aww - such a sweet kitty Christmas card.

Thanks for coming to play at the Snippets Playground. It's been so hot, I hope you've enjoyed the cocktails and dipped your toes in the paddling pool! xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kitty,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a fab idea and such a super card too.
Love the papers used and what a very fab way to use up snippts as well.
Love the image of the kitty in the stocking.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Becca Yahrling said...

I love this kinda abstract quilted look! A pretty card, Miss Kitty!! Good to 'see' you! ;-)

Liz said...

Cute card, Kitty. xx

Donna said...

So nice to see you in blogland dear friend! Fabulous card, great collage background, cute design and great job on your stitching!

Gail said...

Oh my - I am thinking you have no air conditioning - "hot in the crafting room"??? It surely has been hot on and off here as well-- Happy to see you are setting a goal - I hope you make it this time - I have never heard of the challenge for making a CC for each day like advent--- what a cool idea however - it would be a nice gifting to someone at Thanksgiving [celebrated in USA in November]. You card is lovely and I never heard of a stitching stamp - and if I find one in my crafting room as I make my goal of cleaning it out - well shame on me - LOL - Wishing you a blessed week! Love to see your work. hugs from Gail USA

Barbara Godden said...

Love the patchwork background and the kitty is adorable. Love the faux stitching around the edge (I think I have a woodmount one of those stamps) Great card design and great you are jumping back in where you left off.

Jacinda said...

What a fun, cute card. Love how you used up the scraps.

Di said...

Fabulous card Kitty - wonderful use of snippets!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Felt sure I'd left you a comment on here, but cannot see it!

It's a lovely Christmas card with the cute kitty on it and all your snippets.

Hope you've been enjoying a few cocktails around the paddling pool! xxx

Suzanne H said...

Hi Kitty! No one can paper tear and put it together like you can! I love how you can do that. Those countdown cards are going to be finished this year (maybe?)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear friend!! I'm so glad you are enjoying Summer!!! :) My home is hot too!!
LOVE SO MUCH your technique with torn scraps!!!! And the faux stitching stamped on the edges is the perfect detail to add interest, how clever idea!!! The tiny snowflake is so cute! Love also very much the cute kitty in the sock that remember me your beloved Snowie.
Have peaceful and sweet days ahead, dear Kitty!! Enjoy Summer and freedom!!
Hope that your vegetable garden is growing well despite the great hot!
Hugs and love across the miles!

Debi said...

Hi Kitty! Nice to see you back. Your card is adorable. I love the stitching. I'll have to check my stash to see if I have a stamp like that. Great use of your snippets, too. Hugs, Debi

terrie said...

Kitty, I can relate to the craft room being too hot to create because I had that problem too so I took some supplies and been crafting on the dinning room table.
I love your card and the torn background (what a great idea) I might have to try one...good luck in doing the challenge.
Thanks for sharing your cards & ideas.

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww… what a sweet image and I love the background you created with the torn papers.

corysnana said...

I love your idea of countdown to Christmas cards!! I might have to consider that for someone in my family! It's an ambitious goal to have 25! Love this one with all of the stitching. Thanks for entering your card in the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!! Good luck with your card making this year, Kitty!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Kitty. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

VanessaB said...

Cute collage card

Fikreta said...

This is super sweet card!
love it!
Thank you for playing at SUYP-cats only challenge!
Hope to see you again!
Good luck!
Fiki

Ina G said...

Super cute kitty and wow to all the designer paper background here. Nice stitching around the edges. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Christmas Craft Creations.

Lena said...

What a wonderful and fun way of counting down to Christmas! I haven't had a chance to look at the others, but I'm loving number 15 :-) Love all the pretty papers you used and the sweet kitty image. Lena xx