Saturday, June 25, 2022

Candy Cane Kitty

Hello, everybody!  Today I'm sharing another holiday card!  This one features the adorable Candy Cane Cat from Your Next Stamp, which I coloured with markers, fussy-cut, and popped up on foam tape. I also added Frosted Lace Stickles to the kitty's hat pompom and trim.  Sorry I haven't been around visiting your blogs lately but I hope to get caught up this weekend!  


Behind the kitty are stencilled snowflakes, made using embossing paste through a snowflake stencil (Hot off the Press Snowfall).  I did some paper-tearing with scraps of patterned paper on the left-hand side and then stamped a sentiment at the bottom right from Your Next Stamp Holiday Snow Globe.  Lastly I adhered three pink snowflake sequins.  

I would like to join the following 8 challenges:
Ally's Angels 59 AG 2/3
Creative Fingers 234 AG 2/3
DL.ART June Linky AG UE
Christmas Kickstart 63 Pawfectly Pawsome Christmas 1/3 C8
Rudolph Day June AG Christmas 1E C10
Show Us Your Pussycats 77 Furrything Goes/Friendship/Love UE
Simon Says Stamp Monday Beginning with S (stencil, snowflakes, sequins, scraps) 2/5
Your Next Stamp 187 Anything Goes 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

16 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Paper tearing is so much fun and looks great, super cute kitty with the candy cane. great design and colours.

Donna said...

Darling card, the image is so cute and that stenciled background is fabulous!

Fikreta said...

This is so cute card!
Hugs

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! I'm so glad to see another beautiful card from you!! And thanks so much for your comments on my blog! I'm very happy to hear that I inspired you and Brian about vegetable gardening! :) Best wishes for your growing vegetables, I'm sure they will be delicious!
Your kitty card is fabulous and very cute!! Love the kitty with his sparkling pompom and trim!! The candy cane with the big bow looks so cute too!Amazing textures with the stencilled paste and just LOVE your paper-tearing with scraps of different patterned papers!! Very inspiring!!
World is becoming more and more crazy (and sadly Italy is at one of the pole positions!) So you make so well trying to enjoy every day, I try to do the same!
Sending big hugs, prayers and good vibes on your way, dear friend!

Gail said...

cute, cute kitty and lovely layout! Super card!

Suzanne H said...

That's an adorable image which I don't think I've ever seen before. You have a knack for paper tearing and layering with your images. Mine always look like I've swept them up off the floor :) Lovely card!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so sweet with the torn paper edges and the textured snowflakes. Perfect winter card :)

R's Rue said...

So cute. I love it.

Di said...

Gosh, what a fun card Kitty! The image is really adorable and the paper tearing is such a nice touch as well. Lovely work!

Hugs

Di xx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

What a cute card! Love the candy cane kitty! Hope you are doing well! (((HUGS!)))

Lena said...

This is adorable. You have such a wonderful way of using non traditional Christmas colours - always very inspiring to me. I struggle to use pinks on my Christmas cards :-)
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Lena

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute, what a happy pussy cat.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Fikreta said...

Thank you for playing at SUYP challenge!
good luck!

Dotty Jo said...

So much fun - I love your card and what a cute stamp. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Whisper said...

Absolutely delightful and thanks for joining us at June's Rudolf Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Andrea W said...

The torn layers are fun and I love your color choices.