Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Guest Designer - The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge #3

Hi, everyone!  It's the last day of May and I'm squeezing in one final card as Guest Designer at The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge this month.  Our sponsor for May is Gerda Steiner Designs, and it has been a joy to feature her cute images on my cards all month.  

Our challenge is to use grey as a mandatory colour and add two other colours from the photo, plus the twist of "add your own."  You decide what you want to add for the twist.  Just let us know the colours you chose and what you added for the twist.  I hope you'll join us!  Our challenge starts today and you have two weeks to play along.


For my card I used the mandatory colour of grey, and my two other colours are green and pink.  The "add your own" twist that I chose is die-cuts.  

This adorable image from Gerda Steiner Designs is Frog with Heart.  I've had this digital image for several years, and it appears to be retired now.  I coloured it with markers, added spots to the frog with a darker green marker and white accents with a paint pen and then fussy-cut.  I used a wonky stitched frame die-cut (Reverse Confetti) as well as Impression Obsession Heron on Lake die.  I trimmed off the heron and so I could use that space for the frog.

I started with the background by ink-blending Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide on watercolour paper and spritzing some water.  I die-cut the lake scene from green cardstock and then added additional green shading with the same marker as the frog's spots.  The frog is adhered with foam tape, as is the wonky stitched frame. Lastly I stamped the sentiment (Stampendous).


Thank you to The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge for having me as your Guest Deisigner this month - I had fun!


I would like to join the following challenges:
Die Cut Divas May AG 4/4
DL.ART May Linky AG UE
Jan's Digi Stamps May AG 5/5
Passion for Markers 643 3 or more layers UE
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday May 19-June 1 AG Optional Partial Die-cut or Punch (I cut off the heron so I used partial die-cut) 2/3
Word Art Wednesday 545-546 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 5/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a carefree day!

12 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful framed scene and the frog is adorable. super cute card.

Michelle N. said...

I so enjoy your cards-love the cute frog and the scene! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

terrie said...

Awesome frog card Kitty...you did a fantastic job with the image and the background scene....well done all around.
So glad you had a great time being a guest designer for The Outlawz forum.

Alyson Mayo said...

I think I need to check out this challenge... love the frog holding the heart in the marsh - great scene!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:) How CUTE!!! This frog puts a big smile on my face and love the spots you added on her!! Your lake background is just fabulous and you stretched very well the die cutting out the heron! Love so much the choice of colours, it's an elegant palette! Big congrats for your monthly GD position, very well deserved!!
Sending heartfelt hugs on your way, dear Kitty!! Enjoy your freedom days the most you can!

Arlene said...

Oh my gosh, really cute! So glad you entered the challenge at Die Cut Divas. Arlene, DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Kitty, he really looks like he has got love badly!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Mc Enery said...

I love your stitched frame and the wonderful scene you created. Your inked background turned out beautifully. Sweet little image. Love his spots! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Crafty KJ said...

Aw I love this gorgeous scene you've created! That frog is just too cute and the lake background is brilliant! Lovely sentiment and that stitched frame really makes it stand out. Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card. The frog image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Good luck with your entry. x Kitty DT

Fikreta said...

It's beautiful!