Saturday, November 13, 2021

Mugs and Kisses

Hi, everyone!  I have a second card to share today!  I'm not into gnomes at all, but I decided to jump on the gnome bandwagon with this card!  This fun gnome is enjoying a mug of hot cocoa.  

I found a Christmas-themed 12x12" patterned paper pad at Dollarama this week.  I was hesitant to buy it since the images and patterns are rather large, meant for scrapbooking, but there were some papers I liked with foiling, so I went for it.  After I got it home, I spied this gnome and decided to fussy-cut him from the patterned paper, along with the gift.  His hat and clothing are red foil, but it's hard to see in the photo. I circle-punched the snowflake and leaf from the same paper.  I added Star Dust Stickles to the gnome's pompom and a pink gem on the gift, cup, and snowflake.  

For the background, I did stencilling and embossing.  First I embossed the white panel with Darice Snowflake Background and then stencilled some red snowflakes with Candied Apple Distress Oxide using Dreamweaver Snowflakes Stencil. I chose one of the small snowflakes for stencilling.  I like the effect!  Finally I adhered a self-made sentiment from Microsoft Word.  Here are the embossing folder and stencil used:

Dreamweaver Stencil
Snowflakes LJ819

Darice Snowflake
Background Embossing Folder

I'm excited to be joining the Fall/Winter 2021 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, along with the following 7 challenges, for a total of 8:


ABC Christmas W for Whimsical UE
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 268 AG Christmas Optional Use Buttons UE
Let's Squash It 14 Stencil and Emboss 1/3



The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 83 AG Christmas Optional Red and White 8/10

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

26 comments:

Melanie R said...

Fabulous fun card, Kitty! Purchasing that paper was a great decision. The "Santa Gnome" is so bright and festive.

terrie said...

Fantastic card Kitty...I'm glad that you found a way to make the Gnome fit well on your card (your such a true crafter)....well done & TFS.

Cindy C. said...

Oh so sweet!

Dotty Jo said...

Such a sweet card! Your gnome friend is a delight and I like the sweet and simple background you've created using our current technique/theme! Thanks for playing at Let's squash It! Jo x

Donna said...

This could not be any cuter!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I LOVE HIM! So clever getting use of the papers -- well done :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have done so well buying that paper block, my friend! This Santa looks so fun and sweet and I'm sure his shining is awesome in real life! Love the glittered pompom of the hat and the cute cup in his hands! Great take of Let's squash prompt! The stencilled snowflakes add interest to the embossed background! Fun sentiment too!
Big hugs (mugs) and kisses to you too! :D

Bunny said...

He's a cute gnome. I love the sentiment. [Bunny]

Beccy said...

He's a cute little gnome Kitty, dressed and ready for the season by the look of him... love the stripy red hat with the glittery pompom on the end. The embossed background looks great and I like that you added a few additional snowflakes in red, they really pop!
Cheers,
Beccy

Chandhini said...

The gnome is so cute.
I love the dry embossed background.

CarlavdM said...

Wonderfull card with the Gnome...I like them too.

Barbara Godden said...

I got 3 smaller paper pads from $$rama and saw the 12 X 12 pad but thought it was too large, you saw it would work wtg. Super cute gnome and design.

Fikreta said...

oh this is so cute!
hugs

ionabunny said...

Cute gnome and I love your stencilled embossed background. Fab card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's squash It! Hugz

Gail said...

Hopping over from the Coffee Lovers Blog to say - Fabulous Card!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful Gnome & hot cocoa card. Was not fond of Gnomes much until I saw how they are whimsically used.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is great Kitty, he made me smile. I hope he doesn't trip over as he can't see where he is going. lol!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Scrapper69 said...

hey lady! I know it's been forever and a day since I've been by... life has kept me busy! LOL

I had to stop by and tell ya how CUTE I think your card is! I adore your Gnome and I'm so glad you went ahead and bought that paper pack from dollarama! :)
HUGS!

Theresa
Theresa's Crafty Creations

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh, this little gnome is too stinking cute!!!

Guri said...

Ho, ho. Cool card

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable Kitty!

*Vicki* said...

Your gnome is super cute!! What a darling card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun festive design and you made fantastic use of the design paper!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

Dorte said...

Such a fun and cute grome Christmas card, Kitty. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

Tina Z. said...

he is sooo cute, I love it. especially with the red foil.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous background for your fun gnome. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz