Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Gift Envelope

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a gift envelope!  I made this a few months ago to enclose some happy mail for a crafty friend!  (If I can fnd the YouTube tutorial I followed, I will link it.)


The adorable bear is Beccy's Place Loving Stanley, and I used the precoloured version, fussy-cut, and popped up with foam tape. Behind Stanley I used some die-cut doilies (the pink one was a gift from Gail S., thank you!).  The patterned paper is from my old 12x12 stash (Carson Dellosa) and I tore one of the edges to add some texture.  At the top and bottom I added some thin washi tape, and I used my Recollections butterfly punch with some sequins for embellishments.  The sentiment die is Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello.

Here's a photo of the back of the envelope. The flap is kept closed with a velcro semicircle.


I added another punched butterfly on the flap, and I stamped my "Handmade by" stamp (Joy Clair custom stamp) at the bottom.

I would like to support the following challenges: 2 Crafty Critter Crazies AG w Animals 5/5; Beccy's Place December Optional Plants and Flowers UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper December UE; Creatalicious AG Optional Use a Stencil UE; Cute Card Thursday AG UE; DL.ART December Linky AG UE 1/d; Jo's Scrap Shack Always AG 1/3; Pammie's Inky Pinkies AG 1/3; Penny's Paper-crafty AG 2/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Wrap it Up (gift envelope) 1/5; The Corrosive December AG 1/3; The Outlawz Twisted Thursday TT120618 AG Optional Gatefold 1E; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 4/5 wk1

Thank you for looking at my gift envelope! Wishing you a joyful day!

21 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a cute project! Beautiful paper and doilies. Your little bear is so sweet, and your butterflies are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
Linda

cotnob said...

This is so sweet, such a cute bear.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob

x

Bunny said...

I love this gift envelope. Loving Stanley is a cute little bear, too. [Bunny]`````````

Scrapper69 said...

So Stinkin' CUTE! Adorable Bear and I love that pattern paper!

Theresa

Donna said...

This is absolutely adorable, I have a big weakness for bears and butterflies so you made a perfect combo here!

jimlynn said...

So pretty and a very cute idea too. Love the doily behind that cute image.
Lynn

Mrs A. said...

What a sweet bear he is. In answer to your Q. Yes angels are ok as they have wings. Hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable bear, super project, great use of the doilies. The patterned paper is lovely.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet gift envelope, love so much how you designed it! The bear looks so cute, love the pretty doilies and that distressed paper with the butterflies! It's great that the flap has a piece of velcro to keep itself closed! Also the paper is lovely and so feminine! Well done!
Hugs :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute & pretty Kitty.
God Bless you at this festive time. Have a good one.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sharon said...

cute gift card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful gift card, love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great gift envelope design and I love the doily and cute bear image.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous paper you used for the envelope and such a cute bear. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
Margaret

Wendy said...

Oh my I just love the sweet bear and then I scrolled down and saw your envelope!! Gorgeous!!! I'm in love! Thanks for sharing in all the fun at PIP Challenges!!
Wendy PIP DT
https://Hi-Regards.blogspot.com

Donna Ellis said...

Cute little gift envelope, KT, and a darling bear! hugs, de

Heather said...

Awww . . . how cute!! That bear is really sweet and a fun way to dress up an envelope for happy mail! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Jackie C said...


This has come together beautifully! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your creations again! Jackie DT member.

Beccy said...

What a gorgeous gift envelope Kitty, someone will be thrilled to receive it. You've sure put a lot of work into making it... I love the die cut doilies and your choice of patterned paper. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Melanie said...

A lovely envelope!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use a stencil” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

The Red Mullet Band said...

Adorable gift envelope!
Congrats!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator