Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Coffee-themed Gratitude Journal (2 of 6)

Hi, everyone!  I mentioned in my previous post that I made my first journal! It is a coffee-themed gratitude journal in fall colours!  I made it back in August for a crafty friend, and I'm sharing it now as part of the 2018 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers' Blog Hop.


There are a lot of photos of my journal so I'm sharing a couple pages at a time.  In this post, I am showing the inside front cover.  Stay tuned for more journal pages in my next blog post!


On the inside front cover, I made a pocket to hold several journal cards (described in detail below) and added a strip of washi tape along the spine. The large scalloped border is from Spellbinders.  The coffee girl and coffee cup are from Krafting on the Download - Coffee Girl Chic.  On page 1, I used word art/sentiment from Gloria Stengel Designs.  I decorated it with a strip of coffee-themed washi tape and backed it with a die-cut doily.  The patterned paper is from my old stash (Carson Dellosa).  


The above photo shows the journal cards that were tucked in the pocket.  For the first one, I used word art from Create with TLC, changed the colour, and layered it digitally onto a journal card from Raspberry Road Designs - Pumpkin Spice. I did the same with the second journal card using word art from Create with TLC and a journal card from Raspberry Road Designs - Coffee Break.  The third journal card is from Raspberry Road Designs - Pumpkin Spice (unaltered), and the fourth is from Mein Lila Park, with added word art from Create with TLC.

I would also like to support the following challenge:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper December UE

Thank you for looking at my project!  Stay tuned for more pages of my journal! Wishing you a joyful day!

11 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Cool Kitty
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful mixed media art for these pages.

~amy~ said...

looks awesome, I've seen that fun digi set!

Fikreta said...

oh woow!
all is so awesome!
hugs

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely modern design for your journal! The colours and images are so beautiful! Great idea making a pocket in the cover for the journal cards! Well done!
Hugs!

Billie A said...

Fun.. very creative.

Barbara Godden said...

Oh I love those journal card and how you tucked them into pockets. I thought they were premade. kudos for a great job.

Laura S. said...

Wonderful project, love the insert cards!

Gina said...

What a fabulous gift! I'm sure it will be received with great joy :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a really fun and creative design.

Hetty said...

Great pages and cards! i love Create with TLC!