Tuesday, October 3, 2023

The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge Starts Today!

Hello, everyone!  If you like cats and Christmas, then October is your month!  The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge starts today!  Woot, woot!  This is the purr-fect time to make Christmas cards for your cat-loving friends and relatives!  See my first card below!

This fun challenge has been organized by Jo at Christmas Kickstart Challenge and runs until October 31 - I hope you can join us!  There are lots of sponsors, prizes, and games so make sure you head over and follow the challenge blog so you won't miss any of the fun this month!  

We are also remembering our dear friend Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden, who hosted the annual Cat Lovers Hop for eight years and who sadly passed away in January 2023.  Rest in peace, Janis.  

Here's my first card for the challenge, featuring an adorable kitty from Your Next Stamp's Paws Love Joy (sorry, this stamp set is sold out).  

Sadly Your Next Stamp is closing this month, on October 15.  However, the prices are super low, so head on over and snag yourself a deal!  Although her inventory is getting low, I noticed there are still some cute cat stamps left, so please don't miss out!  Just look at this cutie:


Products:
Stamps:  Your Next Stamp's Paws Love Joy (image and sentiment) 
Dies:  My Favorite Things Stitched Traditional Tag Stax (tag), Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders (snowy landscape), Poppystamps Lovely Gift Bow (bow), Sunny Studio Stamps (snowflake - freebie with order)
Patterned paper:  Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries 6x6", Chantahlia Designs Lavender Snowflakes Digital Paper
 
I coloured the cute kitty with markers and fussy-cut so I could pop her up on foam tape.  I added some dots with a white paint marker on her hat and eyes. The green background was created with Distress Oxide Inks (Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint) using the ink-smooshing technique on watercolour paper.

Your Next Stamp is also one of the generous sponsors of the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!   

I would like to join the following challenges, for a total of 10:
Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge 79 October Christmas Cats 1/6 C10
Crafts Galore Encore 116 October AG 1/3
Creative Knockouts 504 2 or More Patterned Papers 1/3 C10
Jan's Digi Stamps October AG 1/5
Show Us Your Pussycats October Furrything Goes UE
Word Art Wednesday 615-616 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk 1

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joy-filled day!

28 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wooo hooo! Your card is gorgeous - completely adorable. Thanks so much for all your help and please know I couldn't have done this without you guys. Thanks for playing on Day #1, Jo x

Carol L said...

It's so good to see a post from you again and what a cute card this is! That is such an adorable kitty with those big eyes and I love the tag with the golden sparkle elements! Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts - it's always a pleasure to hear from you and see you blogging again. Take care and have a great week ahead! Hugs and blessings

Donna said...

I've been looking forward to October and your cat cards dear friend. This is darling, great coloring of the kitty and backgrounds are great. Purple is a wonderful color for this. His eyes and heart nose are so cute too!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful tag/card Kitty

gr karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dearest Kitty!!! I'm so glad to see you on blogger again! And with a wonderful card for remembering Janis!! Yay! I'm very happy for the organized Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!! I have only some scraps of time as you know, because of my Mum problems, but I can't miss it! :)
The kitty you used in your card is delightful and seems also a bit mischievous :) Great colouring, love how you made the stripes of her fur and all the white details on her scarf and hat! Love the purple with the sparkling gold, too! And the design with the tag and that big bow looks wonderful!
About the questions you wrote in your comment on my blog: we all (humans and cats) are well enough, despite some heath problems. Hope the same with you and Bryan. I' seeing only now about Honeydew in your sidebar!!! Oh no!!!! So sad for him!!! And for you, dear friend!!! I can image how much you both suffered and miss him!!! We are never ready to loose our furry friends!
Sending you my biggest hugs and thoughts, dear Kitty!! Hope you could find some comfort remembering your days with him!
You are always in my prayers too!
Love
Alice xx

Jan Mahew said...

Adorable, Kitty! Beautifully colored. Thank you for sharing your memorial creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I am sure she is smiling down.
Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

papierelle said...

Dear Kitty, I was very happy about your comment and your words. I kept thinking about you, but I didn't want to be intrusive. I'm all the more pleased that we're now reading about the Catlovers Christmas Challenge. Your card is again so adorable and I really like your choice of colors. I wish you all the best and send a hug!! Gundi x

mandysea said...

Its sooooooo lovely to meet up with you again and to call in on your blog and to see you beautiful artwork. I'm so grateful for this! Your little kitty is absolutely adorable and your shading is as always spot on. I do love a bit of gold glitter and it sets your card off well. Take care and look forward to seeing more of your work :) xx

jimlynn said...

It's so good to see you blogging again! I always love seeing your cards.
This one is a cutie - and pretty at the same time. I love that little kitty image and the touches of gold on here. Precious!
Lynn

terrie said...

First of all, you kitty cat card is adorable especially with big round eyes. Well done the layout.
Next it is so nice to see you back on your blogs, you have been missed and looking forward in seeing more of your card making.
Also, such a nice write-up of your friend Janis & memories of her.
Please take care & welcome back my friend.

CinnamonSally said...

Super cute card for the challenge.

Lena said...

Beautifully done, Kitty. I love the colour combo you used. I would not have thought of it. Love the sweet image.
Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

Barbara Godden said...

Great to see your cards again, this one is adorable, great non traditional colours.great design now I need to see what I can do for the challenge.

Debi said...

Made me smile! That's one adorable kitty! Love the eyes!

Gail said...

What a lovely kitten creation you have here --- I know how much you love your pets -- happy to see you posting - Hope all is going well -- have a blessed week my friend. Prayers and hugs for you.

Becca Yahrling said...

Hi Kitty! You know I always adore your sweet cards and this one is no exception! Especially when there's purple involved. hehe A really great design where all your elements & colors came together so purrfectly. hugs, Becca

Suzanne H said...

Hi Kitty! I love how you've wrapped your kitty in purple! I know Becca loves purple so she'll LOVE this one. I'm so glad you are able to participate. I'm so sorry about Honeydew but I saw you have some new kitty friends to ease your sorrow. Talk soon!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh Kitty, Your card is adorable!!! He looks like such a happy kitty! I really like how you used a tag on your card, and the stars are so pretty! Such a lovely card!! Your coloring is fantastic!
I am running behind on everything. Hoping I get caught up soon, so I can post and catch up!
Hope you are doing well dear friend! (((HUGS!)))

Carole J said...

Hello Karen!
I'm so happy that this event is taking place in honour of our lovely Janis. Octobers just won't be the same without the Cat Lovers Hop, will they?
I am sad to hear about Honeydew, but certain that your memories of her will keep her alive in your heart.
Your kitty card is adorable - I love that startled, wide-eyed look on her face. The design is lovely and the sentiment is perfect. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely kitty Christmas cards.
x

Deborah Hellman said...

Wonderful card and challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a little cutie on the sweet tag - love the design, Kitty! Thanks for the inspiration at Christmas Kickstart!!

Ellibelle said...

This is totally adorable and what a great sketch!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Catie Cuddles said...

Sweet card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely card with a sweet kitten. Love the lilac colours. Angela.

Bunny said...

Hello, Kitty. This is so cute. Everything you do turns to gold and oh how I know you love your kitties. We haven't talked for so long. I've had better days but I'm trying to get back into more of posting. [Bunny]

Helen said...

Such a cute cat and a great card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore.

Helen x
DT

Fikreta said...

its gorgeous card!
Love it!
hugs

Fikreta said...


Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱